View Poll Results: Choose your CHOWracter!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars cakeypigdog

17 28.33%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars woodlandwalker

0 0%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars Azrael

0 0%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars Paolo13

1 1.67%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars Migsta

2 3.33%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars Vances22

0 0%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars killthemouse

1 1.67%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars Sali

0 0%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars oishiiniku

19 31.67%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars CravenMorehead

2 3.33%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars ChuckMate

7 11.67%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars Asita

0 0%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars fedezz

8 13.33%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars mrGrumble

13 21.67%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars bryno

0 0%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars puck

0 0%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars xgabo

27 45.00%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars Kaotica

11 18.33%
  • CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars CollinSully

1 1.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars

Thanks

CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars

Choose your CHOWracter!
    CHOW #50 - VOTING -Guest Host: Salaryman. Topic: Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars
    Like CHOW? Support This Site. Buy your T-Shirt

Founding Fore-Father/Pilgrim of Mars
    A first traveller and Settler of the red planet. 20 or 200 years hence

- Here we are, at CHOW #50 - and we inovate again.
    Thanks to Salaryman for being out first host!
    This is his topic.
    HIs choices - see below why

Topic elements: NA

1 = NA
    2 = NA
    3 = NA

Make sure your picture contains these - you will receive 3 VOTES for each topic covered.

POLL RULES
    (for the new people)
    NOT ALL ENTRIES ARE TAKEN TO THE POLL.
    (the selection is based on technical quality criteria)
    ENTRIES NOT POLLED WILL RECEIVE C&C
    (i really try to do this every time)
    IT IS A DIFFICULT PROCESS - MISTAKES CAN BE MADE
    I am trying to set this as a professional demand. I act as the client...
    Oblio is always looking for feedback - If Oblio is wrong - tell him so.
    DON'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF

ROUND COMMENTS:
    Thanks you all for being part of this. Salaryman... was kind... he took a lot of entries up to the public click... now it's up to you... to select a winner, to select a NEW HOST for the next week.

NEW PEOPLE HAVE JOINED - Thank you for choosing CHOW.
    Also.. the people with the 1st post on CA - lose your artistic virginity on CHOW... first love.. is always the best.

DON'T FORGET YOUR PRIZE! THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND WILL SELECT THE TOPIC OF THE NEXT ONE!

And will assist me in selecting the entries for the poll. In one week we'll have a new client.Vote him now

EDIT: And his name is... XGABO. Congrats... see you on your round.
    The winning piece:
    Last edited by Oblio; December 4th, 2006 at 06:57 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i'm in!!

edit: updat here are my first pass of thumbs

ok here is my final kids: (edited to include name and border- sorry)

oh and here is a lil giff (my first one) of teh WIP

Thanks
    <LOG MAYFLOWER1 10122076> saying that making a life here is hard would be an understatement. Although the scientists had proven plants could be grown in terrariums and had theorized the genetically enhanced seeds would produce a bountiful crop they have not. Our constant fight with the elements has proven futile, our shelter holds, and power from the solar panels and winds keep us with electricity, but our stores are running short. We have had nothing fresh for months. <END>

<LOG MAYFLOWER1 11232076> We had expected contact at some point… the military had led us to believe that major alien settlements were on the other side of the planet, but that it was just a matter of time before we were found. What we had not expected was the welcome we received. Apparently some recon on us had been done over the past few months. Why they didn’t let us just die out I’ll never know… our alien neighbors aren’t quite as savage as we once thought… and having mastered the art of hunting and gathering on this dusty red rock they showed up with what one could only determine to be fresh food, (vegetable and animal matter of some sort)… so happy are we to have this peaceful contact, and an opportunity to share with the local inhabitants. The stuff doesn’t taste that bad either! <END>

<LOG MAYFLOWER1 02272077> We have been shown the correct way to cultivate our plants and crops now… and after several hunting expeditions we now know the local flora and fauna well enough to get by on our own… our new friends have made it possible for us to stay here. We are so thankful that they showed up when they did. One can only hope we have a great and prosperous future together. <END>

Thanks
    This could be interesting. To quite OJ, "Maybe I'll take a stab."

UPDATE: Damn Cakey, ..just....damn. Nice piece.
    Chillin in my hotel room in Phoenix and I was midly inspired, so I threw down some ink on this one.
    Being that I'll be shredding my head on the dunes, I probably wont see this one out.
    Sand and computers don't mix, so here's my weak little sketch. Sorry Salaryman, awesome topic, just a busy time.

Some obvious anatomy issues here, I know.

Thanks

Finito

Thanks

Final...

Ok here's the final...

CMSAF Neil Armstrong IV , the first human to set foot on this foreign soil sits on a rock formation overlooking the red planet while envisioning the city of the future and what will ultimately become his new home.
    - My Artwork! -
    www.miguellleras.com

Thanks
    Well not fully showing the char. but anyway...
    Pelgrim at the red plains;
    Chryo made his skin look pale.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Thanks
    blah wont be able to finish this off in time... >.<

Warrior Style

The first rule of Warrior Style is, You do not stop drawing.
    The second rule of Warrior Style is, You DO NOT stop drawing.

Thanks

Icon

Here is my final. Glad I finished one of these. A little late, but I am most happy I finished. Time to get started on the Next One!
    Warrior Style

The first rule of Warrior Style is, You do not stop drawing.
    The second rule of Warrior Style is, You DO NOT stop drawing.

Thanks

Second attempt

Here we go. two composition ideas. I like the first myself but the second is more of a character concept. When I read this weeks concept immediately thought of the Anne character from Red Mars so I am going for a geologist.

Thanks
    Great work so far, Cakey & vances.

Well it's almost a year since I last attempted a CHOW, but the work here has been a constant inspiration. But I have more time nowadays, and am in a crazy mood for drawing.

Some crits on this would be great before I whack some colours on.

Finished:

The new world of America was not enough for some of the pilgrims. Too quickly the puritan values that they had started the colony with dissolved into the very excess that they had fled England for.

But hope was restored again in the late eighteenth century with the wonders of modern space flight. The king of England had established a post on Earth's moon. But Mars was out of the question. The Puritans though, started a new pilgrimage. An attempt to escape the horrors of Earth, and begin a new life under God, on the planet as red as Christ's blood.

Here, we see an explorer from the new Puritan colony, desperately searching for a reliable source of water in the deep caves of Mars, before their meager supplies run out entirely.

Thanks
    started doodling this yesterday, don't think im gunna have time to get anywhere with it tho, cause work juss got a bit busy ;(

playin the ol' "girl an a monkey" card heh

some cool stuff so far.

eri

Thanks

Talking Marsian winds...

My final. Here's the girl fighting wind on the Red Planet.
    When there is no place in Hell - the deadmen begin to walk...
    Sketchbook

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast