Art: Hall of light: feedback plz

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hall of light: feedback plz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hall of light: feedback plz

IMAGE REMOVED - if your interested in seeing it then just drop me an e-mail.

Any feedback plz. The animation of this may be available for download in the next week or two, so drop me a line if your interested in watching it.

Alternatively you can see some of my other stuff on here.
    Homepage
    Thx, Gav.

Last edited by Gavman; June 27th, 2003 at 08:10 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those shots looking down the hallway look great. I'd like to see some larger renders to get a better view of the detail you put in to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Big renders

Here's a couple of bigger pics.

IMAGES REMOVED - if your interested in seeing it then just drop me an e-mail.
    Sorry about the image removal, I need to use my server space at the moment

I'm having problems with Maya still, but I've found Max a real Joy to design with, it probably shows...hehe, I hope you all like it anyway.

Last edited by Gavman; May 24th, 2006 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Gavman

This isn't too bad of a start.

I must say though, try not to use procedual textures, and cut down on the bump mapping. Also think of your texture resolution, keep it high enouph for the look your looking for and keep it consistant through out the scene.

Think of weight. Some of your objects look a little thin. By giving extra thickness, in reasonable places, you will get a stronger overall scene.

The water need a lot of work. It stand out from the environment color wise too much, but the bump mapping looks too much like everything else. Really take the time to analyze how water looks and it will really help you.

If the poly count is low enough it could be a start towards games, but for a cutscene it needs more work. Something that also might help, would be to roughen the place up. Add cracks in the geometry, ware down the steps a bit, make it look used. Some more contrast lighting will also add more feeling.

I like that your trying to keep to a color theme, but you could blend the colors a bit more. Again, it's a good start and with a little work you could really pull something off. Of course everything depends what your really trying to create.

Max has everything you need. Like I tell my Juniors, step away from the scene for a couple days and come back to it and you'll see what you need to do. Tunnel vision is the worse thing.

Sorry for typing so much, kinda babbled on....

Neble

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, thx neble,
    I can't add much detail cause my PC isn't very powerful, but if I could then I would add cracks n stuff. What did u have in mind with the water, I don't really like the water myself really, but I did want someting still, not waves or anythin...hehe, thx anyway.
    Gav.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

another hint

You could think of stail old water, a darkish green with not a lot of transparengy. Have a second layer of polys just above the water with alphas and alga layers. Add reflection only to the clean water areas. Really, you'll have to research for a look that suits your need.

If all else fails, remove the water and have empty, scummy pools.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.