Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

my chemical romance - the black parade

what a fucking masterpiece.

it's been years since something blew me away in that fashion

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Really? I didn't like it much, I suppose it might grow on me..

I thought "Three Cheers" was a fabulous album and had high hopes for this one, it just didn't do it for me though.

Thanks
    I hate it with a passion. Theres just something so flimsy about all these emo cry me a river bands that I cant even force myself to listen their whiny nasal voices. Each to his/her own liking tho of course.

Thanks
    Im sorry but these guys are pure blow ass monkey turd throwers... Im really sorry to put it that way, but I saw them on Saterday Night Live not too long ago, and watching the, all dressed up so uncomforitable just for show, made me want to hang my self.

Thanks
    I could not pick these guys out of the ocean of similar bands, no matter how hard I tried.
    Last edited by Interceptor; February 19th, 2007 at 08:40 PM.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    hahahahahahah ya'll clueless angsty teenagers

Thanks
    I liked it because it was about marching band....

If you're not in one, you'd be surprised how often us band nerds pick up on stuff like that. *two second partial shot of a tuba player before halftime on a televised football game* "Hey, it's the band!! *high fives*"

Don't know much about the emo band though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan.v.D.
    hahahahahahah ya'll clueless angsty teenagers
    but you're the one that listens to my chemical romance...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by asoir
    but you're the one that listens to my chemical romance...
    yeah how bout them panic at the disco fella's?

they're hip to the hop i says! hippity hoppity wibbity woo

rink tink tinkadinka dinka dee dee

my chemical romance - the black parade

p.s. every time someone says "my chemical romance" an angel's heart blackens and falls from grace to serve the almight lord of darkness and shadows.

and also a kitten dies.
    and jesus. again.
    Last edited by rustikof; December 7th, 2006 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustikof
    p.s. every time someone says "my chemical romance" an angel's heart blackens and falls from grace to serve the almight lord of darkness and shadows.

and also a kitten dies.
    and jesus. again.
    Haha. My ribs have been severely tickled now.

Thanks
    The first thing i thought when i saw the video for The Black Parade was "did Billy Corgan's hair grow back?" But they ain't no Smashing Pumpkins if you ask me. It always seems suspicious to me btw when a lot of money gets pumped into a band's promotion, like they're trying to hide the lack of talent with lots of pump and circumstances (like a really cool video). But what do i know? I'm over twenty-five, all this youngster music goes over my head completely.

Thanks
    I was turned off by the emo look of the Video too. I listened to 2 of their singles again after hearing Black Parade a couple of times at parties. I'll have to listen to their album, i can't make up my mind about them yet.
    My guess is that they have to play by their labels rules.
    But then i used to like a lot of stuff 10 years ago that would have been considered emo if the name had been around then.
    The Crow was an awesome movie when i was 16
    Edit; been looking at some other music videos on Youtube, emo is horrible! Who makes these videos? Who let's them make them? Good thing i don't watch music tv anymore. Ignorance is bliss.
    Last edited by John; December 9th, 2006 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks
    The videos are horible and they look like muppets but I still maintain that their last album was a good rock record.

It is hard to get past the "wtf are you wearing man!" thing though..

Thanks
    yeah how bout them panic at the disco fella's?
    My wife is into Panic at the All Our Songs Have the same rythm and tempo complete with lame ass whining, damn your wife for making you listen to the album more than once. Fuck that band and the lot of the whiny emo bastards. The only guys that impressed me were the pop punk sensation Blink 182. Go pick up some Muse, or Mars Volta. I will give Dan one thing, the collectors package with James Jeans artwork is pretty sweet looking.
    -Mike V

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walnut
    The first thing i thought when i saw the video for The Black Parade was "did Billy Corgan's hair grow back?"
    Ha! I thought the exact same thing! I thought it was an old Smashing Pumpkins video I'd never seen before or something.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    the first thing i thought when i saw the video for the black parade was ca/massiveblack anyone?

now seriously i'm past 25 myself, i'm anything but emo and i don't give a damn about what they wear or what the singer's hair is like. even less about emobands in general. i listen to shit before i judge it and for me that record rocks. i'm playing guitar and having bands for many years now so believe me i've heard and dealt with a lot of music in my live. what i want to point out with that is that i'm not some random 12 yr old kid that's tryin to define himself through bands he's listening to.
    you don't have to like em but that band deserves respect for their work.
    artistically they are waaaaaaay ahead of everybody else in this thread...
    sure what they do is like a different ball game but a no less demanding one.
    kthxbye

Thanks
    i listen to shit before i judge it and for me that record rocks.
    See, that's how I feel about the previous album. Sure, they look like idiots but fortunately I listen with my ears, not my eyes.

I'm also waaay past 25...

Thanks
    yeah im not too keen on their emo look, but I really enjoy some of their songs. "Teenagers" is also very different and catchy.

Thanks
    I've never seen the videos.. I don't watch MTV. All the new music I hear is on the radio either in the car or internet based and I'm also over 25.
    -Mike

Thanks
    the first thing i thought when i saw the video for the black parade was ca/massiveblack anyone?

now seriously i'm past 25 myself, i'm anything but emo and i don't give a damn about what they wear or what the singer's hair is like. even less about emobands in general. i listen to shit before i judge it and for me that record rocks. i'm playing guitar and having bands for many years now so believe me i've heard and dealt with a lot of music in my live. what i want to point out with that is that i'm not some random 12 yr old kid that's tryin to define himself through bands he's listening to.
    kthxbye
    retard.

Thanks
    kthxbye

bwuhhhhhh

did you just say my chemical romance is better than muse.........?

...are...

...you...

...high...?

and whats a age'd man doin listenin to my chemical romance and thinking they are rocking? seriously go listen to...i dunno, pantera....or...heck even the BEATLES are more rocking than MCR.

MY COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE AND PERSONAL TASTES ARE OBVIOUSLY BETTER THAN YOUR OBJECTIVE AND PERSONAL TASTES SO THERE

Thanks

kthxbye
    What the hell does that even mean?
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Supposedly the singer for MCR was a film major at SVA.
    No wonder they suck so much

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walnut
    But what do i know? I'm over twenty-five, all this youngster music goes over my head completely.
    Don't worry, age has nothing to do with it, I'm 17 and would much rather be listening to octopus's garden/ i am the walrus than the black parade

Thanks
    I never listened to MCR, but I like James Jean's cover for their new CD... I only got to see their video for "The Black Parade" thru MuchMusic's Video On Trial... And yep, they thrashed it good...
    LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

Thanks
    Its cool these days to bash emo bands, and while Im not exactly a huge fan of most of the music in that genre, my chemical romance has definitely put out a few killer tracks. Regardless of their aesthetic style, they make some great songs.

Thanks
    bwuhhhhhh

did you just say my chemical romance is better than muse.........?

...are...

...you...

...high...?

and whats a age'd man doin listenin to my chemical romance and thinking they are rocking? seriously go listen to...i dunno, pantera....or...heck even the BEATLES are more rocking than MCR.

MY COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE AND PERSONAL TASTES ARE OBVIOUSLY BETTER THAN YOUR OBJECTIVE AND PERSONAL TASTES SO THERE
    I have never met you, but as a fellow Seattleite I salute you for that comment! Muse does in deed kick serious ass. I'm just now starting to get into The Mars Volta as well, I'm dissapointed in myself for getting into their work so late in the game. I have fairly eclectic tastes in music as a former aspiring MTV VeeJay You should check out my current play list on last.fm I'm currently putting together an across the board mix to work to. As a work in progress I'm at 26 tracks. By the time I'm done I'll be at about 100 tracks that bring you back and forth from the 70's to todays music hitting rock, alternative, industrial, trance, D&B, funk, spoken word, and even some 80's pop.
    -Mike V

Thanks
    I'm with Aesir. I can't stand the look or the things attached to the Genre, but MCR has done some awesome tracks. When I heard The black Parade on the Radio, I loved it before I even knew who made it. Not loved it as in "OMG FAV SONG", but you know, the love where you are like "This song is pretty cool!"

I usually listen to songs for the melody, not the words. Very few musicians in ANY genre have ANY good lyrics anymore.

Thanks
    Same here, I've found myself becoming a fan of MCR.

- Visions

Thanks
    haha, yeah, muse and mars volta are gods compared to my chemical romance.
    i haven't listened to their new album, but im sure i'll hate it just as much as i did the others... but that doesnt mean i dont respect them as musicians.
    i respect les claypool as a bassist, but i cant stand the music itself. its like going to a guitar show where everyone knows every blues scale, and can play them all really really fast, but can they write a song that evokes some sort of emotion? NO. they cant. its just technical skills in my opinion.
    thats the case with MCR, and i cant stand the vocals. irritating, screechy no talent vocals... ugh. ...
    ok, im on their myspace page now...
    ok... i hate it. sounds just like every other new band on the radio.
    im sorry... i think my personal preference is more raw/dark... something with feeling and emotion. something real.
    i like very raw sounds, like the sounds from the black keys, those guys are amazing to me. i cant stand happy poppy shit like MCR or any of those wannabe fake punk bands... they're just annoying. oh, and i cant stand that group hoobastank, MCR sounds exactly like them. i cant tell either band apart from the music alone.
    what happened to originality? i know everything has been done before, but atleast there used to be ATTEMPTS at originality.
    and weird clothes dont count as originality.
    but again, i respect their TECHNICAL skills. because to me, thats all they have.
    take a band like spoon for example, they have one song thats fucking awesome, beautiful, filled with emotion, great tempo, etc. but its only got ONE FUCKING CHORD. one chord i swear to god. one chord and it was a better song than every song i've ever heard from MCR.
    Last edited by TheDirtSyndicate; December 11th, 2006 at 10:29 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast