Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Girl - WIP (nudity)

Thanks

Anime Girl - WIP (nudity)

Hi guys.
    I'm trying to improve some points on my semi-realistic manga style. People already gave me a lot of good crits on last works and I'm adding these things here.
    The main point here is: I want to draw manga style chars with more believable volumes, shading, etc, BUT without losing their manga characteristcs. Some people said to me this is not possible, but i really don't agree, and keep drawing.
    Any comments crits os tips are appreciated, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    And here is some face sketches I was doing last weekend. Not related to my WIP, but comments on them are useful too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by not rly jramauri
    crits and tits are appreciated, thanks.
    new thread w00t
    and this time you are in for the panties ^^ (definitly manga)

I agree with your point to move the manga genre to look more realistic without loseing its characteristics

outlineing and cell shadeing for example are one of the most appearent characteristics of "every manga" but look at "blade of the immortal" and think twice selfasure otakus! cause it has a lot of subtle pencil shadows
    outlineing on the other hand is only very important if your colour work is too simple to build volumes on its own
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    while most manga chars are drawn to look european yours look a lot more asian, which I like
    I think this should depend on the story and single chars
    colourful hair is cool going crazy with the haircuts is importent when it comes to manga imo

but what RLY makes a comic a manga isn't the panties, big eyes, japanese reading direction but the way the panels are aranged, speedlines are used and exegeration in some places are normal (for short)

more on this later…

(I'm quite a manga fan did you notice?)
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    I think you are at the limit of manga style. Try to not goin more realistic keep this tehcnique as your style.

Good job but personally I think the subject is bad taste because of the AGE AND the NUDITY, maybe it's me who exagerate.... anyways

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by not rly jramauri
    crits and tits are appreciated, thanks.
    Huahahaha, great!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinit
    (I'm quite a manga fan did you notice?)
    Oh, really?

Yeah, man, this time i'm here for the panties. But more than this, I'm here to make my style better. I'm a long time manga and anime fan (more than 10 years), I started drawing big eyed chars, but some years ago I was presented for some artists like Ryoichi Ikegami, Masakasu Katsura, Shinkirou, Takehiko Inoue, and since then I felt tempted to push manga for realism. It's my main point here.

About what rly makes manga style... I agree with you, if we are talking about pages. But and what about illustrations? What i think that really make manga style are the angulous, fast and not detailed lines. You see, in cartoon or realistic style, lines are rounded, some times over detailed, worked in a way that things match better with their real form. In manga, lines are usually simplified, besides they retain the whole shape of the thing depicted. And are made fast, because usually the guys have to make 15-20 manga pages for week...

Leting this stuff aside, there goes one more up. I fixed some mistakes, and detailed some parts, like her panties. Hope you like it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guerrierhardcore

Good job but personally I think the subject is bad taste because of the AGE AND the NUDITY, maybe it's me who exagerate.... anyways
    ya to me it seems like its a 13 year old or something and that seems the be because all manga/ anime to me looks like little kids

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guerrierhardcore
    Well, that WASN'T what I had in mind. The reference pics I'm using are all of 18 girls or older... And I wanted that she looks young, but not so much! I agree with charger, this kind of faces make everybody look like kids... I believe it's one more point to take in consideration on next jobs.
    About the nudity, well, I wrote about it on the title of my topic, so anybody who don't want to see, will stay away from here.
    Thanks for your comments, guys.

Thanks
    erm...like it very much...i think there are sumthin wrong wif the lighting composition...it looks flat...

Thanks
    I like it a lot too. The skin tones look good too. Only the lower arms seem a bit too orange, but it could be just my monitor. Nice work.

Mikko

Thanks
    i like it, but to make it real anime style, you have tu add some highlights! her hair really needs some light.
    cameltoe looks good!

Thanks
    Her nipples look kind of like pepperonis or something. Like they are seperate from her body. The raised edge does that I think.

Thanks

:)

well..nice done..its hard to draw a woman....can u give me tips..so i can draw woman face more easy?....---can u add some hairy pusy or hairy armpit to ? heheheh--more natrural to me--

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast