Thanks

Hi! I'm new..so do tell........

.....me what you like to paint/draw? What's your favorite subject/medium?

Myself...I paint on old furntiure. Art Deco, Art Nouveau (but not alot of froo froo stuff), some Native American cave art designs, etc.
    I used to use oils..but now I'm in to acrylics and crackling. Anything ethnic, I adore.

A lady came into my shop (I own an antique store) and she asked me "do you buy lace and doillies?" and I replied in a shocked voice "what? Do I look like I own a friggin' poodle?" )

My shop is fondly called "the wildly ethnic store" by the locals.

Tell me about yourselves.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello?

Tapping on screen

Thanks
    take a look around. a picture is worth a thousand words n all that....

Thanks
    Looking isn't the same as speaking one on one...or one on 63.

LOUNGE (63 Viewing)

Thanks

Cow

Honestly? It changes a lot. I had my CG phase, my marker phase, my pencil crayon phase. At the moment I'm gett'n jiggy with watercolours, and I've been tattooing people - it's a bloody hard medium. When in your artistic life do you have to consider the well-being of your canvas, that it will feel pain and possibly scar if you screw up? Anyway...

Subject matter. Well, I'm a huge fan of skulls and skeletons. I've got a humble collection going... atm my prize is a life-sized copper casting of a human skull. Erm... I'm also interested in post-apocalyptic themes. Anddddd I like siamese twin amputees with anipomorphic features.

So there.

As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    hi, my name is Blahm. And i enjoy painting with the blood of virgins.

Thanks
    Hi Bunny. Thanks for replying.

Well...blahm..Im safe. LOL

Thanks
    I paint with mensturation blood.

But I'm not a girl.

Thanks
    If y'all are trying to gross me out...try harder. Ain't workin'.

Thanks
    Have you ever seen tubgirl?

Yeah...
    That was me doing my thesis piece.
    As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    Whats a tubgirl?

Thanks
    google it

Thanks
    Well..congrats. You did manage to gross out the newbie.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Oh, be nice, people... Tubgirl? You passed Tubgirl to an innocent? Shame upon you...

Hi. I paint. I print. I decorate. I construct. I assemble. Everything. Anything. Whatever feels like doing...

I (ahem) also embroider, sew, quilt (seminole), collage, bookbind, design clothing, take pitchurs, make beaded necklaces, make painted furniture and jewelry cases, and pretend I'm not getting old and smelly.

What's your excuse? 8)
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Tubgirl is nasty! Nightmares for life! I saw that a couple years ago... and thought I forgot about it.... now it is burned forever again into my brain.
    ...bastard.

Hi... I'm obsessed with creating, whatever it is.
    Mostly felines.
    I'm a student at the Art Institute in Minnesota. LOVE IT!

"Well freeze my piss if the royal finger isn't beckoning me. How exciting."

"I am nature. you are art. Let us see how we compare."

Thanks
    Actually...I have been on the hunt for an art disussion board and lurked at this one for a day or so..and it looked "normal". So, I thought introducing myself, asking the regular members a bit about themselves, etc, would get a thread going so I could get to know the people here. Instead, the admin tells me to "look around" instead of being bothered that a newbie from the vast internet that choise his dinky little place to join.

I am not into kinky art, ie killing puppies and calling it "art" or "wallowing in shit" and calling it "art" or "gawdawful scribblings" and some idiot calls it "art". I wanted place with "normal" but "eccentric" artists. Maybe its my age. Maybe y'all just wanted college age or young adults. I have no clue, nor am interested anymore.

Soon as I figure out how to delete my membership, I'll do it. If I can't, I won't bother to return. Too many boards out there are a tad more welcoming to bother with this place.

Have a great day studying filth and grossing out the new neighbor that tried to move in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    BrenArt - you'll get a much different reception if you introduce yourself via your art. This lounge area isn't the best way to get to know people here. Try starting a sketchbook or posting some work for critique. After all, this place is primarily a serious place of study, wacky subject matter nonwithstanding.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    LOL @ the tubgirling. It's like an initation.
    ESPECIALLY in the IRC.

This is a friendly and helpful site, but not everyone is prepared to write out what they do and why etc.
    Just go around the site, comment, post art and enjoy it all

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrenArt
    Actually...I have been on the hunt for an art disussion board and lurked at this one for a day or so..and it looked "normal". So, I thought introducing myself, asking the regular members a bit about themselves, etc, would get a thread going so I could get to know the people here. Instead, the admin tells me to "look around" instead of being bothered that a newbie from the vast internet that choise his dinky little place to join.

I am not into kinky art, ie killing puppies and calling it "art" or "wallowing in shit" and calling it "art" or "gawdawful scribblings" and some idiot calls it "art". I wanted place with "normal" but "eccentric" artists. Maybe its my age. Maybe y'all just wanted college age or young adults. I have no clue, nor am interested anymore.

Soon as I figure out how to delete my membership, I'll do it. If I can't, I won't bother to return. Too many boards out there are a tad more welcoming to bother with this place.

Have a great day studying filth and grossing out the new neighbor that tried to move in.
    Really, it's much simpler to just not post here anymore, rather then going into detail on how you plan on not posting here anymore.

Otherwise, you could roam around in lurk mode for a while and get a sense of what goes on in ConceptArt.org. It wouldn't take long to figure out what everyone here is into. And I bet in the end you'd enjoy your experiences here much more
    Grave Sight Graphics: The Art of Eric Lofgren.
    elofgren@ telus.net (to use e-mail address please remove space between the '@' and 'telus')

My Art Blog
    My Online Portfolio (Updated Jan. 30/ 2011)
    ~NiNjA~^~mOuNtAiN~^~PoDcAsT~(Working illustrators talking illustration)
    Eric Lofgren's licensible rpg art resource
    Art Director for New Gods of Raanon

Thanks
    Welcome to the real world of art. Where sanity is not one of the requirements.

This was my fist online community, and, after visiting so many others, I can safely say, the best. One of the few places to learn side by side with professionals and novices alike.

Useless info:

On the back of my first car (going on six years now) is a sticker I found at a gas station that says "Normal people worry me." That is my motto in life. I hate "normal." It's simply a word that people use who don't understand folks like us. We who don't follow the "norm" of society, getting a desk job, popping out five kids, working nine to five. You have fun with your "normal" people, and I'll have fun with my interesting ones.

Thanks
    If you can get past of all the sarcasm and smartassery around here, you'll learn to love everyone.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Ohh. Shit. What it me? I'm sorry, seriously.

I come from generation "watching people getting beheaded on youtube" so, there ya go.

And I'm not sure where you got that weird "kinky" art stuff from, I only seen ONE truly kinky thread there. Unless you think comic boom boobs are kinky? I dunno.

Anyway. Sorry 'bout that.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.