Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Show your Pics from far away places.

If anyone has cool Pics from places they visited recently, let's see them.

I went to Jamaica this past week for vacation and here are some pics I took.
    Pretty cool place, people are very friendly and I think I got offered all types of lovely mind altering drugs several times, haha even in the ocean.
    Check out some of the pics. Some are blurry I apologize, my brought my small camera and I tend to shake a lot in my hands.

A cat I saw on the way to Ricks Cafe, We took a bus and the bus driver stopped so we could take pics from a higher veiw.
    A boy outside his house cleaning pans
    This ones one of my fav. just because these boys were so cute. one was just sitting there chilling, and the first pic came out blurry so while I was about to take another one another boy ran up to be in the pic. Afterwords I gave him a thumbs up, he did the same and gave me a cute little smile.
    all the houses from our veiw of the road
    cool house. One of the nicer shacks and more colorful. Most of them are made of just planks of wood, and the metal material on this roof. There was a town we drove by that was one of the few cities that survived the hurricane a few years back. We should be sooo lucky and appreciate what we have.
    The road we went down. and some houses in the distance.
    Here is Ricks Cafe. It seems Jamaica puts more money into places for Tourists then they put for their own. Really nice place. It is surreal being in such nice places, and then you step outside and it is extreme poverty. Do you see the Ghost?
    The edge of the cliff right next to Rick's where the Local boys jump off!
    same pulled back, but see that rope? the tourists would swing on that to jump in the water, smaller cliff.
    same, but see that distance, it gets higher closer to the cafe where you can do the bigger jump.
    right across from me,local boys.
    the higher jump! you can see a guy in mid air right next to the first sign across from me. haha! looked really fun, if only I had my bathingsuit. there were a few belly and ass flops here and there, haah! beautiful water, ah! so nice.
    Tourists below me, ahah funny picture, don't know what I was thinking.
    Locals. I like the guy pointing, it's like he's telling his younger brother to jump, or else, haha.
    Kids asking money if they jump, one dollar two dollars. I thought they were saying one second ok 'peace sign' now take the picture, haha. Dumb tourist.
    chillin. The sign says Regga Super Star JOSIE WALES.

hope you enjoyed the pics. It was a bit of an eye opener. You see places like this on TV where kids are starveing and poor but it is completely different when it is in person. I didn't get to mingle with the locals all that much, only a few. We stayed in a super super nice all inclusive resort, where they babied you to all hell. it was nice, but felt really weird because you knew that people outside were staying in shacks, literally. Though I got to say at least they get to hang out on beautiful oceans and jump off cliffs all day, haha! Ya Man! No Problem. It was a fun time.
    Last edited by poise; December 13th, 2006 at 02:16 PM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Where'd you stay Tiff? I went down to Jamaica a few years back and satyed with a local rasta friend of one of my high school teachers, no shit... we stayed in a shack with nothing else but a bed and a freezer full of fish. It was right outside of Negril on the west coast, just beautiful dude.

Thanks
    Ah sweet! Jealous.

Thanks
    Cody it was called Couples Swept Away resort. and it too was in Negril. haha! how was it staying in a shack? I sorta want to see how the locals live. I am curious and right now I'm makeing assumptions on appearance, but they seem like really happy cool people, so maybe it's not as bad as I think, but it sure looks bad. oy!
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    I knew it had to be Negril... I totally recognized this vista as something in or around Negril, maybe in a town called Red Ground (where I stayed)?

It was cool chilling in the shack, of course not participating in smoking the 30+ spliffs a day Robert the Rasta smoked (HA!), swimming in the ocean near fish beach, etc etc. I actually found the people in the extremely poor town we stayed at 100 times less hostile than the tourist hunters in the main cities. Sometimes it could be a task just walking into towns. As an foreigner we're easy targets, we come to spend money after all and locals know it lol. We had locals with us all the time so people knew we were cool, but you definitely don't want to be roaming far from the cities all by yourselves.

Couples Swept Away! Awwwwwwww yeah Stella got her groove back, huh? You sure you didn't stay at Hedonism II, land of the constant nudity and sensual boat rides? You struck me as the sensual boat ride kind of girl.

Thanks
    Great photos, Tiffer. Looks like it was alot of fun!
    See you soon!

-L
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Wow...How cooool! I am totally jealous too!

You turned down the mind altering drugs? Well, Looks like you had a great time regardless. Next time take me!!

Can't wait fer ya to come back to the Bay Area, my friend!
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." -Barry LePatner

CRMacTernan Website

*ShineyNEW*SketchBook

*OldAss*SketchBook

Thanks

Red face

Glad you had a fun and safe trip Tiff, I just got back from Trinidad last night.
    great pics........did you drink any "high wine", or "Ray and nephew"? that stuff is serious

Thanks
    Cody, no I didn't stay at Hedosim II, I stayed in Hedoism III. haha! just joking but we did drive by Hedoism III. And no I'm not that type, I don't want 40 year old saggy balled men hitting on me , haha!
    Anyway perverto man, haha! Sounded like you had a lot of fun too. And yeah it seemed like the people weren't very hostile, I had a very pleasant time. Show some pics on here if you have any from your trip 2 yrs ago.
    Loren, I wil be seeing you soon, big boy get readdy gor a noogie on your mo hawk.
    Christine, Yeah chick! no mind altering drugs for me. I will see you soon, and be calling you so keep your phone ready.
    Hey Steve, AH! Trinidad, was it a good time? No I didn't drink any High wine, or Ray, what are they? You too, if you have any cool pics from Trinidad, show them.
    I will make this thread about showing interesting pics from far away places.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    florida!
    yes, i AM the idiot making the face

pics = mine :]...except the ones of me of course

Thanks
    Sweet photos Poise and Asoir.

I wont post my Chile photos, (wink wink) but I'll post my little website I made to show some of them.
    http://www.cartoonfox.com/Chile/

I found out a week ago that I'm going back to Chile Christmas 2007! This time to do a huge road trip North to South! Can't wait!

Peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Here are some shots of my trip to Bali:
    (i have about 500, but here are some i really like)

Where we stayed:

Typical landscape:

Balinese bride:

Priest makes offering:

Bathhouse at the same temple:

Kids during music class at school:

Random building:

Illegal cock-fight:

Prepping the cock:

Ja-gog dancer:

This temple was bad ass. Serpentine stairs that went UNDER a tree, and ended at a waterfall temple.
    Unfortunately, it was so dark down there i could get a good shot of the temple itself.
    (thats my wife):
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Tiff--Sweet pics! We just got back from the Dominican Republic this weekend, but the trip was so short we didn't do much adventuring. I'm not sure pics of my son on the beach will really excite you much.

Dan-- I know you've talked about Bali a ton, but those pics are crazy. I'm sure that was a hell of an inspiration for you visually!

Thanks
    That "typical landscape" is stunning...wow, I want to goto Bali o_o

Thanks
    Here are some photos of my adventures in Japan, when I went for student exchange.

This is Himeji castle. Probably the most famous castle in Japan. And it's huge, I almost dropped my camera out of a window. The small holes below the windows... apparently they were used to pour boiling hot water on soldiers trying to climb the walls during wartimes. And the whole thing is constructed almost like a maze, to confuse enemies, as well.

This is a piece of art I suppose, outside of the Hiroshima Peace Memorial. It's a recreation of a building after the bomb. There was a photo inside the memorial of ground zero, as far as the eye could see, no buildings, everything was entirely destroyed. it was a real eye opener.

This was the girl I stayed with, Yui. Doing the traditional Japanese archery (Kyudo). She was like a celebrity in her school because she was incredible!! We also got to do Kendo (fencing) in the school dojo. Some of my pals from my Ninjutsu class were with me on the trip, so it was fun that we all got to throw down in the dojo and get some practice in!

Entrance to a temple. It was so hot that day, and for some reason at lunch I ate the spiciest Ramen in the world, bad move.

This is the small Island of Niyojima. You're not allowed to die on the island! If you become fatally ill they send you off to this community on one of the main islands. And if somehow you do die on the island, they never talk about it. I found a cave here, just below where the picture was taken, I went inside and there was this weird noise. I opened my cell hpone to light the area up, it was COMPLETELY covered with cockroahces, the ceiling, floor, walls. And with my phobia of bugs I think I almost passed out.

I also bought a sword here

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Awesome pictures! Cartoonfox those lanscapes look insane, especially the dunes.
    Dan I remember you showing me these. I would love to visit Bali some days, really great pictures of the people and their customes. You should print some of those and hang them on your wall.
    Asoir Florida ey! never been. maybe I will head out some day.
    Loren. Japan? Oh yeah you were an exchange student, and thats where you discover japanese people poop on bagels, haha! nice pics dude. My man really wants to visit Japan, but I want to go to europe first.
    all these pics make me want to go on vacation again, haha!
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Damn, I want to go to Bali... beautiful photos by the way Dan.

Thanks
    Exchange student in Japan? Lucky bastard!

Thanks
    Bah! Interceptor beat me to it. Here's a couple more from Japan, afew years back.

Land of the Rising sun. about 5:30 am overlooking tokyo from hotel window:

Ramen! RAAAMEEEN!

Senso-Ji, Asakusa, Tokyo

すてきのときょう。 さくら。

Kyoto

Eeriness... near ginkakuji, Kyoto:

Himeji... yes, it deserves another picture:

AND here's a few from Tuscano, Italia

Firenze:

The road from Hell:

San Gimignano:

Thanks
    Furthest I've been from home was Alaska. I have a few snapshots around somewhere but nothing particularly interesting. I'd love to go back.

Nice Bali pics. Love the funky tuning systems of their music. Statues are fun to look at as well.

Thanks
    does m78 count?
    we got invaded by monsters then some ultramen came and saved us.
    Last edited by ah.heng; January 10th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks

Red face

so many great pics, Bali, Japan, Florence, Jamaica.......so refreshing.

the first few being from Italy: Cinque Terre, Florence, and Venice

The next set from Trinidad, the really southern part of the island, i was down there for a wedding last weekend, the bride is good family friend.
    Last edited by SBACHAN; December 15th, 2006 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks
    A few of my pics from Saint Petersburg and it's surroundings! My photos don't do these places any justice, it's just amazing how much they have finally gotten fixed. Although there is still much to do, of course.

The Winter Palace
    Show your Pics from far away places.Show your Pics from far away places.

Catherine's Palace (in Pushkin)

Peterhof (the place is full of fountains... but the most memorable ones are the fountains you can't see. )

And a huge Lenin statue!

Well, far away or not so far away... It's far away for some people.

Thanks
    Great thread and great pics, Poise! Glad you had a blast! I need a vacation too

Dan, I am gonna come to your house and feed you and your cute little wifey some ICE CREAM AND COOKIES AND BUTTER! Beautiful photos, btw!

SBachan, lovely pics! I love the hands one!

ah.heng, hilarious pics! Looks like it was way too much fun of a show!

Chingwa and Interceptor, you lucky bastards! Those places look awesome!

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Ah! man I want to go to Italy so bad, those pics are awesome!
    Saint Petersburg looks cool too, that gate is insane, and so are those water falls ( I mean fountains, haha).
    Chingwa, the cherry blossoms I bet were pretty beautiful to see in person. Some time I will have to make my way to Japan.
    Ursula get your booty on a trip. because I want to see pics.
    No seriously though I have been thinking, I'm not getting any younger so while I have some energy, and before I get fat and lazy I should explore what our awesome planet has to offer. Of course things cost money, sooo... yeah who cares! haha (easier said then done, yeah.)
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    This is the farthest I traveled, Cuba. It's not that far from Canada but I intend to travel a lot more =)

And Bali looks amazing

My Internal Organs ... my "sketchbook"
    To visit my portfolio, http://www.simonrainville.com
    my best friend

Thanks
    Went to Hawaii over last summer, so here's some of my best pics, scanned in...

Thanks
    Simon, this is such an awesome and strange photo! Any story behind this little hairless guy?

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    OMG! It's the Dover Demon!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    Here are some photos of my adventures in Japan, when I went for student exchange.

This is Himeji castle. Probably the most famous castle in Japan. And it's huge, I almost dropped my camera out of a window. The small holes below the windows... apparently they were used to pour boiling hot water on soldiers trying to climb the walls during wartimes. And the whole thing is constructed almost like a maze, to confuse enemies, as well.

This is a piece of art I suppose, outside of the Hiroshima Peace Memorial. It's a recreation of a building after the bomb. There was a photo inside the memorial of ground zero, as far as the eye could see, no buildings, everything was entirely destroyed. it was a real eye opener.

This is the small Island of Niyojima. You're not allowed to die on the island! If you become fatally ill they send you off to this community on one of the main islands. And if somehow you do die on the island, they never talk about it. I found a cave here, just below where the picture was taken, I went inside and there was this weird noise. I opened my cell hpone to light the area up, it was COMPLETELY covered with cockroahces, the ceiling, floor, walls. And with my phobia of bugs I think I almost passed out.

I also bought a sword here

The atomic dome isn't a recreation, it is the only remaining building showing what the bomb did. They've preserved the as part of the peace park exhibit. The building was only a few years old when the bomb was dropped. Last correction, it's called Miyajima Island not Niyajima. Did you go to the Kintai Bridge at all while you were there? I should upload some of my photos from S. Japan.
    Last edited by Undertow; December 28th, 2006 at 04:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast