Thanks

the most annoying..

man i just gotta vent. nothing makes me more irritated than people that dont know how to drive. i just had a guy tailgate me for about 3 miles to an intersection.. im in the middle lane to go striaght forward. theres cars to my right, making a right turn. and then the douche-bag gets in the left lane.. which is the LEFT ONLY turn lane. i see him inching up, i can tell hes waiting for the light to turn green and do something stupid. so just to be safe, i hold back a bit. the light turns green, douche-bag floors it, chirping his tires and shoots out into the intersection then cuts RIGHT across 2 lanes of traffic.. he could have killed someone.. or himself.. or me. what an asshole! and thats not the first time thats happened either. i hate drivers in this city..

so i make it to Subway wor lunch.. and after being frustrated on the road, the girl behind the counter decideds to frustrate me some more by doing 2 more of my biggest pet peevs:

1. talk on the phone when she should be PAYING ATTENTION to wtf shes doing..
    2. does not speak correctly.

so after 3 times of messing up my order and pissing off everyone in line, she finally gets off the phone and gets to work. she was talking on her pink motorola razr phone to her friend by the way.. not a work call.

why do people like this exist?? and WHY for fuck's SAKE can they not speak like an educated adult??

alright rant over.. sorry. but feel free to gripe here about whatever it is that makes you want to commit mass murder.. - JAG
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    My Baptist wife informs me this is exactly why God invented gunpowder and the shotgun...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG.
    ....she was talking on her pink motorola razr phone to her friend by the way.. not a work call.

what you need to do in that situation is stay calm, and tell her you want to see the manager. then you get her fired...... thats much more rewarding than getting angry about it.

Thanks
    *Chuckle* I certainly can understand your feeling here, especially because I can see these events precipitating through this thread and all over the place. I myself have had moments of frustration, and I find that these sort of moods only build and feed upon themselves until you reach a boundary of over-reaction. I think that these things, while very annoying, peevish, tetchy, and just generally ingnorant and stupid... are actually good things in a way. Now, in saying that, you must know that I am one of these people that thinks that there is something good in everything, if you simply have the perspective to look at it and see beyond the immediate.

I think that situations such as this help to remind us of patience, and show us that we are perhaps going at a rate that is perhaps faster than we would like - that we should slow down and, you know what, in most cases there is another solution to something that you will discover there, that would otherwise be obscured by the nimbus which only grows the more you feed it - like a cold... when it first starts you might recognize some symptoms, then once you think your getting a cold, WHAM there it is. (heh, bad example... as it can happen all sorts of ways... but I "hope" that you know what I am saying).

In either case, yes - damned annoying and all that. But there can be good in it, if you but see it and act on it.

If nothing else, they might offer you a perspective on yourself and your own life that you may already know, but need to be refreshed on.

But thats my thinking.
    Last edited by sciboy; December 7th, 2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Cut it out with the green text please.

Thanks
    ohhh im patient. im VERY patient. and i think it shows a tremendous amount of patience that i didnt grab her stupid pink phone and beat her on the head with it. i guess i didnt point out that thru this all.. i muttered under my breath a lot and had a very negative tone in my voice.. but i never once 'unleashed' the frustration.

since crap like this happens everyday to me apparently.. ive learned to get used to it and keep myself under control. but that doesnt stop it from being absolutely skin-burningly aggrivating..

i feel sorry for the poor bastard that finally pushes me over the edge and i snap.. then again, if thats what he did he probly deerves what he gets - JAG

Thanks
    You should come to Rhode Island and drive, it's a free for all. Weeeee!!

Thanks
    <nod> Just so you know, I really sort of meant that more for myself and things I observed for myself - not to say you should or otherwise - but.... ah heck I'll just shut up.

But there have been afew times for me with work and school and all else besides at the same time where someone does something where I sort of feel like:pld:
    Last edited by sciboy; December 7th, 2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Seriously, posts are made for reading you know.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    About every month while walking to school someone almost drives right over me backing out of their driveway. I always just walk faster and avoid it, but one of these days I swear I'll try to kick out one of theri tail lights.

I'm boarding in a very rich suburban section of town. The roads are winding and short, with many stop signs. this does nothing whatsoever to slow down the 16 yr old teenagers in their parents car. I'm surprized we dont have an accident here every day.

I've also nearly been run over when some idiot decides that missing the yellow light by about 3 seconds is still ok.

Thanks
    The death glare. Works like a charm.

Thanks
    Btilliant!

Thanks
    heh.. a 12-gage shotgun is more effective though.. to ensure there are no repeat offenders - JAG

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG.
    and WHY for fuck's SAKE can they not speak like an educated adult??
    Probably for much the same reason that some people won’t capitalize or use proper grammar when they type. </pet peeve>

Thanks
    oh snap!.. alright alright, ill admit im lazy with my typing. but not with my speaking damnit.. but i'll work on it - JAG

Thanks
    Gather all that frustration and let it flow on paper/canvas. Make something positive out of it.

Thanks
    JAG, working with military law enforcement for 3 years has changed my perspective quite a bit on wreckless driving. All I can suggest is doing what I do (#1 don't follow them). Dial your local police dept. or state patrol using a HANDS FREE HEAD SET. Make sure that you take note of the vehicles make, model, and license plate number and report them. Most of the time local patrol cops are so bored that they're more than happy to respond to a call like that. I feel your frustration though, after being active duty Navy for 5 years I have the patience of the Dali Lama. It takes allot to set me off these days. My last official work day is tomorrow, and I start checking out of the command next Monday. I cannot wait to be a civilian again.

Thanks
    While I know people relate the seriousness of their problems to their own
    surrounding world, maybe you could try this :

Get some international newspapers or some other source of info, read .. AND
    reflect for a moment about those other peoples frustration and lives.
    Maybe that guy on the road or that girl with the pink cellphone won't seem
    like such a big deal anymore....
    www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    I have patience. I'm just too f*cking pissed off at everthing to use it....
    So Many A$$Holes, So Few Bullets.
    - Ford Fairlane

Thanks
    hey im with you on the much larger issues affecting the lives of millions elsewhere. and all that nonsense that happened to me yesterday certainly isnt 'a problem'.. i wasnt complaining, just letting out some of my frustration in a non-violent way. like i've said, just dealing with crap like that is annoying, but what really makes it harder to deal with is when soe idiot acts irresponsibly and puts others' lives in danger. - JAG