being a cartoonist

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

being a cartoonist

ok all i have been drawing this cartoon for almost 8 years now. I am currently trying to get this thing published.

The cartoon is called "6th street kidz" I got it copywritten back in 2001

i need help, advice, all i can get, because i want this cartoon to b eth ebest and get published.

if anyone can or wants to help pm me and we'll talk and i'll sned you teh myspace link.

yes currently i am trying to get support using myspace. i was given advise to create an online buzz, it could help out alot. so i am using that and numerous message boards i belong to get weekly strips. so far i am getting nothing but positive feedback and support.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I don't care about being popular. I just want to do good art.

Well what makes an art product commercially successful? ... I think promotion helps the most. I've seen both good and bad, original and cliche, skilled and amateur art be made popular using promotion. Seems having something simple and instantly appealing is important to. Like a "hook" from a pop song? Some kind of gimmick will help I think. Novelty sometimes does well, sometimes not. Appealing to a large demographic is important too, so you should take out stuff that may alienate your audience. You could try showing it to your friends to see if you get a good reaction. Everyone has different opinions though, so don't change anything unless alot of people complain about it. Maybe post it places that get a lot of attention but standards are usually pretty low? DA, Youtube (maybe a documentary on your work), or here... It will make you look better to be next to uninteresting work, I think.

Thanks
    be careful what you post on myspace. i believe once u post an image on their, some of the rights are taken away from you and it becomes theirs. you may look into this further.

Members who have read this thread: 1