Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    slight update....just started working on a piece of Street Fighter fanart...some crits/help on the composition and pose (ie. the wonky legs) would be greatly appreciated

PS:...should i even bother to scan and update with some old sketches i did in the past few months? they're pretty shitty and i don't think anyone will care at this stage

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    Hey man nice start to the new page....thumbs up...
    crits- hmm It doesnt seem like they are standing on something by the way their feet have been positioned ...The bent girl..even though by the overall look of the pose it seems that the weight is very much on her right leg but the way the leg is doesnt day so... I am not gonna say much about proportions those are your choices...

One main thing in all this is dynamics...these are the street fighters...,try to capture , teh action , the violence, the adventure.... I think the poses can be more dynamic...like they are just gonna launch in action....... not just cool poses.....

I have attached the pic with some crits

Hope I helped..
    Keep drawing..you are improving like a madman

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bhanu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paperX View Post
    i dunno if you remember our talk last time when i told you how bad New Zealand's art education is....well its pretty damn bad. I probably wouldn't even be doing this if it weren't from family pressure and stuff...
    Well good luck there but remember you can always learn something. I mean it's good to be critical about a certain level of course but if the situation does suck and you can't get out of it - get out of it what you can and take things to another level. No sense of complaining while doing your assignments I think. Before and after, sure definitely be super critical of how you spend your educational time.

Quote Originally Posted by paperX View Post
    University assignments pretty much doesn't have much to do with drawing at all these days so I think i pretty much went off drawing for a whole week during orientation. However, I have started going back to the basics with some bridgman studies so I'll try and find time to do an update soon cheers everyone....all the best with everybody's art!
    Off course I don't know the situation at all but even if it's only design or whatever just do all your thinking visually on paper. One black marker and fineliner are great tools to make thumbnails or schemes of abstract ideas, organisation of elements or composition studies, or just to depict certain desired and undesired qualities. Thinking visually will help you a lot with both design/art exercises and will keep you drawing obviously.

Good luck man.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tensai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Yay update. Nice work.
    I've also done a little paint over, just because it's easier for us to talk with pictures.

Firstly, as bhanu mentioned, poses could be more dynamic. Chun Li can easily be sorted out with more twist on the torso.
    Other than there, just some small things I've noted in the paint over. I don't know enough about anything else to make alterations.

Calves are too thick, I think.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks so much you guys for all the critique and support...i'm honestly touched...will definitely drop by your sb's soon....can't wait to be inspired

sorry to bhanu and daniel....i decided it would be best if i started again entirely rather than beat a (semi)dead horse....i was actually planning on abandoning the sketch after i drew in chun-li....but out of boredom, decided to add cammy in just to test composition....i didn't think about the the two poses would fit together very well and it shows (not being grounded etc...)

also i've been very reluctant with the idea of doing an action (well sorta anyway) related piece for this contest. since the game already has more than enough of that...i really wanted to do something else with the characters instead.

hence my new idea: its Sakura on a bus after doing some serious fighting (her gloves will be bloody) i think she's an really interesting character in this case because she's someone that really doesn't belong in the world of street fighter in the sense that she's only a school girl, while other girls are txting/ going out with boyfriends...she's busy challenging top fighters around the world. I want to portray her in a setting where it would be normally OK for Sakura the school girl ....but not Sakura the Street Fighter.

However I also plan to make her confident/strong amongst how the rest of the world reacts to her, as I believe she has a very powerful spirit and firm beliefs to live by.

all that said......CRITS on the composition please (i really need to fix the angle/perspective of the window at the back...its supposed to be inside a bus...but its sorta flat with the way the window is directly facing in a straight line to the viewer's eyes)...i just began this so this would be a good opportunity to fix the major errors up

PS: my line quality is so bad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    a bloodied schoolgirl should get some better reactions my man.....
    One thing.might be stupid...but dont use comp or whaterver to draw straight lines right now...they deaden the quickness of sketch

Oh might do a deal good and search francis vallejos illustration for almost the same situation , it just had people with fly heads.....hmm sorry cant find it for you...my nets too slow.....Just go back a few pages of check out his finally finished thread....
    About the perspective , find it in the depth of field and the rations of the head of the figures, that will give the pic enough perspective

might wanna make the posture a weaker..shes beaten up and stuf...nice expresion on her face..
    I think you can also put more people in the picture and get more and varied reactions and expressions....
    Hmm dunno...see if you can work it out a little more then we'l talk more ..okay?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bhanu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks bhanu! ill drop by your sb tomorrow....right now...sleeeep

I think ill start dropping down some colours soon....my line work as gone to hell and if i push the details further i fear it'll just get worse....if you guys see any major errors at this stage please point it out

Thanks
    I really like your Streetfighter piece.

If you don't know already you should check out Udon's site because they put up a book with Streetfighter fanart anyone can submitt to.

Here you can find more:

http://udoncrew.deviantart.com/

Best,

Chris

Thanks
    Chris Noeth: oh yeap...this is for the contest thanks for stopping by though man, i appreciate it...sorry for not visiting your sb as much as i should

started colours....gotta get this thing finished by tomorrow ...wish me luck

Thanks
    I love the sketch you did with the colour. Very neat contrasting, with the girl in the middle with all the colour and everyone else mostly neutral.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to amordecosmos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    amordecosmos: thanks! actually it was still a WIP, but i tried out what you said and it turned out better than i thought...thanks for dropping by

Still got a few things left to work on on this, gotta try get it done by tomorrow....any last minute crits please bring it on!

Thanks
    hey man, watch out for these tangents, they are hurting an otherwise awsome piece. keep up the good work
    Blog: My Blog

19. The Following User Says Thank You to themissinglink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    themissinglink: dude thanks soooo much for pointing that out... i dunno how i missed that...

think this is pretty much it...gotta submit it by the end of 31st march....Crits definitely still welcome though sorry for re-positing the WIP of this so much heh the colour looks a bit off again compared to photoshop....i think i might have to re-calibrate my monitor again...
    Last edited by paperX; March 31st, 2008 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks
    been a while...
    that fan art is really kool. your line work is getting abit sketch keep the line quality.

l8r man
    'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work

22. The Following User Says Thank You to markey2d For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I can finally crit that piece you showed me on MSN! Sorry it came so late, at least I can help you with your art though. I hope you win the contest!

With the guy on the right, I think his ear is too high and too small. He seems to be talking about Sakura with that other man, should his hand stand out more? It could help to convey the story more clearly. What are they saying about her? Perhaps his hand should have a different pose. Body language does a lot for impressions.

I'm loving the background, the colours appeal to me. Maybe you should blur the lines though, just to bring the focus more in the centre. Not that it isn't centred enough, it's great how you contained most of the colours on and around Sakura, that really centers the focus.

I like how you included your previous drawing in it!

Little nitpicks:
    I feel that the phone the chick on the left is holding is off, it should be higher and more parallel to the direction she's facing; more in her ear. And how would Sakura's skirt get so torn?

But enough of tearing your work apart, later man.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Challie For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast