Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Last two enviros are great! Starting to produce some great shapes and the colours and values are really kicking!
    Not much to crit on those really. It really is great seeing your progress dude, and your attitude always inspires me. Thanks for your visits to my book too, always enjoy reading your thoughts dood!
    cheers!
    Brendan Noeth

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hi there, i really like the snowy mountain one, really capture the cold.
    i know this may sound corrny but u might wanna watch some bob ross videos to get you inspired, all he does is landscape and the way he does it is preety amazing, hoever he kinda seelin you an idea. still worth a try i think though.
    keep it up l8r
    'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to markey2d For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Kronos: thanks man!
    mc2mc2: oh man getting an compliment from you is like a huge ego boost thanks dude!
    Brendan N: thanks man, same here....I can learn a lot from your colours
    markey2d: thank you, that one's my favourite so far too, ill try and check out those bob ross vids you mentioned

The topic was 'Underneath it all'. Heres a bit of a run down on how I approached this (just for the sake of it...feed back on my process would be nice too! )

This is the idea that i started out with, I was going for a "Underneath it all...lays a heart of gold" approach for a sci-fi themed piece....but then decided against it.
    Attachment 295828

I then had an idea to do a piece of with an racial statement, pretty much the vision I had was of a Nazi soldier with Jewish prisoners juxtaposed with the fact that "Underneath" all the flesh/hair colours to determine our race, all human beings are, in fact, the same. This was my first attempt:
    Attachment 295829

I decided the composition really wasn't working, so I scrapped it all together and started on a new piece. Half way through rendering I realised my theme wasn't being communicated well at all, and the piece looked like a bad B-movie horror poster. After messing around a bit I decided add some illustrative elements into the piece...I'm still not very happy with the end result though, as I think I did not convey the message of my piece well enough...

Attachment 295834
    Attachment 295835
    Attachment 295836
    Attachment 295837

CRITIQUE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks
    Beautiful. I wish I could offer something more useful than that, but I can't. It looks really good. Really good. I commend you and your painting skill. I am bested once again! I've got to get painting soon or else I'll never catch up to you.

Thanks
    sketcheth: rofl good one man, you catch up to me??? more like the reverse dude

a doodle done in an oC with Kronos...really need some hand studies
    Attachment 298768

SP in oC
    Attachment 298765

was supposed to be a DSG, but i didn't really like it (eww at the colours )
    Attachment 298767

some others doodle in an oC with Kronos, again, need to work on hands
    Attachment 298764

messing around with colours in oC, i sorta like it :/, really hate the bottom half of her face though (especially the mouth)
    Attachment 298769

Sketchbook doodles
    Attachment 298770

a sketch that i didn't finish for some reason
    Attachment 298771

went out to town and saw some north american group busking and promoting their cds, really neat clothing and instruments (couldn't fit one of them in though, sorry dude!)
    Attachment 298772

some more quick sketches of people around town
    Attachment 298773

another sketch i never got around to finishing (I'm beginning to see a trend here )
    Attachment 298774

Drawing stuff in a park
    Attachment 298775

quick drawings of people walking by....im really bad at quickly capturing gestures with lines
    Attachment 298779

another pretty bad one...posting for crits pretty much
    Attachment 298780

sorry, this might be bad for your eyes
    Attachment 298781

doodle page
    Attachment 298782

Thanks
    lol dood why is your self portrait so pro compared to your stuff from imagination?....I think you just need to draw even more from life

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 254 Posts
    awesome work paperx, the last image and the park drawings in your update are fantastic. The rendering on them is really bold and strong. Most of your rendering looks rushed, soft and "sketchy".

While at the workshop, one of the instructors mentioned that its best to take a piece all the way to the end, no matter the it takes, if you keep ending your works so early you'll never really be able to figure out what it takes to make a piece look completed.

I also agree with mc2, your open canvas study is fantastic and very clean.

keep it up and keep it bold!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to davi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey man, havent seen your stuff in a while, everything is looking really good. Your pencils look tighter and cleaner. Those environments are looking badass. On the LMS piece, the rendering looks really good on the nazi soldier, i think the other skeletons could use a little refining. My biggest issue with the peice is that there is a lot of unneeded stuff going on. I dont think you need the birds or barbed wire. I think all of that stuff going on the outside of the image is ditracting the importance of the major figures.
    Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    great work, your studies pay off quite well.
    and your understanding of color is vary good.

Thanks
    it been a while,
    erm anyway,i love that nazi thing u did it amazing really pro stuff i wanna see a couple more those plz!
    just take ur own advise and do studies

l8r
    'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work

Thanks
    update before i go to bed, ill post replies later guys, sorry for the hiatus...Starting my university course tomorrow...wish me luck!

Here's my really rushed entry for Artgerm's Pepper Project on DA, I realise I probably shouldn't have used a full frontal lighting, made the values and contrast look totally shitty and the whole thing really flat ah well....

I dunno if I'll have time to do some scans but I do have some sketches over the last month to show you guys, meanwhile obviously any crits is always very appreciated

☂paperX's SB☂ Updated: 15/MAY [Life drawing and doodles SKETCHDUMP]

Thanks
    Some cool sketches man. That last sketch is handled really well, her head looks a little too small for the rest of her body to me but that might just be because of the helmet anyway nice stuff man.

Good luck with the university course, cheers mate

16. The Following User Says Thank You to krossj For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I should probably stop by here more often, your stuff is seriously great!

Thanks
    how's uni treating you? got you experimenting and learning?
    let us know what's up and keep on sketching mate.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    krossj: thanks so much for the crit man
    k-sin: thanks man, you should start a sketchbook and get involved with the community!
    tensai: shit dude, i'm so touched that you can still even remember this crappy sb of mine uni's being a real pain atm...i dunno if you remember our talk last time when i told you how bad New Zealand's art education is....well its pretty damn bad. I probably wouldn't even be doing this if it weren't from family pressure and stuff...*sigh*, heck i haven't even checked out your stuff recently....im sure its awesome as always ...

No updates today, just wanted to post something to show that im still alive, yes I have been drawing in case anyone cares, its more of a case of being too lazy to scan stuff and not really having any satisfactory stuff to show University assignments pretty much doesn't have much to do with drawing at all these days so I think i pretty much went off drawing for a whole week during orientation. However, I have started going back to the basics with some bridgman studies so I'll try and find time to do an update soon cheers everyone....all the best with everybody's art!

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast