Sketchbook: Wanimal's -- NSFW - Page 9
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanimal's -- NSFW

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 629 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    insectia

Attached Images Attached Images        

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your self portrait is a strong piece in my inspiration folder. The rest of your stuff is certainly interesting, but I suppose not my cup of tea. I do love that uniquely dark feeling I get when looking over your entire body of posted work though

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you have some ugly things here, i really like it. Good tech too

cheers
    Andre

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really love the stage design , maybe you can find a way to broken the wall at last act
    PS : i dont know how the car and the submarine work in this samll space

use the steeve? but it seems not enough space to put in

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool bugs, but I hope you were'nt planning on drinking that. :o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nahhh you don't know anything about art and painting lol

you are a master!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pupas

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Insane,wicked,outstanding,awesome,detailed,freaked out,imaginary,COOL and VERY PROFESSIONAL...thats what it is

One's humble Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is cool man! Different way to look same stuff have different feel too!
    by the way I 'm Chinese too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mind expanding stuff!
    Do you have a website or a blog?
    ~marc

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you just like
    have a bunch of dead insects hanging around?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so cool i should say

http://www.boutiquecraft.com/blog/
    Welcome sharing your interesting experience with B.C. community

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of your drawings reminded me of RObert Crumb.

Good job

ART BLOG

"Admitting that free man may err, in no way invalidates the importance of his ability to decide for himself."
    Robert LeFevre

"laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Cesare Beccaria

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AMAZING, the stage design scene and characters are so well done. Makes me wanna start sculpting again!!

Cx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea I duno.... While I do agree there is wicked skill here, and clearly an amazing designer, and mind, whats it being used for? Death, opression, sadness, darkness, lonelyness, hate, fear, etc...

the only slightly 'upbeat' things here are the live action stage shots, which were not in your complete cotroll.

Im just saying that all of us as artists have a power to communicate and impose emotion onto our viewers. and while sometimes Its a very good thing to shock, saden, and open the mind of an otherwise blissfully ignorent viewer, I have to wonder why you would ONLY express the darkest dregs of life to the world.

now before anyone gets all 'Ugly things can be art too!' on me, yea, i know, i get it, I do it too. I Have done very disturbing pieces myself, but its not the only thing I can or want to communicate to the world.

So I guess thats the real question. Do you only want your viewers to feel depression, fear, and negativity? Or is that all your capable of communicating? which, is realy sad if this is what your life revolves around. Your gona spend a millenia with maggots and worms, go enjoy some sunshine while your still above ground.

I duno, thats all im sayin.

the skill is there, It's the intent I wonder about.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bleh... I'm quite sure he gives two shits about doing art for the viewers, just by reading his comments... even though some of that could be from a language barrier. And how do you know that what you describe is what all of us viewers feel when looking at this type of work anyway? Some of us know how to appreciate beauty or light in the things everyone else label as being dark... or some of the other labels you provide that probably no one else sees, such as death, oppression, sadness, darkness, loneliness, hate, fear, etc.... Whaaaa? His stuff is the work of a true artist, a pure genius nonetheless. Probably another reason why people are so in awe by his work here is because he is a non-conformist and don't really give a fuck what any of us thinks, which is admirable to be truly individual. He shows a wide range in technical skills and destroys all aesthetics set by these forums and other societies.. that is what sets himself apart from everyone else. Definitely not one you would normally see posting in this forum, which is refreshing and probably the only thread I want to see updated at the top of the list. I'm still waiting to see some stop motion tests already of these puppet characters...they are so kick ass!

Last edited by spiritform; July 19th, 2007 at 01:35 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to spiritform For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is art
    and that’s rare...reminds me that the rest of us are just conceptual illustrators..............yes reader, you too.

Last edited by kingshaj; July 19th, 2007 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea i figured that was coming,

The guy is obviously a genius, and yes there is beauty in what most people consider 'Dark'. I'm not willing to go as far as to say he... "destroys all aesthetics set by these forums and other societies.." But I do recognise his brilliance. Truth be told he has taken clear leafs from othe artists work, just as we all do, and turned it into something new and fresh. He rocks. Im not critisizing the work at all. it's bloody brilliant.

My only.... observation, into this work, is that there is an absense of.... for lack of a better term, 'Hope'. or, if you like, 'Love'

you can argue with me that many people take a lot of pleasure and see a lot of beauty in something as fatalistic as a rat with its face blown off, but that doesnt change the fact that its fatalistic. Pleasurable? yes. Beautifull? yes. But still a constant theme of dark, beautifull, fatalism.

The bondage and fetish pieces are excelent. But you cant tell me they dont convey pain and helplessness. Thats the whole point of domination. They also convey pleasure, beauty, lustfullness. But that doesnt change the running theme of pain, helplessness, and torture. even if its for pleasure.

So through my observation of the work, my overal reaction is of concern. Does this artist only produce this theme of subject matter because thats the only message he wishes to send to the world, or is it truly all he is able to produce because its all he has known in life?

You can have a dark, dirty 'ugly' beautifull piece, and say many things with it. Looking at the 'TOOL' stop motion videos, who emulate "The Quay brothers" ("ahem") You will find deeply opressive, arcane environments, but the character usualy has a struggle to at least strive to hold onto something beautifull, or attempt to escape his environment. There is a tenderness underneath all the abrasive harsh elements, and I realy have not felt any of that within this artists work. THIS IS NOT A CRITISIZM! Just an observation. Each piece stands alone as a great work of art, but throughout the ride of these pages I realy felt the collective body was just extreamly cold emotionaly.

by all means disagree, im sure you do, but i just didnt want anyone thinking I was saying he is any less of an artist or that i didnt like his work.

just my two cents

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshaj View Post
    this is art
    and that’s rare...reminds me that the rest of us are just conceptual illustrators..............yes reader, you too.
    sorry, I cant resist, even at risk of sounding like a flamer, but there is a massive collection of underground artists producing work like this for decades. again, not a stab at this artist, he rocks. Im defending the hundreds of artists who work without pay and havent conformed to needing to post their work on the internet forums for feedback or recognition from you.

Just because no one else on this forum posting it doesnt mean he's invented it. I duno, reading the comments on this thread have realy shown me how little most people know about art, design, art history, and whats out there beyond "conceptual Illustration".

This guy obviously knows what he's doing. but theres a whole lot of "Wow i was like and oh no nudity!" in here. That combined with "Oh dark stuff is so beautifull! I love how that cats blood reflects the flash of the camera, so artistic and edgey!" Theres a heavy 'high school vibe' coming off on this site. This stuff realy isnt that shocking, or original. Its well done mind you, once again, he is an awsome artist. But the only reason you think its 'rare' or original is because you spend all your time HERE.

Just to clarify for the thousandth time, I like this guys stuff, hes an awsome artist, so dont give me the holyer-than-thou speach on needing to appreciate something out of the main stream bullshit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    W A R M

Last edited by wanimal; March 26th, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wanimal View Post
    Something
    This is ART????If this is art,I make art everytime I go to the WC.

You did some good things and every body said "Great!".Now you do some weird and ugly things and everybody keep saying "Great!".I really dont´t understand.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Camara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm... You were saying that your major is...stage design? Or maybe somehow i got confused?

Nice drawings, m8.

As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
    - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TO Camara :

i just took photos with the dead cat,which i saw by the road

It's none of my business that how you feel how you think

are you a communist guy or a North Korea ?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to wanimal For This Useful Post:

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like that you attempt a variety of mediums. I think you take nice photographs that flatter your products. You have a strong theatrical streak. And the photographs of the sets look like those productions were well lit and expensive. Whoever does the lighting is really doing the heavy lifting. I like that you are having fun in what you do. The girls seem to like wearing the costumes with the long sleeves.

Your S&M and anatomical drawings are fairly academic and boring. Actually you have that problem with a lot of your drawings when you rely too much on photography. Although there is one head of a boy I think done in charcoal that nicely recalls Fechin.

The insects are very realistic looking. Did you use a mold?

I like the dollhouse-size sets. Again, the lighting really does the trick on the modernist/expressionist ones. With such good lighting, I can't see the actual craftsmanship or design of the pieces themselves, which prevents me from making a judgement on the artistry you brought to them.

I was wondering, did you make all those little furniture pieces in that indoor set? The piano, the chairs... the wallpaper. Those look store bought. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The clay Nazis don't have much integrity as sculpture and it doesn't seem like the "play" involving them has much to say. Maybe I'm missing something. I guess cute Nazis is an artistic statement. (I was gonna write: But let me ask my friend George Kojak down the street who still has tatooed numbers on his arm from when he was a small child... But that would be taking it all too seriously, right? And that would be uncool.)

Yes when you spray scrambled colored clay with glycerin it can look like viscera. Or vomit. Why are you demonstrating this for us? Maybe you should put that in the "How to" section. I'd be interested in how you made the bugs too. They look realistic... and sprayed with something that makes them shiny.

Yes, when you wave vast swaths of cloth in the air it's like clouds! I think everybody knows that.

I see lots of hanging sheets in the stage productions. That must have been tough to rig up. Do the hanging sheets have any meaning or are they just for decoration? Did you do the sewing yourself on the garments?

I thought your pen drawings were very pleasant. You have a strong decorative instinct in that medium but I would encourage you to explore some more pen textures besides the cloth-hair texture you tend to proliferate. Check out Beardsley, Dulac, Jessie M. King, Barry Windsor Smith, Yunge, Wallace Smith, Arthur Rackham and Harry Clarke for ideas. I like the Persian flavor in the first pen drawing although there is a drawing problem in the area of the girl's right underarm that distracts and maybe too much of the drawing is made up of repeated design motifs without relation or significance to the girl.

And just as a general note, you seem to be better at line drawing out of your imagination than when you try to fake form and lighting. I think you would get great benefit out of George Bridgman's anatomy books. Many artists copy them line for line in their notebooks in order to learn form (and thus lighting).

The charcoal life drawing of the guy with his hand in his pocket (under the red eye monkey pen and ink) is very fresh. The swordswoman next to him on the other hand looks posed and is drawn stiffly.

The pirate picture and a lot of your other illustrations suffer from a lack of compositional thought and the brushwork can't cover that up. Maybe you should read Loomis on the basics of composition. I think somebody on this site has links to that info. Maybe somebody else can offer a more comprehensive treatise on composition for you to learn from.

Good luck,
    kev

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp

i am a chinese ,graduating from the central academy of drama beijing.
    my major is stage design.

very intense. and i agree not porn- fanstasy. and i do like all the anatomy. and haha your a freak!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshaj
    this is art and that’s rare...reminds me that the rest of us are just conceptual illustrators..............yes reader, you too.
    That is a cheap useless polemic.
    Some of the greatest artist of every time, like Michelangelo Buonarroti, have clients (patrons), commissions (hey Mike, please paint the ceiling of my church) and great money payment, so come on...don't try to create ranks here, there is just some different attitudes and some different purposes.
    Art can comes out from a payed piece or from personal stuff, and is not essential doing things thinking "now I DO ART!" or spreading clearly some strong emotions on the board to be sure that people get shocked and recognize the ART.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritform
    Probably another reason why people are so in awe by his work here is because he is a non-conformist and don't really give a fuck what any of us thinks
    Oh come on! This thread have more than 250 replies whit 99% positive feedback and 4 stars rating! If this works was really anti-conformist they can't have this kind of popularity.
    It's really easy driving people to thinking that you are an Artist.
    I don't want to criticize Wanimal, I think that he's enjoying whit his works (and that is a strongly important thing) and whit readers of his thread; and that is cool. The only thing I feel to say is that Wanimal can comes down in the place and talking whit his fans, not just comes out for a little when someone are not happy about his picture. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Camara
    This is ART????If this is art,I make art everytime I go to the WC.
    I think that a guy anticipate you ;-] But i think also that you can agree whit his messages, especially on the last work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TO Camara :

i just took photos with the dead cat,which i saw by the road

It's none of my business that how you feel how you think

are you a communist guy or a North Korea ?
    I´ve got photos of my girlfriend,my parents,my house,my car.......do I have to put them here???This is conceptART,and you are sick if you think that a picture of a dead cat in the side of the road is art.I don´t know why you put that picture here.Is offensive.I am not communist,neither Korean,I´m spanish.I like some of your work,but I don´t know why are those photos in your thread.Don´t insult me because I don´t like your work.Art is what you create....not going to the road and take a photo (by the way,a simple ugly photo,nothing special) of a poor dead cat........and I think that there are a photography and modeling forums......oh,wait!!!!a bird´s shit is on my car´s window!!!I´m goig to take a photo of it!Next I will post it here and say that this is ART!!!!......

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Camara, if you really want to critique sensationalistic work, the best thing to do is yawn at it.

A yawn is the antidote.

By angrily protesting, you fall into the trap the provacateur has set and you become "part of his art process".

Like in a "ring and run" prank, if the home owner doesn't come to the door and shake his fist in anger, the joke isn't complete.

Ignore the doorbell. Yawn. Repeat.

Best,
    kev

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 48