Thanks

Exclamation Please help me out!!

THIS IS DUE TOMORROW!! AND NOBODY HAS REPLIED! JUST TAKE 5 MINUTES TO JUST FILL THIS OUT! I NEED THIS, OR I FAIL!!

My name is Shannon, and I am a student at the Art Institute International Minnesota. I am currently studying Media Arts and Animation in hopes to become a great concept artist someday. I am a first quarter student and was assigned to do a research project on a career in the animation field of my choice. And what do you know? Here I am!

I need to do an interview with experienced concept artists. So, if you want to shine and be the main topic of my research project, here is your chance!

If you are to answer the following questions, please answer all of them with honesty. If you could also add some of your work or atleast a url to some of your work, that would be awesome! Thanks to everyone who helps me!!

1. What is a typical work day like for you?

2. What kind of education have you had to become the concept artist you are now, if any?

3. What kind of skills are needed to become a good concept artist and which do you excel at?

4. What has your journey been like through your career as a concept artist? (Such as internships, jobs, freelance, etc.)

5. What inspires you most as an artist and why?

6. What aspired you to become a concept artist?

7. What has influenced you the most to become the concept artist you are today? (Such as artists, movies, songs, etc.)

8. What was your most thrilling thing you have done throughout your career and why? (Such as a certain piece you worked on, or a project you worked on, etc.)

9. If you were to say one thing to a younge artist thinking about becoming a concept artist, what advice would you give them?

10. If you could do something differently throughout your career as a concept artist, what would it be and why?

Thanks again guys!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Try PMing them instead of posting here, CHOOSE who you want, that way it's not like getting "Whoever you can drag in". Many of the Super pro's here are nice enough to answer questions, and some even to talk on AIM.

BTW, does concept art even count as Animation? I suppose things like character sheets for Mickey Mouse would..

Thanks
    Im not a concept artist, but I hope somebody might be able to help you. Heres a little bump for ya.

Thanks
    justin,

I do care who I get, but right now, seeing how it is a day before it is due, and nobody has e-mailed me back or anything, I am a bit desperate!

Thanks
    Email?

IT"S THE WEEKEND! Many of these artists have Work emails, you need to PM them, I can see TONS right now who are actively on this forum...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    As a teacher, this drives me nuts:

Please help me out!!
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    I will tell you something...

I have tried almost this entire quarter to get people to do an interview, and I have had no luck what so ever!!

I e-mailed tons and tons of people!! Not just here, but famous concept artists, other forums, I have private messaged people... do they answer... NO@

AND NOBODY... NOBODY WILL GIVE A TIME OF DAY TO HELP! I MEAN IT COULD TAKE LIKE 5 MINUTES!

I am going nuts people!!! I am not the kind of student that waits until the last minute! This is my last resort.... I just need an interview! The rest of my project is done! I need an interview!!!!!!!! I have been on this computer almost all day! ...

pld:

Thanks
    just fill it out yourself. nobody will be able to tell.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohan
    just fill it out yourself. nobody will be able to tell.
    LOL!!!

Thanks
    yo, Anubis. Check your PM's

Thanks
    Maybe it's how you PM'ed them. I hope you didn't copy paste this message though- some might think "Oh, they just sent it to a bunch of people. I'm sure some other guys will get it no problemo."

Thanks
    I dunno, I spoke with a student on a phone interview in a similar place a few weeks ago - all she did was shoot me an email...

Anyhoo, check your PMs anubis. And dangit, your lack of planning does not contitute our emergencies! [/dad]

Thanks
    hahahah! Is that for professional development!? .. i'm taking the same class, unfortunately I'm a big slacker and decided to focus on my work rather than do the interview. :p Besides that's what montreal workshop was for me!
    ah good times. anyway, good luck ;p
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    hehe, no.

It's actually for History and Trends in Animation.

And I think the whole animation title is throwing a couple of you off. My school doesn't have a degree in illustration or anything, so I went with Animation. Which isn't bad, because I learn all the 3-d programs and all the other useful programs along with that. Of course there are a lot of drawing, color, and perspective classes to go along with that as well.

What I don't understand is why my Bachelor's degree will be of Science, and not of Fine Arts...
    I don't get that. I thought that most of the art degrees fall under the Fine Arts category...
    Oh well.

Thanks
    I think if a major has a distinctly technical base (in computers) it is considered of science... like maybe a crane operator wouldn't have a bachelors of engineering, but a bachelors of science (I don't think he would have even gone to college, but you get what I mean.)

Thanks

hehe, I had a feeling that was it, but I wasn't sure.
    It makes sense though now that you say it like that.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSillustration
    As a teacher, this drives me nuts:

Please help me out!!
    Now now; a speck of research could tell you that she's been trying for a few days:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83281
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Thanks buddy!

I have, thank you!
    And many many many other people and places...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    psst. . . be sure to check your other thread, Anubis.

Thanks
    You didn't get a thank you message?!?!?!?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.