Sketchbook: Work the Angle - Burning through pages - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Work the Angle - Burning through pages

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    is that done by brush, seems like so..really nice.
    Just curious what does the the blue thingy behind her signify?

Keep up the good work brother.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Bhanu! Yah, it was brush and ink... still figuring out how to use that medium but it's a fun process. The blue is the energy you get if the right song comes on your earphones at the right moment, nothing better.

I am still going through a slower period with my art but I feel like I'm pushing through it and will probably come out with something more interesting anyways.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,318 Times in 906 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    aw man, those last 2 are totally sweet. especially the 2nd to last, love that style

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude,

Good to see you're still drawing. Still got the original style. Good job on the hard work lately it seems, man.

Thats funny dude, i am drawing from the same book right now, Drawing Human Anatomy book by Giovanni Civardi. I randomly found it in a comic book store for like 20 bucks, thought it was rad, bought it instantly. Its good to have when you don't know what to draw.

Hope your doing well.

~JB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good. Maybe you should try some full scenes with backgrounds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What's good Peeps...

Mr D - Thanks for coming back and checking my pics. Stoked you like that one. I'll have to stop by your book real soon.

Justin - Hey fool! I've been trying to work hard... was on a roll than that roll came to a stop and now I'm pushing the roll to make it through. yah, that book is good although I haven't looked at it ever since, haha. One of the best books of that kind.

FactorZero - I tried to put a bg in one of my pics before and I ended up just drawing another character. Ah well at least I tried. Thanks for peering at my book again.

A few more from my moleskin...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sure thing man, you have a lot of cool stuff in here. Nice ink work btw

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha that old lady rules. i like the fox too. if he had some kinda sweet background/crazy shapes coming off of him he'd make a cool tshirt.

im coloring some copies of your dude i just printed out, trying to figure out colors n things. ill post it on here once i finish! i want you to choose which one you like. i have a limited amount of colors of felt which is sad, but..ill make it work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha, sweet! I'd say the top right one for sure! This will be awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, I think i've pointed out that girl sketch before, hint hint.. Nah Actually I like your response about putting something more into it, I was just thinking about things like that at work last night, how most artists will just draw some random hot girl standing around naked for no reason, or some bad looking dude with big sword, axe, or gun, just standing there for no reason, painted with some incredible rendering ,
    The thing is, It looks great, and it catches the eye, its painted so well, it has lots of details or maybe its some fancy style like hatching or something, but the thing is,,, the picture doesn't really tell a story, or have any purpose, it just .... looks cool.... whats the point? SO i've been thinking more about putting meaning or some type of message or story for the picture or characters to tell, so anyone looking at it has more to look at than just some fancy painted boobs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr-Joe - yah, I mean it's whatever you want to do. If you want to be a video game concept artist then sure, draw some huge breasted chick with her g-string showing or whatever. I've drawn a shit load of hot chicks and I started to looking for something ugly in something really beautiful or sexy. I don't really want to say I'm against fancy painted boobs though, haha. Who doesn't love a pair of painted boobs!? If I'm going to paint a pair of painted boobs I'd prob rather do some monkey tits or something. And about having a story or meaning behind things.... I do a lot of shit just because I think it looks appealing or interesting. But I do it hoping the viewer is going to create their own story for themselves. mmm monkey tits!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *paint a pair of painted boobs*

I liked that, nice duck too man haha

SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A drawing of how I come up with my characters and such.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm loving the updates... as always. Think you'll be attending the workshop in Seattle this December??

GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BC - There's a workshop in Seattle?! haha, didn't even know about it. Shows how much I check out the rest of CA. Who's the main presenters/artists?

Just found these in my old shit, haha. Used to want to videogames and such...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DAmn you are it again, fast and furious , and thats how I like your thread.

Great , Inspirational.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man! i love that hippo, haha & the bunny feet bear. how old are these?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, thanks Bhanu and Chelsea! The bear and hippo are about 5 years ago and the other ones are about 3 or 4 years ago. 3d is so time consuming and once I ended up working and having various roommates or girlfriends I just didn't have the time anymore. I like what I'm seeing with some of these new clay-like programs such as Z Brush. I think in a couple years I'll prob pick it back up when it's super intuitive. Although I wouldn't be doing the same things anymore.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eyyyyyy, nice stuff you've been doing, love a lot of those lil creatures you've been cranking out. Anyways, thought I'd let you know that I was talkin to a friend o mine about art in general, and I asked him what kind of style of art he liked, and he mentioned you're stuff (as well as a few others) specifically from threadless. At least, I think it was you, don't know if you ever put any of your t-shirt stuff up there. Small world ey?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goog - that's super cool, thanks for telling me... if it was my work he was talking about. I haven't done anything on that site for awhile though. I'm not really feeling how every shirt they go with is more about the 'joke' or idea than the actual design or art. I prefer a shirt that has awesome art than a gimmicky idea. There are a couple other tshirt websites that I'll prob do some for. I do like trying out some of the theme competitions that they have on threadless just because it makes me try some things that I wouldn't have otherwise. It's really awesome to hear about people talking about enjoying my work... better than them talking about how much it sucks or worse, not talking at all.
    I have a couple more pics to scan in but I've been working really long hours this week so it might be a little bit slow for a bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe, I lied, here's an update...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha, I like that last one, awesome. you should 3d model some of the dudes in your cartoon style, that'd be cool to see.

SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow... nice 3D, and great textures! I had no idea. I'd post my old stuff but it's embarrassing how bad some of it was.

As for the workshop, it's going to be huge. Check out the main page on CA.org, or go to the General > Lounge thread... Jason Manley is keeping us all posted. You should really go.......

GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I almost missed and that sneaky update.Really love the lines, when I have not....Umm a request......can you tell me a little about lineweight , i want to make use of it i my art but dont know how.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr. Delicious - Thanks! The last one was the first of my Lost & Found pages. I work for transit in my city and I get a lot of lost and found turned in from the buses, so I figured it could be kinda cool to draw the lost item and the person or creature who lost it.
    I am just waiting for 3d to get to a point that I feel like I can just open the program(one program not 10) and create a simple model in an hour or so. But yah, I for sure want to explore 3d again. I think it was some of the frustration of 3d that made me move on to different things with 2d.

BC - I'd love to go but I only get one week off this year and I've already booked off Christmas week. It would be fun and I'll take a look and see if there's any way I can make it.

bhanu - I think your lack of line weight is one of the things that attracts me to your work, haha. But umm... I guess I learned about line weight through doing 2d animation. You want to do thicker(or darker) lines to either show weight or depth. If there's two objects and one's supposed to be closer than that one should have thicker lines and the one in the back should have thiner. Or if you're drawing an arm and hand coming toward the viewer than the lines on the hand might be heavier than the rest of the body. Hope that helps a bit. I used to do line weight a bit better when I was doing the more scifi stuff. I need to work on it too.

So I've had a really hard time finding time to get into the zone. I've been working fulltime and it's kind of a split shift so it takes up my WHOLE day. This should end by Wednesday and then hopefully I'll be able to get right back into it. I don't know how people with families and fulltime jobs get anything done. Hats off to those people!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I managed to get in a tiny bit of drawing last night...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking bloody awesome, man! That larvae thingy screams for some cool coloring.
    Love your style, dude. Impressive stuff all over this sketchbook.
    Btw, send me a pm or something if ya wanna do some sketching in open canvas, would be really fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the insightful words on lineweight. I will trying working on it.hmm I have seen the a lot of time artists use thicker lines to give importance to
    certain forms .the last monsta is cute , especially the beak thingie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flaskpost - glad you dig the latest scribbles! I would love to do some open canvas but I don't have a tablet right now. I have one in one of my boxes somewhere but it's a really small one and I hate drawing with it. I'd love to get one of those screens you can draw on! Hopefully they're coffee proof because I'd probably spill my shit all over it.

bhanu - glad it helped man. Just look at artists you like and see how they work their lines.
    The worm dude is meant to be cute so he can devour girlies who think he's adorable. Actually he prefers to eat hippos... more fat on them.

So I did this next piece because I thought the next competition at Fecalface was supposed to be under the theme of Simplicity. Turns out I was reading the wrong week and they already did Simplicity a long time ago. Ah well, maybe I can use it for one of their next themes, like stupid looking faces or something.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1