C.O.W. - #070: Snowflake Dancer - Voting! - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweed

    7 7.53%
  • Michael Jaecks

    4 4.30%
  • AyaXiac

    3 3.23%
  • Evui

    3 3.23%
  • redehlert

    14 15.05%
  • Destinatus

    0 0%
  • kovah

    0 0%
  • chaosrocks

    0 0%
  • mr-nicks

    0 0%
  • misledtomisery

    0 0%
  • mattbyng

    0 0%
  • jfwalls

    6 6.45%
  • walachnia

    16 17.20%
  • ikuru

    5 5.38%
  • Supervlieg

    9 9.68%
  • Moog

    3 3.23%
  • JakkaS

    23 24.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 49 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Germany and California
    Posts
    973
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 191 Times in 114 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Evui I was considering you for my vote and I just want to let you know it doesn't mean your piece isn't good, just because you got so few votes. I know how it feels - sometimes I feel good about my piece and it does lousy in the polls. Just wanted to tell you, you deserve more votes. I think had you made the image more dramatic, with bigger size contrast (the fore-most should have been much bigger) and a little more color or simply value contrast would have made this a real contester! Good work though!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Algonquin IL
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I really loved Jakkas piece but saw no way that his creature could be credited as a snowflake dancer; its more like a snow blower. In the end I felt that AyaXiac's piece really nailed the Snowflake part, and so had to cast that way. I could see the creature being just centimeters large and floating down with other snowflakes.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon4lunch
    Evui I was considering you for my vote and I just want to let you know it doesn't mean your piece isn't good, just because you got so few votes. I know how it feels - sometimes I feel good about my piece and it does lousy in the polls. Just wanted to tell you, you deserve more votes. I think had you made the image more dramatic, with bigger size contrast (the fore-most should have been much bigger) and a little more color or simply value contrast would have made this a real contester! Good work though!
    *hug* Thank you so much, I really appreciate you giving me feedback. I really wanted to know how I could do better, and you really helped alot. I do agree, I really should have made the foreground larger and more dramatic. I wanted the pic to be cold, but I noticed I made it too cold with no balance. I'm still learning everyday ^____^ Thank youuuu!!

    Ai and I voted for Jfwalls because he took a risk with making the sky orange in a blizzard and placing it in a completely different existing world. It's a sweet design, I really love.

    AyaXiac also very very nice, and very close. You should have alot more votes because I love how hardcore you made a creature out of snowflake dancer XDD. Great job.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evui
    AyaXiac also very very nice, and very close. You should have alot more votes because I love how hardcore you made a creature out of snowflake dancer XDD. Great job.

    Haha,thanks. I'll have to work on my submissions a little bit more to make them more appealing it seems though

    Everyones submissions had such nice texturing and rendering done on them.. I really need to learn how to apply that to my art ><

    - Artemis Kolakis -
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,746
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 56 Times in 14 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Evui Thanks for the vote! It seems the orange sky was the deciding point for most people.

    Also, not to be a tattle-tale, but Sweed voted for himself.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AyaXiac
    Haha,thanks. I'll have to work on my submissions a little bit more to make them more appealing it seems though

    Everyones submissions had such nice texturing and rendering done on them.. I really need to learn how to apply that to my art ><
    Have you made your own brushes? Those help so much with texture, but I'm not all that good with them yet, I just learned how to make them XD
    And just like what dragon4lunch told me, the same applies to you. It's unfair somethimes ^^;;;

    Last edited by Evui; December 18th, 2006 at 03:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,090
    Thanks
    341
    Thanked 153 Times in 108 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jfwalls
    Evui Thanks for the vote! It seems the orange sky was the deciding point for most people.

    Also, not to be a tattle-tale, but Sweed voted for himself.
    And we all know what happens to little boys that vote for themselves...

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ikuru
    And we all know what happens to little boys that vote for themselves...
    LOL even if nothing realy happens I'd love it if you'd make something awesome up to humour me

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,033
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 215 Times in 91 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    MORON!!!!!!!!

    Hehe no, just kidding....no really...MORON!!!!!!....nono....kiddiMOROOOOOOOOON !!!

    ok, Sweed
    just tell me who you really want to vote for...of course there went something wrong with the transfer of your vote...this stupid system counted your vote for your own entry...

    Last edited by Fozzybar; December 22nd, 2006 at 08:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,033
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 215 Times in 91 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    ...oh and btw

    redehlert
    I AM WATCHING YOU! YOUR ASS WILL BE BUSTED SOON! YOU GOT A VOTE FROM A MEMBER WHO IS NAMED redFIVE...WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TWITTING EH??? EEEEH?????????????




    ok time for my pills...

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,090
    Thanks
    341
    Thanked 153 Times in 108 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evui
    LOL even if nothing realy happens I'd love it if you'd make something awesome up to humour me
    Oh, but it&#180;s not funny....
    They get a phonecall...
    The voice goes; "Seven Days..." (heavy german accent)
    than one week later. A red ugly bear crawls out of their telly and kills them.
    This is a true thing, honnest, they even made that movie about it. Lord of the Rings.

    Last edited by ikuru; December 19th, 2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar
    MORONE!!!!!!!!

    Hehe no, just kidding....no really...MORONE!!!!!!....nono....kiddiMOROOOOOOOOO NE!!!

    ok, Sweed
    just tell me who you really want to vote for...of course there went something wrong with the transfer of your vote...this stupid system counted your vote for your own entry...

    Mkay. I liked AyaXiac's. My vote goes there.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evui
    Have you made your own brushes? Those help so much with texture, but I'm not all that good with them yet, I just learned how to make them XD
    And just like what dragon4lunch told me, the same applies to you. It's unfair somethimes ^^;;;
    Haha thanks. The truth is I only got into "digital art" and all this drawing on a wacom a few months ago. I have zero idea how to make my own brushes D: The most I can do is play around with the default brushes already in there... heh.

    I guess I'll go look up a tutorial and see what I can do

    - Artemis Kolakis -
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  15. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,033
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 215 Times in 91 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweed
    Mkay. I liked AyaXiac's. My vote goes there.
    ok fixed.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  16. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    699
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 186 Times in 68 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    It's actually Moron, not Morone. A Morone is a carnivorous fish, not really something you would get offended by I guess.

    A moron is a person with a genetically determined mental age between 8 and 12, or so the internet tells me.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  17. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wągrowiec/Poland
    Posts
    749
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 155 Times in 32 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Thx for votes guys and....
    ...Merry Xmas

    Cheers
    Kuba

    Last edited by JakkaS; December 22nd, 2006 at 08:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,033
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 215 Times in 91 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Supervlieg
    It's actually Moron, not Morone. A Morone is a carnivorous fish, not really something you would get offended by I guess.
    Yeah you're right, it's moron...but don't you mean moray with the fish?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  19. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn
    Posts
    1,356
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 251 Times in 132 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    From my own personal Jesus, Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Morone

    Morone is a genus of temperate basses (family Moronidae), consisting of four species.


    Morone chrysops
    Scientific classification
    Kingdom: Animalia

    Phylum: Chordata

    Class: Actinopterygii

    Order: Perciformes

    Family: Moronidae

    Genus: Morone
    Mitchill, 1814

    Species
    Morone americana (white perch)
    Morone chrysops (white bass)
    Morone mississippiensis (yellow bass)
    Morone saxatilis (striped bass)

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  20. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,033
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 215 Times in 91 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    arghh...these creature nerds....

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook