My name is Shannon, and I am a student at the Art Institute International Minnesota. I am currently studying Media Arts and Animation in hopes to become a great concept artist someday. I am a first quarter student and was assigned to do a research project on a career in the animation field of my choice. And what do you know? Here I am!
I need to do an interview with experienced concept artists. So, if you want to shine and be the main topic of my research project, here is your chance!
If you are to answer the following questions, please answer all of them with honesty. If you could also add some of your work or atleast a url to some of your work, that would be awesome! Thanks to everyone who helps me!!
1. What is a typical work day like for you?
2. What kind of education have you had to become the concept artist you are now, if any?
3. What kind of skills are needed to become a good concept artist and which do you excel at?
4. What has your journey been like through your career as a concept artist? (Such as internships, jobs, freelance, etc.)
5. What inspires you most as an artist and why?
6. What aspired you to become a concept artist?
7. What has influenced you the most to become the concept artist you are today? (Such as artists, movies, songs, etc.)
8. What was your most thrilling thing you have done throughout your career and why? (Such as a certain piece you worked on, or a project you worked on, etc.)
9. If you were to say one thing to a younge artist thinking about becoming a concept artist, what advice would you give them?
10. If you could do something differently throughout your career as a concept artist, what would it be and why?
Thanks again guys!!