Thanks

Cynic - prog. death metal

Cynic at Myspace with samples

Just heard of this band a couple of days ago and as a big heavy-metal nut (especially Death/Black n variations of it) i couldn`t resist to do a quick search at myspace on them. After listening to "How could i" i was imedeatly hooked on the band. Really great mixture of electronic/techno/jazz elements with early 90s Death Metal. Really something different imho

even made me installing Aquanox 1 and 2 again and beatin the hell outta some Ancients
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Listening to the first track I thought they sounded like they were kind of ripping off death, but it turns out two people actually made at least 1 death album Pretty cool, though I think the robot-esque voice is pretty bad.

I don't really like Death metal, but I think Death are amazing. This band is good, but you should buy sound of perseverence or symbolic by Death if you don't have them already. Two of the best metal albums i've ever heard.
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    A band called The Faceless released Akeldama this year with a very large Cynic influence, you should definitely check them out on myspace too: http://www.myspace.com/thefaceless

Enjoy

~ Stephen

Thanks
    Hah, man, I probably haven't listened to Cynic since high school. Never really got into it too much, but I can remember us jamming out to Veil of Maya in my car after school, ha. Good times. Metal times.
    If you dig them, you might also dig Aghora. Similar tech-prog-jazz-death thing going on, but with a female vocalist. I'm pretty sure some of the dudes in Cynic played on Aghora's album.
    Also, agreed, Symbolic and Sound of Perserverence are both fuckin great albums, but I think Cynic predates those albums. I think. I could be wrong tho.

Thanks
    hmmm...thanks guys...i will look up on those bands

also ive heard of "Portal" which seems to be a band formed out of former Cynic members but is deeper into the tech/jazz paret of the music.

also someone who also like Cynic advised me to get me some Music by "Atheist" if i like such stuff <_<

Oh and btw. Rumors have it that there will be a big reunion-tour in early 2007 harharhar if they are touring anywhere near austria im there
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky