painter 7 beginning tutorials?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

painter 7 beginning tutorials?

Hey all,

I know you guys get this question alot but would any of you be able to recomend any painter 7 tutorials for beginners? I know nothing about the program and would like to learn some good techniques on how and what brushes to use and color mixing/customizing. Thanx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi,

The brush variants you choose depend on the result you want.

Maybe if you could point to some examples, it would be easier to make suggestions.

Really, your best bet is to open a big white Canvas and begin testing all of the brush variants, one category at a time. That's the fastest way to get a feel for how they work and begin to pick out ones you like best.

Mixing, as I mentioned in another response to your question, can be done with any of several (or many) existing Painter 7 brush variants or with tweaks made to others.

Try adjusting the Well section's Resat slider to the left and Bleed slider to the right of the Resat slider. That'll give you a brush that blends and you can fiddle with the sliders and try several variants 'til you have something that works.

Do your blending on the Canvas until you know more about handling Painter.

Good luck,

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    thanx jin...your the painter master! oh..have you ever read through painter 7 wow book? If so, what did you think?
    thanx again

Thanks
    If you want some good tutorials go and buy don seegmillers book on, Digital Charecter Design and Painting.. has some nice stuff in it.. worth the 50 bucks... link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

peace.

-Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    Originally posted by cateaic
    thanx jin...your the painter master! oh..have you ever read through painter 7 wow book? If so, what did you think?
    thanx again
    cateaic,

I own three Painter WOW! Books (and a small image of mine is in the Painter 6 WOW! Book). I've never had time to read through any of them completely, but know they contain a lot of inspiring examples of art done by Painter users.

My own impression is that the Painter WOW! Books are best used either after the new user has the basics down or along with a class or other steady instruction at hand while using the books.

Cher's books are very popular, in any case.

Again, I do think the new user does well to learn the basics of Painter, how to manage brushes, create new variants, etc. ... basically understand how Painter brushes work.. and thoroughly understand them.

Also important is a solid understanding of Painter Layers, User Masks, Painter 7 and earlier version Visibility Masks, and Painter 8 Layers, Alpha channels, and Masks.

It's also good to understand the relationship between Painter's brushes and Paper textures as they interact. Learning how to create your own Paper textures (and Patterns) for specific projects is important as well, and can make all the difference in whether or not your painting or other image turns out the way you wanted.

Without these basics, the user will find him/herself in trouble, frustrated, and wasting valuable time and energy.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks

Smile

Deth Jester- Thanx alot! i appreciate the help U ROCK
    Jin- Thanx for your expertice...ill talk to some people at my art school about painter 7 and about what you suggested. The main reason I decided to get painter was because I love working with prisma markers but they were just getting too expensive. I would like to get that "marker" look using painter 7. Thanx again Jin !!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.