Sketchbook: Recent Sketchbook Entries

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Recent Sketchbook Entries

Let me introduce myself -- i live in Montreal, Canada and i started drawing about six months ago. I study independaltly (except for the trusty anatomy book and drawings of the old masters of course). Ultimately i wish to be able to sculpt so i draw to first figure out human form, expression etc.

There are the sketches from the past week; mostly of the head because its what i've been studying recently. Theyre all done from imagination except for two done from models. All comments, critiques and suggestions are welcome...

also sorry about the image quality, i dont have a scanner so a camera will have to do. also for those interested i'm using conte sanguine sticks

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by flip.M; December 10th, 2006 at 12:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to be the first to welcome you to CA, glad to have particiapting on this great site. Just browse around in other people sketchbooks and reply with feedback and advice if need be.

Your off to a great start. those head studies are great. your really getting the underlying structure down. One thing I would say is, your eyes are a bit large on most of your models, especially the last few. If you look in my sb, that was a problem I was having when drawing heads from my imagination. Great values, I can see your getting the the core shadow, cast shadow, and a bit of the reflect light. Keep em coming, remember to mix it up with those anatomy studies. Keep it coming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! you certainly have some good studies here, althought I would have to agree with Darktwin about the eyes. keep posting.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.