Art: Tempt the Messiah: Part II - new art
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tempt the Messiah: Part II - new art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tempt the Messiah: Part II - new art

Last edited by g.owen; October 1st, 2008 at 07:22 PM.
    "I HEAR THUNDER IN THE DESERT."
    www.leadethme.blogspot.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is this a selfportrait?

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha

Concept Art
    Comic Art
    Illustration
    Artist for hire

Portfolio
    Blog

Repossessed: a Graphic Novel in the making
    REPOSSESSED

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most of the stuff you've done are very realistic in nature but have you ever thought about going light on the black outlines? because I'm not sure if the deep black outlines are helping the piece to be realistic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jesus is my drinking buddy....

My God has a bigger dick than your God.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tempt the Messiah - art from Part II, "Stone of the Temple"

LINK TO PART II IS AT BOTTOM OF WEBPAGE,PART I.

No, that is not me. You would find that funny, Blackfish. And please don't hit anybody with that......toy hammer? Should I tell Goblinshark the same thing I told you?

The black lines. Originally, I did not have the bold black lines. As the project continued, I found myself favoring them. I don't know why, I just like it better that way.

Jesus....your drinking buddy? Well, He did drink wine when He walked the earth as a man. But now, He only offers living water. It is a "new" wine. Do you know about...THUNDER in the desert, Mr. Thundercock?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well im not going to critique the drawing but you should really change the lettering. You should use a different font and word balloon shape. If you have nice and legible handwriting you could even letter it by hand. In my opinion hand lettered comics always look better. All im saying is that you've obviously put a lot of work into the art but the world balloon seems like an afterthought. Thats just my opinion though and everyone has their own preferences.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i agree with DesperateCuban about the lettering.
    it's really detracting from the art.

black_fish and thundercock...
    what's the deal?
    this guy sticks his neck out to show some stuff he spent alot of time on and you laugh and mock him?
    show some respect.

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its really a shame that people just dont have any class at all.... Personally its not my type of subject matter but, the art is really excellent. I like your technique and your process is really interesting... Keep opn developing this.. Personally like others have mentioned the font is really hindering the maximum impact this piece holds... find a font thats easily readable but, is cohesive with your style. I would also explore a different way to write the words meaning instead of the bubble combine some of the elements of your painting and incorporate it into the design. Great work.. keep it up..

BTW- I love the black outline..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sequential art about Jesus and the Satan in a desert and atop the Temple Mount

Quote Originally Posted by mwillustration
    black_fish and thundercock...
    what's the deal?
    this guy sticks his neck out to show some stuff he spent alot of time on and you laugh and mock him?
    show some respect.
    Well, in black_fish's defense, that is sort of an inside joke. And the thundercocks don't bother me either. The way I see it, if you are going to stick your neck out, you better have a tough neck. I'll take some "trash talk", if I get some meaningful feedback along with it. But I do thank you for your support there.

Anyway, what specifically did you guys have in mind as far as font and word balloons? Do you think I should just have the words in the sky? I thought about differents ways, and tried different ways, but could not find anything to satisfy. Show me what you have in mind if you have the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to have to agree with some of the previous posts in that the black outline is a bit harsh, I'd suggest toning it down and possibly matching it to the surrounding objects (albeit a bit darker).
    as far as the word balloons go, I think a different font would be in order, but as to which one, I'm not sure.
    All in all, I love the subject matter and the style. Some tweaking would make it most excellent.
    Keep it up.

Boston Splinter Cell 36
    Jushra | Purb36 | PartialArtist | Vorp | Kongni

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not really sure.. Maybe a scroll??? I mean if your if your subject matter is biblical and from what i understand scroll were a popular thing in those days.. if you need to put the words in something I would suggest something like a scroll... It also doesnt have to be the same thing it can easily change from illo to illo which I would probably prefer is done well... Its a hard to to work on if "design" is not your thing... Keep on chipping at it though.. you will def. find something that you like the more you work at it..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    blambot.com has a large selection of free fonts and premade wordballoons . The ones without the red dot besides them are free.

edit: Just found this site it has a bunch of links to free fonts and lettering tutorials http://hans.presto.tripod.com/fontlinks.html
    hope it helps out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi greg your sequential art at your blog is great! i love the look in satans face, as he were angry about jesus. the second part on the temple is even better that the first in the desert .

If your Religion doesn't change your life, you better change your Religion...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would definately agree about the word bubble and font as well, it takes away from the mood that is envoked by7 the piece. Also, what were your intentions with the birds, why straight vertical? Good luck with this project and God bless. Also, thanks for your comments on my blog, very encouraging.

- Visions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tempt the Messiah - symbolisms and text in the art

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Visions
    ...what were your intentions with the birds, why straight vertical?...
    - Visions
    The birds are vertical there because it is suppose to make you think of angels. Look closer. Looks kind of like angels. In this part, the birds represent angels and Christ is addressing them. Satan is suggesting that God employ His angels to install a new world order with Christ as its head. If Christ had "thrown Himself down" and angels materialized to bear him up before the people of the Holy city, the event would have indeed ushered in a new angelic world order. What to do with the rebels, those who will not bow to Christ and the angels? Well, Satan will take care of those people (in the comic, the pictures before and after this one speak on this). You see, Satan is after a designation. He is trying to negotiate his way out of the Lake of Fire.

So, the text here....is this better? Maybe I can have the text boxes, but replace the word balloons like I did here. What do you think?

MERRY CHRISTMAS C.A.!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by g.owen; December 25th, 2006 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I really like the work you have produced.

Thanks for the time and effort. The work slightly reminds me of Travis Charest. I really like his art style so that is prob. why I like yours as well.

I would like to see these as separate pages when I go to your site, so it feels like I am looking at a real comic book (just my pref.)

One thing I would like to do in the future is the entire sequence of when Satan fell from grace and how he drug down 1/3 of the stars (fallen angels) with him.

To think there was a war raged in heaven, what would that look like (pretty cool in my mind.) And as these angels fell, what was their transformation into their demonic state?

I think there is so much cool art that could be created from these events, it really surprises me that more artist haven't tried to do their rendition of them.

I think a lot of people think, oh the bible and God, that has to be boring, I'm not going to touch that.

Well I'm glad that you did! You made my Christmas!

Keep up the great work,

Nick.

P.S. (Why does Satan look like a woman to me?)

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:17)

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your revistion of the font is a definate a step up. one place I go to is Barns and Noble, they have really good selections (at least the one by were i live) of Indiependant comics, there is allot of innovation once you get outside of marvel/dc (not that I dislike, but they ARE the mainstream). even if you dont find anything specific you want to use, i find its good to see people really "out there" and sometimes there creativity inspires a synergy in me to put our my own stuff. pay attention to there box shapes, borders, space between, see what is confy and not so confy to your preferances. Rootin for ya,

God Bless & Merry Christmas.

Visit my Portfolio

My Book Illustrations : A Children's book in progress that follows a young Raptor. Take a look, let me know what you think.

Inkblot Robots daily rampage!

~la bonne nuit ma colombe, Oui?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm... in my opinion i you should use speach bubbles, cause then it´s more clear, who is speaking. yes i konw that it looks cooler without them. in the second pic the focus is going more onto the art. in the second one it´s more concentrated on the text. maybe cause the outlines of the spechbubble give a hard contrast to the art image. just by the look i would prefer the second one. maybe you can lighten the text and make the speachbubble more transparent.

If your Religion doesn't change your life, you better change your Religion...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm totally offended you didn't take my font recommendation.

but seriously, this one is working alot better.
    i still think a different font could serve the image better though.
    i've just seen this font (papyrus, right?) used so much, i get sick of it.
    might just be my personal taste though.

i liked your closer crop alot better too.
    there seems to be way too much sky and too many birds now that it distracts from your focal point which i'm assuming you want to be the figure. (his face or hand)

i hope that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tempt the Messiah - plan to use Hebrew looking font

Quote Originally Posted by mwillustration
    i'm totally offended you didn't take my font recommendation.

but seriously, this one is working alot better.
    i still think a different font could serve the image better though.
    i've just seen this font (papyrus, right?)...
    mwillustration suggested for me to use a Hebrew looking text. I think this is a great idea and I am planning to do just that. I have not found a free one yet though. For now, I am just trying different looks. When I settle with a particular approach, I plan to have a Hebrew looking font...and yes, that is papyrus.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a happy new year!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey G.
    try here, www.dafont.com

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.