Sketchbook: GreyBelly's Belly Of Sketches And Stuff
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: GreyBelly's Belly Of Sketches And Stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

GreyBelly's Belly Of Sketches And Stuff

Well folks, it's about time I created my own little sketchbook here at ConceptArt. So... ehrm.. here it is!

Edit: Misunderstood sketchbook rules, did a bit of fumbling around, found out I had done everything right, left the thread as it were :-)

I'll start off with a little project I'm working on nowadays. It began as a sketch on paper, namely this one:

I decided I liked the creature so well I wanted to try giving it more form by painting it digitally. As I said I'm still working on it, so I'll post images as I go along.

I started by importing into my paint prog and laying down the "outline":

Sadly, I don't have time (at the time being) to work continuously for hours on end, I'm limited to approx. half an hour a day or so of painting, resulting in bad continuity, bad focus and concentration, and little progress. Anyway, this is as far as I've got now:

I decided to make the creature's limbs a bit more "believable" than the sketch suggests. Keeping the original limbs would probably make the creature more "comic", but I don't think that's what I'm after - anyway I can probably express some sort of comedy when I get as far as the face of the creature.

Keep watching this space, more coming up!

Last edited by GreyBelly; December 7th, 2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: misunderstanding
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

All next stages

All limbs fixed. Added more detail to the body, using seals as a reference:

Face fixed, more detail and wrinkles added. Feet fixed again:

For the time being, this is the final image. Shading added, detail to the tail, and general fine tuning. Someone suggested adding some caustics to the skin, I may take on that later:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1