Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    WoW, that's all i have to say

my blog
    my thread

Follow me @atomoso

Thanks
    Hive mind: No secrets. Just good teachers and practice. Thanks!

JMarkus: I don’t know what you’re talking about. Your studies are all pretty rocking. Thanks for the kind words though.

Newbs: Thanks man. I’ll do my best. I have a year or so left of school, so I better bring whatever I can. The hands are all Bridgman studies form his “Book of a Hundred hands”. Good practice for finding structures in the hands.

Bhanu: Thanks man. I draw out of the Bridgman book, and draw each hand from four different angles. I just keep rotating the book 90 degrees, drawing the same hand. Good practice for hands and seeing shapes in general. Thank you.

Koppa: Thanks!

Atmos: Thank you.

I have some pages from my sb to scan, but I’d rather dump more than three pages. I’ve been spending my evenings practicing with Photoshop. I bought Vyle’s Gnomon DVD a couple of months ago, and only recently got around to practicing (school for 2 months and moving gets in the way). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DVD. These are mainly brush experiments and value work. When I get more comfortable with my brush work, I’ll throw in some color. I usually warm up painting rocks, because all I have to worry about is texture and value (no proportions). I use that warm up rock as a brush for a practice doodle. Only two days ago did I really start with figure stuff. Here’s a couple I was happy with. Thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle
    BLOG
    SKETCHBOOK
    GALLERY

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chromosome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love how you paint shadows in those oil portraits, lack of detail in shadows is probobly the best thing ever invented that SP is fantastic

those last digital ones are crazy, good job on the values.

keep it up! cheers

Thanks
    that dvd is definitely awesome although i stopped using his brushes. i find myself limited using other people's brushes because they make their brushes for themselves.

but these are still very good pieces as well. i always enjoy size comparisons by putting in a small figure somewhere in the painting. cool works!

ULTIMATE SKETCH GROUP
    Angelo | Gredgie | Matty

Website - Look at me
    Email - Hire me
    Facebook - Be my friend, pleaseeeee
    Nocturnal Concept Emissions - Surprise

Thanks
    hey there, great start with the digitals. the last one ist my favorite. i think it is the only one where the custom brushes don't damage the image. i think in digital painting it's tricky to get a consistent style in a painting, especially when using custom brushes - there are parts where they just stand out too much and don't blend into the rest of the painting well enough. great work though, keep working, i'm sure you'll get the hang of it very soon.

Thanks
    Archipelago: Thank you.

RedSpade: Thanks. I agree about the brushes from other people. The only ones I used from vyle's dvd were the scratches, dust, and palette knife (plus the default ones like the hard round and soft airbrush). Alot of the brushes have brushes were mixed with textures. Still trying to get a feel for it.

Saa: Thanks. I'm trying to get something along the lines of my oils, as far as brush stroke show, but it's tricky. I'll keep practicing.

Some sketch book and another digital doodle. I got nailed in class for drawing with straight lines. I guess that's a good thing. If you never try new things, you never grow. I'm happy with the way I sketch, but I think I need to explore some differen methods of drawing to improve. This sb may take a dip in quality, so apologies to those who take the time to stop by regularly, but I think I've got to improve on curved lines and rythm.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle
    BLOG
    SKETCHBOOK
    GALLERY

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromosome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your work is champion man.. and attempting to draw with more contoured lines is great, you know, expanding your drawing abilities etc But as for getting nailed for drawing with straight lines... well that smells like bullshit to me. I'm all for trying new things but it shouldn't come about via a technique diss from your tutor. Can your teacher draw as well as you?. and when was there ever a correct method??. Besides you're unique for your use of line anyway.
    Regardless of how your draw it I'm sure it'll be slick.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukias For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    man your rendering with those lines is so new to me, I haven't seen it done like this. Great stuff all around. And hey, don't worry about that "dip in quality" As long as you're learning something new and different, it shouldn't matter what we say or think. Just keep going, and explore as much as you can. My teacher once told me, you have to make bad drawings to make good drawings. Its always good to work on your weakest points, instead of your strongest.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to agelaos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dude. Nice work, you rock. You're going to have no problem getting a job.

Very nice pencil work, same with the paints.

What school are you going to?? Also, where you drawing your animal ref from??

Cheers,

~JB

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    i could look all day at those animal renders...so unique in their shading.
    will be interesting to see how you will experiment.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,318 Times in 906 Posts
    when did you get so friggiiiinnnnn swwweeeeeett at monsters!?!?! tthose last ones made my stomach do flips. AWESOME!

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12