Sketchbook: Work the Angle - Burning through pages - Page 11

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff as always, glad you managed to get back into cracking the drawings out. I really like this one: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tt/sb5_pg8.jpg
    really does feel like that when creating!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All thum' nice updates man loving it that urban/cartoonish/graphic twang is awesome a "horse of a a different color is what it is.

I'll be postin' some updates of my own soon steal nothing awesome. But, yes I second that about work 40hours a week : time and energy gone it can kick your ass. Stay on your feet brah'

Peace (or is it Deuces now?)

TheRoad

Transition from Art Critic to Artiste - Diligence, that's all I need.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, if it counts for anything, the workshop was moved to January, so technically it's next year...

GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey peeps! Thanks for the replys. So I've been drawing lately but I really don't feel like scanning this stuff in. I'm in one of my 'working through it' phases. I hope I can come out of it soon. I wish I wasn't so damn streaky.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a refreshing style, maybe one day you can let us all in on your work process.
    i like the new stuff. good luck.

'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sketch, you know I love everything you do, but... give me some more color!

ps. your plushie is in progress, just not entirely finished yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice lines as usual! this thread is really inspiring

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    weeeeecked man.

Love it all plus one.

your 3d is not bad either.

a fan.

mario

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the love guys and gals! I'm currently taking a tiny bit of a break and rethinking my approach to my work. I was on a roll when I first started doing digital pieces and wasn't thinking or worrying too much about the content of my work... just if I liked the way it looked. I find lately I'm so worried about what I'm trying to say that it's been a bit of a struggle lately. I think I was doing some of my best work when I felt confident and just had fun with it. There's always a struggle that goes on in my head about traditional vs digital and I've had a problem with using the computer as a tool but when I look at my work overall the digital pieces are usually the strongest.
    I'll be back very soon with hopefully a whole new energy for my work.

28chelseaslater : maybe all I need is a new plushy?! haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    There's always a struggle that goes on in my head about traditional vs digital and I've had a problem with using the computer as a tool but when I look at my work overall the digital pieces are usually the strongest.
    I have the same kind of issue, except my traditional is usually stronger than my digital... and my sketches have typically been stronger than my finished work overall. It's weird how things work.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Than you should do traditional, right? hehe, it's hard to figure out sometimes. Like I would rather do awesome finished traditional pieces but I find I loose my voice when I go completely traditional. I have a lot more of my own look when I go digital. I need to just get over it and do shit on the computer... I guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    umm dude where ARE THE SKETCHES??Dont starve us of your delicious stuff, post somethign ...anything....

Much love.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey whats up sketch, I've been going through a similar art slump, I've been thinking way too much about what I am trying to communicate with my art work, but I've been also thinking that I don't really have the "skills" that I need to be able to draw and paint from exactly some of the things that I imagine, And what I think happens is I try and imagine too much what I want to draw and paint that I build an expectation about what I want for a finished product and right there is a plan for disaster,
    I think the experience itself of working on a drawing or painting is really what it's all about and not the finished product.

Try doing some life drawing stuff, that always usually pulls me out of a slump or at least gets me to realize that I can only control what I draw to a certain degree.
    Than you should do traditional, right? hehe, it's hard to figure out sometimes. Like I would rather do awesome finished traditional pieces but I find I loose my voice when I go completely traditional. I have a lot more of my own look when I go digital. I need to just get over it and do shit on the computer... I guess.
    Its crazy stuff , art, I personally think that everything is relative, and everyone has their own perspective and sees things differently, you say you find you loose your voice? But everyone might not hear that voice when they look at your work, they might see or hear a different meaning or message, it might mean something completely different to somebody depending on the time that they see it, and what they are thinking or doing at that time, I think you should just do what ever feels right at the time.

I think that a break sometimes is good and keeps things refreshed.

Take care man,

by the way are you going to that workshop in Seattle?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you heard of the movie Tekkonkinkreet? It's a CGI-cell hybrid...at its finest...for some reason I thought of it when you said that you may be leaning away from your digi-mixed work. If you get a chance download it or something cause I think you'd get a kick out of it. lats

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well said Mr-Joe. I fully agree. That's what I'm doing... taking a short break and not stressing about it. BUT I'm constantly looking at art and thinking about it and what I want to do when I get busy again. Some may call it being lazy but I like to think of it as Refocusing.
    I used to do a lot of life drawing and I really miss it. Problem for me is finding one in Victoria and then also one on the weekend. There was one last year at one of the schools but I haven't found out if it is running again this year. Need to get on that shit meng!
    I probably won't be able to make it to the conference just because of work. Gots to make that money and pay me some rent. Also to buy way too much beer.

Ped - thanks man! I'll try and track it down to take a look. I really haven't enjoyed an anime in a long time. Used to dig a lot of it but that shit really starts to repeat itself. There was some Korean one that I watched a while back that was the shit... can't remember the name. It was about this city that runs on shit and they pay you for your shit with these popsicles that are drugs to get you hooked and shit more. It was messed but had some of the best action scenes I've ever seen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You don't have to go to a life drawing class to draw from life, I've only been to 2 life drawing classes, I'd like to go to more, but its hard to make it to the times they are scheduled, So what I do is just draw the people I work with when they aren't moving very much, You can even draw still objects, or landscapes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr-Joe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha... you would think! I guess my problem is I like to try and do everything... I don't know if that makes me an over-achiever, or indecisive, or crazy or what. I flip flop between the two mediums when I get burnt out, but I'm just want to get things to look polished no matter the medium. It can be tough. *sigh*

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BohemianChaos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last pics look great. Good linework as always. Nothing much to say but...keep posting! Thanks for stopping by my SB too.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to FactorZero For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome SB, Thanks for sharing! I love all the vibrant color and texture play you have going on.

J

24. The Following User Says Thank You to highsublime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you just go straight into inking them with out pencil.. wait wait is some of ur stuff like micro pens? if it is do u pencil sketch things out first real lightly or do u just jump right into the pens. nice stuff though very nice style. id wear some shirts with ur stuff on it. peace

26. The Following User Says Thank You to j0shu4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe really nice sketchbook! Those ink stylized characters rule!

I really like the style!

Keep updating!

~blaž

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Blaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I get more replies when I'm not posting new work, haha. I have been drawing a lot in the past couple days but all in very light pencil and my scanner won't pick it up. So I'll get to inking very soon and start posting again by sometime next week. I'm really not worthy of all your posts, lately. Thanks though!

Mr-Joe - Yah, you're right but I get the most out of actual 'naked human' life drawing. That's where I begin to pick up a lot of confidence and my work evolves faster.

BC - yah, I agree. I wish I could just do traditional perfectly though, hehe. I am starting to find my own voice with traditional methods and I'm hoping to keep on developing.

FactorZero - no prob and thanks for stopping by mine!

highsublime - stoked you like my shit! thanks for checking it out... and normally I update with new work a lot more than the past couple weeks.

j0shu4 - I use a lot of different types of pens, brushes etc. I used to use just microns but lately I've been prefering ink and brush. Thanks for taking a look meng!

Blaz - thanks! And I'll have some updates soon. Have been taking a bit of an art for the internet break.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BC - yah, I agree. I wish I could just do traditional perfectly though, hehe. I am starting to find my own voice with traditional methods and I'm hoping to keep on developing.
    well, art is a continual learning process, so you'll always continue to develop as long as you study and experiment with mediums. As far as a style, I think you've had your voice since the beginning of this sb... and that's something that I feel I'm still searching for, unfortunately. It's a shame good things rarely come quickly.

Can't wait to see the new stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay i'll be patient , take you time updating and man I think it will be hell of an update......yeah...... take care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello again! haha... well not as big of an update as I'd like but I'm really happy with these pieces. Still really enjoying the brush and ink thing and I am going to keep on exploring what I can do with it. Thanks for all the support and I wish I could pump out a lot more but my updates are probably going to be a bit slow for awhile until some of my work stuff gets sorted out. I'm going to try and post at least once a week though.

Work the Angle - Burning through pages

these next two are really tiny and it was super hard to use a brush to ink them because I had too much coffee... enuff excuses I know

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well mate I love the updates, just in nick of time.....Gonna save all these

The first one really does it for me.you make me wanna use brush to ink stuff, tell me what ink is best if I wanna ink linework....

Anyhoo nice to see kicking ass again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    An update! I'm so excited!
    I like the ink & brush style too, though I wish youd put some colored inks in it
    Man, that first dude would look so rad with like... some red or blue ink behind him. I like that guy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bhanu - Thanks bro. Your style would really be good with brush and ink too! I'm just using normal India Ink and three different styles and sizes of brushes. Then to do the washes you just mix in some water. And good paper if you plan on getting pretty wet with it.

chelsea - I've been thinking about trying out some coloured inks but I am just trying to get really confident with normal ink. Then start mixing them in. I'm sure you'll see them really soon.

So just as I get going again, my computer starts crapping out on me! It's been turning itself off and then sometimes it won't even turn back on. I'm happy that I got on this time as I was able to back up all my art. Hate computers sometimes! I'm going to try and use it for awhile longer or take it in and see if they can fix it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the style you got Sketch!

~Em

----------------

Beware, it's a crappy Sketchbook.

"We are all heroes! You and me and Boo..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool graphic art man ! Really enjoyed watching it!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Mex For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2