Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Work the Angle - Burning through pages

Thanks
    Excellent work with the brushpens, everything is just nice and crisp - I like it very much. Can't help but think I've seen your work around somewhere else before, maybe penciljack or ledheavy yeeears back.
    Keep updating!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks for checking this book guys...

fooxoo - I just might try and do that, or a varation of it.

monstertree - not sure where you might have seen my work. I've put up a little bit of work on ledheavy before. Only like one or two posts. And I've been around eatpoo(rip) a little bit.

Thanks
    Especially liking this one: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/sb3_pg27.jpg

The colours and the minimalistic style is working great. Did you use markers to colour it?

Bring on more colour!

Thanks
    omg, I love your style.. so edgy and graphic and confident!! What mediums do you color some of these in, like the one mentioned in Saera's post above? Wasn't sure if it was a traditional/digital combo.

Anyways, sick stuff. I'll definitely be back to see more of your work. Thanks for the inspiration

~Boho
    GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    wowee! you've been pushing it recently, man!
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/sb3_pg26.jpg the cat is awesome. great stuff, bro!

Thanks
    Fack, I really need to put some new shit up! Soon... my computer's been a big dank lately. I should be able to get my scan on by tomorrow though. I've done a few sketches lately that I'm stoked to show you guys.
    Also I bought these water colour pens by Bienfang. Pretty cool but a couple of the pens pretty much blew up on me when I first opened them. So I don't know about the quality but they're fun to play around with... especially by a traditional paint noob as myself. I'm pretty chicken shit with them and have pretty much only used them to highlight some of my pics, hehe.

Saera - thanks, that's funny cause I wasn't too sure on that one, myself. Glad you like it though. I used markers and photoshop on that one. The red and the green on the shirt are markers the rest of the colour is ps.

BohemianChaos - Super stoked that you dig my work! I'll make sure to check out your book. Like I said above, I use both markers(except for a couple that I've done lately with my watercolours!) and photoshop. Some are using just one and some are using both. I've been thinking out about bringing out the pencil crayons though. I prefer faster bolder mediums such as ink. Cheers

Asoir - Thanks meng! Drawing the cat was kinda fun for me. Never really drawn a cat unless it was a really cartoony one. Don't know why but I've really started to branch out and try to put more animals in my work. It started with birds and is slowly expanding. I also want to start studying more plant life. Buildings and bgs still aren't really calling me yet. One day.

Thanks
    Great stile sketch i really like it this is one great SB

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    great energy

Thanks
    whiteeeeeee - so stoked you like my work! As i said in your book, your shit rocks!
    Grandmassa Mr. Spect - thanks man... a lot of people comment on the energy of my work. I guess that comes from using music as my main influence. The more I think about it the more I want to increase the energy in my work. I like the idea of graffiti writers freestyling their pieces and just letting their strokes guide them.

I finally scanned in my latest work. I'm pretty happy with most of these and I'm feelin like I'm slowly progressing in a lot of different ways.

I'd like to rework the guy holding the animal balloon. I like the idea just need to tighten it up and make it work a little better.
    Work the Angle - Burning through pages

Another flying dude for me. I'd like to do a series of these guys and maybe do one with a humming bird flying with him or staring at him.

I'm stoked on this page... it has that sense of realism mixed with cartoony/graffiti style that I strive for. Plus it was my first go at using the water colour pens. I used the green first and managed to waste have the paint by pressing on the pen too hard.

This one's a little more sci fi than I usually do these days but I kinda dig it.

I plan on using this one for a tshirt design... probably going to make it less cartoony and more dark and mysterious.

Also, just wanted to tell you about a couple albums that have really helped me put my head down and do work, hehe. I found a great record shop in town that carries a lot of the kind of tunes I can't find at the major shops.

Aloe Blacc - Shine Through: This guy is SO talented and does a little bit of hip hop, soul, salsa and everyting else. It's a great listen the whole way through and will put your head in the right place.

Matt and Kim - Wow, crazy energy and will have your head nodding all over! I wish all Indie music had this kinda feel. Need to see them live!

Wale - 100 Miles and Running: If you dig Kanye West or Lupe Fiasco I recommend this one... and it's free! Just do a search for it. He has great energy and there's a lot of great remixes on here. He talks a little too much(like Kanye) but it is a mixtape.

Thanks
    You should be stoked on that page, it's really hot man - like it a lot. Also liking that deer T design, it's kinda like a graffitti style characters from the movie open season. The only thing I would watch with it is the cropping, unless where they end is the bottom of the T, which would be pretty awesome.
    Keep it up mate!

Thanks
    Thanks monstertree! I knew the deers looked like a disney movie or something. I'm going to change that when I do it up in photoshop... make it a bit darker. And yah I was doing thinking that it would come from the bottom of the shirt.

Thanks
    i also really like the deer one, can't wait to see it done up in photoshop with a darker touch That panda bear and humingbird are pretty slick as well!

Thanks
    ah, this stuff is great. You're fantastic with inks, specially love those deer, their expressions are priceless.Hoo Hah! Keep it up!

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast