Tool settings like this pic?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tool settings like this pic?

levitateme Guest

Tool settings like this pic?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&threadid=7556

I havent been on this forum more than 10 times yet. this is one of my favorite artists on here though. im GUESSING, he uses painter? can someone maybe tell me what kind of tools he is usign to paint? like what settings maybe? i really like that look.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

Probably the best way to find out is to ask Android, since we can only guess what he used.

If he used Painter at all, it looks like Android used the Palette Knife brush variant and maybe the Loaded Palette Knife brush variant on a lot of the painting. These brush variants are found in the Painter 7 Brushes palette's Brushes catagory's list of brush variants, and in the Impasto category's list of brush variants. Impasto variants paint with Impasto depth and lighting (thick paint), but they can be set to paint without thickness. To do this, go to the Brush Controls palette's Impasto section and choose Depth Method: Color or just move the Depth slider to the left to lower the brushstroke's thickness.

In Painter 8, you'll find the Palette Knife brush variant and Loaded Palette Knife brush variant in the Palette Knives brush category along with a lot of other Palette Knife brush variants. You can make Impasto setting adjustments in the Brush Creator's Impasto section.

To get the texture you see on the chin, it looks like he either used one of the brush variants for which the Subcategory has the word "Grainy" in it or possibly used the Photo category's Add Grain variant, then painted over it with another brush to get the darker brown smooth vertical strokes. You'll find the Subcategory list in the Painter 7 Brush Controls palette's General section or in the Painter 8 Brush Creator's General section.

Again, ask Android for the info.. he knows.. we only guess.

Good luck,

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

levitateme Guest
    that helped alot thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.