Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    These are ace chromosome! your enviro's are really coming along well, and all the other digital stuff as well. Any tutorials in the work? It'd be great and insightful to see your process.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hendric VII: ThanksÖ.. I think?

Sirio Brozzi: Thank you.

Ccsears: Thanks man. I am feeling a little better. They pumped me full of drugs and antibiotics. As for the blue one, you nailed it. My advanced perspective class is stressing composition, so sooner or later Iíll get it. I think itís one of those things you struggle with, and you really see until one day it just clicks. Thanks again.

Bhanu: Thanks. Iím trying to go for a painterly feel, butÖ. well, Iíll just keep banging my head against the proverbial wall until I get something good. I wish I could get a painterly look in photoshop like in my oils. I tried painterÖÖ it doesnít like me, or Iím not smart/patient enough. As for the sb, Iíve been meaning to post the last few craptacular pages of my sketchbook. Just been swamped with other stuff.

D@niel: Thanks! Flaming headed monsters or squid hair monkeys make me happy.

Buckster: Thanks. Funny you mention the enviros, since Iíve kind of been hitting a block with them. Sometimes I throw in color, but Iím mainly working on my brush stroke, and since most of these are assignments for classes, I tend to stick to black and white to get them done in time. I tend to muddle around with color too much. But I have to start making some decent colored work soon. I need to have a decent portfolio by april/may.

Oma: I donít even know how to respond. Is that good or bad?

Roidvoid: Thank you. I was thinking to PM Vyle to see if he would be a mentor, but I think heís probably too busy, plus, I have a lot on my plate this semester and I would want to have an opportunity that I wouldnít be able to make the most of.

TheGnoll: Thanks! Yeah, the Noah piece was drawn over a thumbnail which wasnít anatomically correct, and I didnít sit back and look at it as I was working. Excuses. Iíll fix it next time (I plan to come back to some of these for portfolio pieces).

Mr-Joe: Thanks, and youíre welcome.

Sublimus: Thank you.

Charles Carvalho: Thank you.

Bojee: Thanks for the kind words.

Skeiff: Thanks man. No tutorials anytime soon. Theyíd mainly be me saying, ďthat didnít work, lemme try something elseĒ or ď I donít know what that is, but I like itĒ.

Well, I suck for not responding, and Iím even more of an ass for not commenting enough in other threads. So busyÖ.. Advanced perspectiveÖ. Hard. EhÖ. Iím a jerk. Hereís some digital stuff that makes me think I donít completely suck. Iíve been forcing myself to draw overhand with compressed charcoal on big newsprint pads, in curved lines. Itís like going to a foreign place, with a foreign language, naked. Itís very humbling/depressing. What happened to my comfort zone? When I get something that looks remotely good, I post it. For now, thinks that make me somewhat happy.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle
    BLOG
    SKETCHBOOK
    GALLERY

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chromosome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This thread pretty much sums up the word awesome.
    Great work!

Thanks
    Cool update, great sketchbook!

Cheers

Thanks
    truly a great collection of drawings and sketches, very much inspiration here.
    you really percieve the planes of figure good and make it really easy to see the whole form.

great work, keep it up

Rune

SMOKE HARDER

MY BLOG'z

Thanks
    Hey chromosome (is this your real name? I guess not )!

Very cool progress with the digitals I must say, you have managed to get good control over your custom brushes. They don't feel distracting anymore, now they are just beautiful. I know what you mean when talking about exploring unknown fields - you've probably heard this 27.000 times, but that's the only way to learn things, and I guess you know that very well already...but gosh, who am I talking to? great works, fabulous progress, you're definately on the right way.

Thanks
    The face shot looks awsome, as do most of your creations ^^

I love the flying gorilla but the tigre seems somewhat flat in comparisson, to me anyways. It might be the lack of some fur rendering.
    Otherwise it looks killer mate, keep at it.

PS.
    Why april/may? o_O
    DS.
    Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Thanks
    dude chromosome ;D I've been watching this thread for a while and trying to find something constructive to say, but I really am having trouble with it - so I figured i'd show some love for your shit rather than just sitting forever on the sidelines. I'd seen some of your stuff on satellite soda before coming over here so it was a real treat to find a 12 page sketchbook of yours here its all super insperational man - i absolutely love the way you sketch and shade. Keep it up :]

Thanks
    just wow! your sketches and finished pieces look so alive!
    Bravo!

Thanks
    your graphic talent is a kickass! I'm looking forward to see more, much to learn for me here

Thanks
    Hey Chromosome, nice updates since my last visit here man, you digi stuff are amazing, you are a killer with light man, damnit good shading, you are the one here man, keep posting and thank you so much for share your skills with us, can i do one folder of reference in my PC from your Thread??

Cheers my friend

Thanks
    Haven't been here in a minute, really hip sketches Chromosome! The digis are nice! XD

Thanks
    I love the feel of your works...!
    -next time I will comment more on your work, now I'm off! cheers, and take care!

Chris
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, itís a very cheesy response but itís true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -BjÝrn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    man, i just flipped through your whole book and was amazed with what you have done, nice oil paintings and all, but what impresses me the most is your amazing linework and studies with just the pen (or pencil or whatever)... very inspiring!
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    excellent work! I love how you do the shading with planes!

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast