Sketchbook: sketches
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sketches

welcome. please feel free to leave any comments/critique.

Attached Images Attached Images                          
    Last edited by kawakaze; February 7th, 2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start sir !!
    very expressive pics.
    But don't forget the basics. Do some life drawing or refed work from time to time.
    Looking forward to seeing some more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff man. I would like to see more. It is very styalized. That is not a bad thing, but don't forget the basics of anatomy and perspective. Once you know the rules, when you break them, you break them the right way. I think this style is going to develope into something very dynamic to look at. keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks. life drawing is not my strength, i took some classes on it recently but i dont have the skethbook anymore=/ i guess i will have to go back=D i really need to work on the anatomy as u said, with the proper understanding of the forms i can learn to break them in the right ways instead of having retardedly large forarms in strange perspectives.. thanks for the comments i will update again soon. i should have some real life drawings within the week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You seem to have a wide variety of styles. That's good, it appears that your open minded. The above drawings are mostly kickass...however a few of them iare kindof playing games with my eyes and I can't quite make it out what i'm seeing very clearly. The one that is under the dragon and both dragons. I'm not sure how to explain what I mean. They appear to be highly detailed and taken time...but there is so much fine detail over the entire image that it is almost difficult to look at. Is that last image a word? I have no idea what it says! However, it does look tight.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks good, keep working that figuredrawing. You seem to draw some of your stuff in a kind of style, that reminds me mostly of grafitti. I especially like the style of the 5th and 7th picture from the bottom. If the second last picture is supposed to be anatomical correct, you might want to look up the torso.

BumsUnite is offline Party Crasher For Hire Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok that figure drawing fourth down looks really good. You did a good job of drawing the model's body to very close to how she actually looks like. I think that if your trying to do less stylized drawings, your heading in the right direction. Your style is sick, but sometimes it can drown out the characteristics that make whatever the subject is unique. I think you found a safe middle ground between realism and your own twist on things - for now! Keep pushing yourself and challenging yourself to draw in ways that you dont normally draw (like standing on your head with your pencil in your teeth).

Im gonna go ahead and try and join that sketchgroup now, ive started a sketchpad, and posted some of my sketches. God it took way too long to do but its finally somewhat together.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...51#post1209551
    Check it out, and let me know what you think! Its mostly my bootcamp stuff im going to post up my more recent drawings of the marine biology and figure drawing lata.
    PEACE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The 4th one doesn't look quite right to me but I can't put my finger on why.

The car is cool but I'm thinking the tires would be a darker shade...unless it has white tires? I also think you could've pushed the contrast harder on this one.

That last one is my favorite.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your cars a pretty fantastic, and you've got nice figure studies going.
    BTW, I too love that last one. Im using it as my desktop bg.... The colors are wondeful

If you aren't your harshest critic you're doing it wrong
    The Moleskine Mural Project--->http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=140345

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your thick line use and sketchwork. I love how you sraw cars as well~ Very stylized! I would love to see some of your more finnished works.

I like the graphic feel the last piece has, like your linework your colors are very bold.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the car sketches! Very funny! Some good figure drawings as well! Keep going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your life drawing does seem to be improving and that's great, as for being stuck in a style I wouldn't necessarily say thats a bad thing just as long as you keep an open mind and allow yourself to venture off in different directions. Keep up the good work I look forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff man! Interesting style and linework at the beginning. Those car designs really look mean ... im glad you loosen up a little with figure studies and all!
    Keep posting!

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good my friend. You know I like the Graf. The octopus graphic is sick. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, that shit is tight

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa really fun stuff... im lovin those cars. itd be nice to see some more of those, add some color u could really get a powerful piece goin with the movement u are already expressing. same with the figures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great car design !

good day everyone ! enjoy your life

sean's sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd hit that....I'd tear that shit up. I'm not sure if you were intending on this but her face looks somewhat scary. I'd put a bag over her head b4 I dove in. At first I didn't notice but after a little bit I realized that her forearm area looks a little strange...nice quickie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is hot. I like the body you gave her. But theres a couple things i see that might be wrong about her anatomy. She doesnt seem like she has a neck... if you pushed the right shoulder (our right) down a bit, that might give her more of a neck line.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The muscle study is the bomb!!!!

everythin else is the bomb! Keep up the good work!

Drawing Since 29/11/06
    Undergoing Massive Practice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey very impressive start to a SB. I noticed that some of your women the head tends to be too small. I'm impressed that you can switch modes and do life drawings with pretty accurate proportions when your drawings from the mind features really cool warped representations! Nice work with the cars, I'm biased 'cause I love cars. I think your have a nicely balanced portfolio so far. A good mix of life and imagination, looking forward to more!

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man good shit dude. Keep at it. Ill continue to try and add my 2 cents... if you dont mind.

I think that you really have a keen eye and focus on those big curves. That part, you have down pat. I really like the way you get those breasts in there. Probably because im such a huge fan of breasts. I can see your really trying hard to get out of the habit of engraving the page with the pencil. Its remarkable how much you have improved in that since last march.

I guess you know it already, as you said, you have problems with drawing women's faces so i wont pick on you too much, but - do you have problems with drawing men's faces? Perhaps draw a mans face and then modify it to be more feminine. Thats just one thing that came to mind (dont know if it will actually work for you but i figured its worth a shot). I guess what i mean is, if you can draw a face you can draw a face. Just get the general stuff in then work it from there. "The 'average' male face differs from the 'average' female face by having a more protuberant nose/brow and more prominent chin/jaw" Entrez pubmed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=8474840

In this particular sketch of a female the head might be a tiny bit too small ...but what throws it off is that the features of her face are too small, too low, and pushed too far to the left. Also her mouth shouldnt be so close to her nose.

Im sure you know this, but im gonna say it anyway... Eyes are at the midpoint of the head. halfway between eyes and chin is nose, half way between the nose and the chin are the lips.
    Dont forget your teaching me proportions! haha just yankin your chain a little. I can see she has a slight downward tilt of the head, so that she is an more provocative pose. I think you had a good start with the dome, and chin, but went a little overboard in exadgerating that angle with her face.

I really hope that helps. Get at me if you think im wrong about anything.

Last edited by BumsUnite; February 14th, 2007 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea the head

Last edited by styler; February 15th, 2007 at 01:00 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    love the graffiti flavour, reminds me to train on that as well

anyway it's always good to see studies on anatomy, if anything as a constant reminder, but foremost that it shows that you strife - so let em rip and I'll return later.

the initial cars are really good btw.

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You definitly have a general understanding of the female body, but i agree with you, that you might want to specify the feminine details of them. The first ladys right arm seems a little bit too thick, while the left arm of the second lady might be going too thick out of her shoulder. The speeds defintly give you good insight of what you want to practice. Good job..!

btw, the dromedary looks so cool

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just great, i'm trying to find some reallife drawing sessions in my area too, seeing your progress.

It might just be, that the posing women are quite muscular, but i see a few quite pronounced muscle groups. The upper part of the arms, the triceps of the third and fifth picture, the breast-to-shoulder muscle on the sixth. Good job getting the details right on the fourth picture. I like the composition of the last one. The lifedrawings are improving, keep up the good work! You inspire me to draw more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just great, i'm trying to find some reallife drawing sessions in my area too, seeing your progress.

It might just be, that the posing women are quite muscular, but i see a few quite pronounced muscle groups. The upper part of the arms, the triceps of the third and fifth picture, the breast-to-shoulder muscle on the sixth. Good job getting the details right on the fourth picture. I like the composition of the last one. The lifedrawings are improving, keep up the good work! You inspire me to draw more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her neck appears big on the right side. Not sure if that is right but it doesn't seem right to me. Her jaw line also appears to be too large...making her look more manly. The shading on the lower left leg is difficult for me to read. It could just be me but it seemed awkward.

Some of the figure studies seem grayish...probably the scanner...but there is not much line weight variation on those. You fixed those problems on the other ones. I like the ink ones alot and that digitally painted picture. I like how it is really dark and only his form can be seen. It is interesting...lots of energy and him being all dark makes it mysterious...possibly more interesting than if he could actually be seen fully.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for visiting my sketchbook
    wow, great works here. i like your cars and that camel! yay, awesome!
    kisses!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are awesome. Nice update. I like the variation in your sketchbook.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.