Thanks

Icon Legal Stuff (credit/linking question?)

I dont Truly know if this thread goes here but what beast place than here, well look i have a page is not for concept art or anything is for a roleplaying game played on MSN but i found here some arts here that can help me with the description of some of the factions and terrains of the game, but i dont want to steal anything from anyone so i would like to know how could i do withouth thanking everyone for every picture on my web page (the list would ocupy most of the page) so i would like to know how to put in my web page to refer to the great artist of this amazing Forum, i was thinking something like:

These an that picture were taken from the conceptart forum and the URL of this Forum.

Why do i ask, easy because i know how bad it feels someone else take credit for your job so if someone would give me some advice it would be great.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    first off no this isn't the right place to put this.

second...before you use any art at all from this website you need to ask every single artist, who's work you want to use, for permission, THEN you can start worrying about thanking them afterwards.

if you've already used art without permission you'll have to take it off your website....

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
    first off no this isn't the right place to put this.

second...before you use any art at all from this website you need to ask every single artist, who's work you want to use, for permission, THEN you can start worrying about thanking them afterwards.

if you've already used art without permission you'll have to take it off your website....
    To the first Point, as i said i didnt know where to put this threat im sorry.

To the second point, maybe i didnt explain myself very good i dont write to good in English, i was triying to ask permision to everyone, and no i haven put any picture of none of this great artist on my Web page if you think im not saying the truth here is the web page Web Page im trying to ask permision from all at the same time if i cant then i will look for everyone or simply desist from this idea

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    I've moved this and edited the title so hopefully you'll get the answers you need, although honestly I'm still a little confused as to exactly what you are asking.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Osiris -

You need to ask permission of each artist individually, and you need to ask their permission before you use any of their art.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.