Serhat Sonmez
    www.serhatsonmez.com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, first things first:
    you've posted this in the wrong forum. take a few moments to look at the level of quality in the other posts here in the "finally finished" section, read the stickies, etc.
    yes, i know what you're about to say "well, im finished with it, so it goes in the finally finished section no matter WHAT my skill level is" blah blah we've heard it a million times before.
    here's the deal: your piece isn't terrible, it has a lot of potential. but it needs a LOT of work, anatomy, composition, rendering, lighting, etc.
    so dont be offended if this thread gets moved to the sketches and works in progress or the critique center.
    good luck. keep drawing and never give up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments, except your sarcastic words, it is not acceptible stlyle for me, i am not gonna go for polemic , i hate it but..
    I want to tell you something, this words caming from your mind '' i know what you're about to say "well, im finished with it, so it goes in the finally finished section no matter WHAT my skill level is" blah blah we've heard it a million times before''I am not sarcastic, thats is not my way to think about.. If you are Moderator, thats is not the way as a professional person to f.ck them up with scornful words..
    Cheers.
    Hatson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hatson you need to thicken your skin. Complete2 was just letting you know how the boards work. This is a community for helping each other improve, if you canít take advice or a crit that isnít presented with kid gloves and a gentle pat on the ass then you arenít going to learn much here.

Now the anatomy of your figure is very broken. This being the critique center Iím going to do you the favor of a quick paintover to show you how it could be improved. If you canít handle that with out getting defensive and pissy I suggest you refrain from posting your work in a public forum.

Iíve painted the bones in red and flesh in black. This is a rather bizarre pose from which to be firing an arrow but I think youíre main trouble is perpecting the torso. Notice that leaned over this far we look at her ribcage almost from below. This means her breasts stack almost vertically even with her shoulders rotated to be as level as anatomically possible. Next notice how the ribcage sits behind the hip bones and the skull sits behind that. These overlapping forms are important for describing the figure in depth.

Iím glad to see you have some idea of how the forms of the legs flow together. However you have overemphasized the curve of the calves and inflated them quite beyond belief. Also note that even from a perspective mostly turned towards us the ass is a form distinct from the thigh. Greater foreshortening of the arms again increases the depth that the figure occupies.

A few other notes. Grass in the distance is a different color than grass in the foreground. Ground textures more rendered than the figure take focus away from the figure. A tree branch tangent to the top edge of the picture and dipping in and out of frame is distracting and again takes focus from the figure. Grass in nature isnít carpet and doesnít have a hard edge. Her cast shadow should stretch away from the sun , and her figure should be rather rim lit by the sun.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Subtle Squid, i appreciated for your criticism with drawing, this is what i expect from here, not being some ones fun. Ofcourse i am not a professional, i keep forwarding go with criticisms, I am gonna keep your suggestions about my artwork, it is useful...
    Thank you again...
    Hatson..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like the dusty ground. you should use more references. then your trees and the gras would look more natural

If your Religion doesn't change your life, you better change your Religion...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy What kind of community is this???

Well, i have to disagree with you subtle_squid, complete2 was not "just telling him how things work on this board", he did so in a very un-apropiate way, crits and advices can be given without the necesity of beign rude, links to the faq can be given withouth much problem either, people just need to learn certain rules "of etiquette" to live well in a helpfull and *good* community, in wich beign respectful and polite are an important part, otherwise you are just contributing to build an unrespectful, intolerant and *bad* community.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that post was the most polite post i think i've ever made.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    can this thread possibly be about the art at hand and not a critique of complete2's etiquette?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.