hugh jackman as VAN HELSING

MY SITE
    available for freelance
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like his clothes, but who's van helsing?

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bram Stoker...Dracula....hunter......

Van Helsing

:chug:

Last edited by darkcult; June 20th, 2003 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think he'll do a good job. In all the movies I've seen him in, I've been impressed. I always thought that when they did an X-Men movie the one character they were sure to F-up was Wolverine ... but he really nailed it.

To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hugh jackman, is good people! I met him on set of xmen one, i wonder if fame has changed him at all. he was a total joker.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

So this is why he turned down the part of Dirk Pitt! Clive Cussler (author) fans will know who I'm talking about. My father knows Clive, and he told him he was trying to get Jackman to play the part of his character, Dirk Pitt (kind of like a James Bond type) for the first screen adaptation of his books, but he declined. I think they got that insipid Tom Cruise to do it instead.

- blind

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What movie scene is he in there?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What movie scene is he in there?
    It is a crucial moment , a breaking point in the movie when VanHelsing is standing and looking to his left.

:beer:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea--its the part where he vows to destroy all evil

MY SITE
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually he's saying "Who the F would put Mayo on French fries ... Damn Vampires"

To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He's a vampire killer? :confused: :evilbat:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi WildSpruceMoose,

there was once a book, long before Anne Rice and Vampire-Roleplay f***ed the motif up and there was a van Helsing taking part as a vampire hunter. The book is called "Dracula" and was written by Bram Stoker ...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...458105-1476007

Welcome to the weird world of literature!

Fipse

<Insert witty remark here>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool. Thanks for the info Fipse.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :evilbat:

hey everyone =) \/^^^\/

i was wondering if anyone could tell me where i could get a hat like the one hugh jackman wears in the movie - i have wanted one for ages and can't find anywhere that sells them - would go very well with my ankle length black leather coat and long hair =)

thanks for any info

i look forward to seeing this film - i look like a vampyre myself the way i dress though i don't intentionally dress to look like one - they copy me =) lol

from peter "Morpyre" turner

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question

Could anybody give me a link to the concept art of VanHelsing?
    I saw the trailer and there were so many cool enviroments in it. I really would like to see some sketches or something like this...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, I work at my local theatre and we go and watch movies early so we know the film is put together right. So all I can say is it is good and if you want some inspiration go watch it i was compelled to start writing and sketching when i got home. Just some friendly info.

Someday, someone will respond.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By the way. I meant to ask "What movie is that a scene from?" I was unaware of the movie and its name at the time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Fipse

there was once a book, long before Anne Rice and Vampire-Roleplay f***ed the motif up and there was a van Helsing taking part as a vampire hunter. The book is called "Dracula" and was written by Bram Stoker ...

Welcome to the weird world of literature!
    Lol. Funny Fipse. I share your frustration.

I have not yet seen this movie, but I already know it is an abomination. Though I supported the idea of such a movie, I can already tell from the previews that it is an overly cartoonish mish-mash of overused CGI!! ARGH!!!

OH! I bet it probably even has my FAVORITE CGI Monster scene: The run-up-to-the-screen-and-give-a-big-open-mouthed-scream-complete-with-saliva-and-tongue-and-waggling-thingy-in-the-back-of-the-throat-scene! OH BOY! NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE!!!!

If I sound angry, it's because I AM!!!! When I saw Coppola's Dracula many years ago, I thought: That Van Helsing character (played quite well by Anthony Hopkins) would make for a really cool, dark, thoughtful, even-paced, intelligent movie!

So what do we have? HUGH JACKMAN fighting not only Dracula, but THE WOLF-MAN AND FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!

I am getting a little tired of these over-blown Prague-based film productions (I.E. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Hellboy, etc) that want to throw a kitchen-sink full of crazy CGI things at you and hope you don't notice the poor scripts, bad direction and horrible art direction....... errrg.

Don't get me wrong, I would jump at the chance to work on a movie like that some day, and I am sure that the artists and animators who worked on Van Helsing are all fine, talented people, but I just wish that the directors, script-writers, and art-directors would show a little restraint and judgement and try to tell a good story.

Lord of the Rings did this pretty damn successfully, so I know it can be done.

Ok I'm done now. I will take back everything I said if it turns out that Van Helsing is really an amazing movie. I will most certainly go see it because I am, after all, a sucker for movies like that. But i really doubt that I will be proven wrong on this one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know about the movie but I'd be interested to see some of the concept art for the vampires.

Personally, I'd love to see a movie with all of these monsters but interpretted by Todd McFarlane. Check these out. http://spawn.com/features/monsters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Muttonhead

I am getting a little tired of these over-blown Prague-based film productions (I.E. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Hellboy, etc) that want to throw a kitchen-sink full of crazy CGI things at you and hope you don't notice the poor scripts, bad direction and horrible art direction....... errrg.
    I couldn't agree more, its not just true with this sort of film but the entire action genre and even more.. (think xXx for overdone special effects with next to NO story line/script) Its something I've got increasingly pissed off about lately. Movie (and tv series) makers seem to think these days that the audience no longer thinks, they just want to be bombarded with all the visual mayhem possibly creatable with the latest 3d packages. Respect for the storyline, script, plot structure all seem to go secondhand to a movie that is visually interesting.

I'd much rather watch a poorly shot film with an amazing plot and script than an amazingly shot film that lacks in other areas. These guys need to learn that these visual things are just icing on the cake, they don't make the film /good/ they just hide the films bad writing until after the film when the watcher has a chance to process the visual imagery and think of what the film was actually about.

[I am a member of the Middle Class!]

You can view my lurrvely new sketchbook here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=507266
    Have a nice day!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I saw it, and damn, teh storyline is anything BUT lacking. Amazing visuals, corny but giggly humour in 'the Mummy's style, and hugh wasnt terrible. Beckinsale was more eyecandy, but overall i thouroughly enjoyed this, and gods, some of the best fight scenes i have ever seen

my gallery

Member: Team Insect Battle X-Treme ( scorpion squad, mutated monstrosity platoon)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't like it too much. Those vampires like to cackle way too much

Drawing everyday since 10/04

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, they were a tad melodramatic, but twas all in fun. If you go into the movei expecting a jolly good romp, then you will enjoy it. If you expect oscar performances and such, t'will suck much sack of balls.

my gallery

Member: Team Insect Battle X-Treme ( scorpion squad, mutated monstrosity platoon)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i still cant get over the fact they put tom cruise in interview with a vampire. I hate that guy. Only performance i liked him in was Rain Man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Form
    Only performance i liked him in was Rain Man.
    Yes he did good in film...yes very indeed...good film...yes...yes...good good good...indeed.

"You mean you don't make sound effects when you're painting?" -David Tillinghast

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i'm most probably going to see this movie, because i generally like such movies and hugh jackman is a pretty good actor after all, but i couldn't agree more on the overblown film cgi thingy. what sickens me most these days is what the aliens vs predator movie is gonna be like. aswell as what george lucas is doing nowadays. he doesn't care for story or good actors but only cgi. ep.2 ohhh what cool monsters- and on the other side- ohhh what a weak fuck of actor for anakin. goddam. begin producing movies like original alien again! no big fucking cgi, but short moments of intense fear in dark tunnels.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think I'd go as far as saying that CGI should ONLY be done when something can't be done by an actual animatronic. No matter how good a digitally created character may look, there is no substitute for something that actually exists in reality that can interact with both the actors and the environment. What bothers me the most about CGI is that things tend to be over animated and seem weightless. Characters are darting and jumping around in ways that no actual living thing ever would. I understand that puppets and animatronics can be cumbersome and inflexable but of special effects companies invest more in them and different ways to shoot them, I'm sure problems will start to disappear. You may think I'm crazy but I think mo-motion should be looked into more. Mo-motion is nothing but a miniature rod puppet shot over a blue screen (remember alien3).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    that's new to me they shot it that way, but it did work obviously
    has anyone yet seen the digitally revisited versions of sw episode 4-6?i must say i really liked the originals better, i don't know really why, but they had more charm. cgi figures are just to perfectly shaped for the rest of most movies. if you look "the league of extraordinary gentlemen", the submarine...it's just too perfect to be believable.
    the best way animations done yet was lotr. they had the actual actor,reshot the scenes in a bluescreen studio and copied the cgi figure into the scenes done. gollum was just perfectly animated-that's what i call successful integration of cgi.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh and hugh jackman is australian.

GO AUSSIE!! WEWT!

hrm, maybe i shoulda seen the movie before i said that..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I could only find one glaring plot hole. The story was decent, character development a bit too underdone, action sequences every 2minutes lasting for 3 minutes(awesome). No oscars will be won of it, but it was a good movie. Oh, and acting was alright too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.