Survey for Concept Artists!! Please fill this out!!!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Survey for Concept Artists!! Please fill this out!!!

My name is Shannon, and I am a student at the Art Institute International Minnesota. I am currently studying Media Arts and Animation in hopes to become a great concept artist someday. I am a first quarter student and was assigned to do a research project on a career in the animation field of my choice. And what do you know? Here I am!

I need to do an interview with experienced concept artists. So, if you want to shine and be the main topic of my research project, here is your chance!

If you are to answer the following questions, please answer all of them with honesty. If you could also add some of your work or atleast a url to some of your work, that would be awesome! Thanks to everyone who helps me!!

1. What is a typical work day like for you?

2. What kind of education have you had to become the concept artist you are now, if any?

3. What kind of skills are needed to become a good concept artist and which do you excel at?

4. What has your journey been like through your career as a concept artist? (Such as internships, jobs, freelance, etc.)

5. What inspires you most as an artist and why?

6. What aspired you to become a concept artist?

7. What has influenced you the most to become the concept artist you are today? (Such as artists, movies, songs, etc.)

8. What was your most thrilling thing you have done throughout your career and why? (Such as a certain piece you worked on, or a project you worked on, etc.)

9. If you were to say one thing to a younge artist thinking about becoming a concept artist, what advice would you give them?

10. If you could do something differently throughout your career as a concept artist, what would it be and why?

Thanks again guys!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Anubis,
    I'm not a concept artist, but I wanted to let you know that if you are interested in the games industry, there's a link in my sig that may be useful to you.

Cheers!

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im not a conceptartist either.. Im a costume designer... with ambitions to be an illustrator.... concept art is somethingthat seems to happen along the way
    chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh here's the original. Well I'll help you then.

1. What is a typical work day like for you?
    I spend alot of time asleep then I get up. Take my meds and I am on the computer again. Sometimes I will watch a movie. Then I take my sedative and I am asleep again.

2. What kind of education have you had to become the concept artist you are now, if any?
    I've taken dozens of art classes at community college, earning my diploma. Books and art forums and other stuff has supplemented that. And I went to the Art Institute for a while. And I was privately tutored for 6 months.

3. What kind of skills are needed to become a good concept artist and which do you excel at?
    You need: talent. I excel at: bitter.

4. What has your journey been like through your career as a concept artist? (Such as internships, jobs, freelance, etc.)
    I try to avoid any kind of contact with people taking classes with me. The journey has been like, starting out, then standing still, then being pushed over, and then I lay there crying.

5. What inspires you most as an artist and why?
    My ego because it demands satisfaction.

6. What aspired you to become a concept artist?
    Art.

7. What has influenced you the most to become the concept artist you are today? (Such as artists, movies, songs, etc.)
    I think my own complete failure and people hating me on art forums has influenced me the most in becoming the artist I am today.

8. What was your most thrilling thing you have done throughout your career and why? (Such as a certain piece you worked on, or a project you worked on, etc.)
    Probably when I said I was gonna eat a baby.

9. If you were to say one thing to a younge artist thinking about becoming a concept artist, what advice would you give them?
    Kill yourself (that is general advice though).

10. If you could do something differently throughout your career as a concept artist, what would it be and why?
    I think I'd kill myself because I hate life very much.

You're welcome, it was fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1. What is a typical work day like for you?=
    work is forbidden
    2. What kind of education have you had to become the concept artist you are now, if any?= I know the several selves that try to be just like me.

3. What kind of skills are needed to become a good concept artist and which do you excel at?= sucking yep you gotta suck before you can really suck at something....

4. What has your journey been like through your career as a concept artist? (Such as internships, jobs, freelance, etc.)= The Journey is with in the psyche

5. What inspires you most as an artist and why?= my ability to suck really hard

6. What aspired you to become a concept artist?= conception

7. What has influenced you the most to become the concept artist you are today? (Such as artists, movies, songs, etc.)= noise envelopes

8. What was your most thrilling thing you have done throughout your career and why? (Such as a certain piece you worked on, or a project you worked on, etc.)= creating several realities that did not want to be.

9. If you were to say one thing to a younge artist thinking about becoming a concept artist, what advice would you give them?= prioritize your future before it prioritizes you

10. If you could do something differently throughout your career as a concept artist, what would it be and why?= thought of a different concept.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd suggest sending emails to some folks you know that are in the field.

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Members who have read this thread: 1