2 3.17%
  • Cookiedough

14 22.22%
  • Sundance

1 1.59%
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts

VOTING: The Absolutely Adorable Rot-Your-Teeth Vector-Only Challenge!

THIS WAS VECTOR-ONLY! How you interpret the topic was up to you. Whatever treatment/style you use was up to you. Anything goes...as long as it's VECTOR ONLY.

And the topic was...

We Wuv Dwessup...
    The only requirement besides VECTOR-ONLY art was that your final entry had to be so Pukey-Cute that even the sugar freaks and grandmas here would hurl chunks. I'm talkin' pink fluffy lisping big-teary-eyed mopery that will make even Tom Kinkaid stick a 9mm in his mouth and pull the trigger...

Many thanks to those who gave it a try (Sorry...I had to drop last minute...mine corrupted and wouldn't show. I'll redo it and post it later somewhere.)...

With a little luck, the pics sequence should match these names:

entdroid
    magicgoo
    Carnifex
    Cookiedough
    Sundance

It would be nice if you post crits and comments on why you voted as you did...
    Last edited by Ilaekae; November 27th, 2006 at 10:43 PM. Reason: correction
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well, voted for entdroid. You know I'm biased, but c'mon!!! Look at those guys!! They are disgustingly cute.
    Magicgoo's came in close second place. I'm not sure about that brown, but it's a great piece all around. Gotta love that socktopus!
    Great entries everyone!

Thanks
    the first one has an awesome "cuteness factor" !
    voted for entroid !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    voted for magic! I just love how simple yet entertaining it is.

edit, would make a nice t shirt!
    Last edited by bumskee; November 28th, 2006 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks
    This was rough, so I let an unbiased but involved entity make the decision for me. I copied all the entries one at a time to my second drive, and waited five minutes. The results were slow-downs, odd noises, a shift in color from silver to moldy green, etc. The winner was obvious, though...my machine puked its hard-drives, CPU and my stash of hidden cigs all over two of the cats, then the green liquid stuff ate through the floor and destroyed my hot water heater. I consider that a definitive reaction, so i vote for entdroid. I may never eat again...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    the expression on entroids right rabbit is painfully cute =]

Thanks
    Magicgoos just really slapped me across the face with a smile. Very clever one, she is!

Thanks
    I almost voted for entdroid, but his is sinister to me. I don't trust those two little zipper animals any farther than I can throw them [which might actually be pretty far, but I still don't trust them]. I feel like they have chainsaws inside those zippered pouches, or maybe an axe that they are gonna pull out and attack me with!

goo, I really like yours in the simplicity and killer 70s colors. It's very entertaining. You almost got my vote.

carni, I think yours ended up more creepy than cute. I like how you stuck to the topic, but having those two switch faces is very scary...not cute

sundance also almost got my vote, but I think it lacked refining. :<

cookiedough, I really enjoy how this ended up. I feel that yours had the best cute to stay on topic ratio.

ilaekae, look forward to seeing your entry.

Thanks
    assuming cookiedough is the vampire one... then cookie

Thanks
    Magicgoo got my vote. Kickass pic

Thanks
    Thanks for your opinions, guys Here's my 2 centx0rz ...

Entroid - great piece all around! Love the cute factor and I love the graphic feeling to it. Like a logo and a t-shirt graphic in one.

Carni - cuteness everywhere! I love the round bubbly shapes and the bunny suit scores big points with me too!

Cookiedough - this is such a fun awesome piece! It's like a Halloween card or Valentine's day. It's cute and dark all at once. Love it!

Sundance - I love dinosaurs so I'm really liking yours a lot! Everything in yours is sooo happy. Very cute and fun illustration!

Now the hard part.... voting... argggh!! I can never choose just one!

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    I voted for Entdroid, because it has the most cute conventions utilized in such a rot-your-teeth way that it becomes satire on cute...making it cute & funny. Gleaming eyes, gaping smiles, pastel colors, hearts & flowers, cuddly costumes, and most of all... deliriously happy best friends!

Magicgoo was a close second, having some of the above mentioned qualities, but I think more could be done with the color of the body of the (s)octopus, like making polka dot tentacles, or having some kind of cute pattern on the body instead of the solid brown. Still very nicely done.

Carnifex is cute in that "crayon shin-chan" kind of way, but not slick enough for the vote.

Cookiedough's is executed in a very cute way, but I don't think the content is cute enough.

And Sundance's is also nice, but it seems like more of an environment piece done in a cute way.

Great pieces by everyone!

Thanks
    I'm with Yumiko.

Vectors though? You guys are masochists!

Thanks
    Don't want to be a fly in the soup Yumiko, but I actually gotta disagree (personally of course), I loved how uncluttered Goo's was, and I think the polka dots would just be kind of distracting.

I still smile when I look at it It's actually the only one that got me to crack a huge smile!

Thanks
    Justin - my comments were really geared towards Ilaekae's request for folks to "post crits and comments on why you voted as you did..." Since I could only cast one vote, I described why I didn't vote for the others. I love Goo's a lot too! For sure. But I guess when I hear the criteria of "Rot-Your-teeth-Cute" I think of that meaning "Borderline-Obnoxiously-Cute." And Entroid got my vote cause I thought it came closer to obnoxiously cute in a good way!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    I voted Endtroid.

They're all cute, but that one is almost offensively cute..

Thanks
    Hey, Yumiko and Justin, I really appreciate both of your ideas! Yumiko, you might be happy to know that after I posted the jpg, I thought the body needed polka dots too for suckers and I made a second version and then turned it into my current desktop background. I almost reposted the "final" suckered version, but I couldn't decide. I'm stuck in the middle on this.

If you're curious, I attached it and the color variations below. I honestly don't know which works better. But, thank you guys for the crits!

Oh, btw, I wound up voting for carnifex. Even though the vectors could use some cleaning up, I think I fell for the idea of the shiny bubble-like bunny suit in the end.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    wow,thanks goo! next time i'll work harder (and try to work with an actual vector program maybe aswell).

i ended up with entroid,because not only is it sickenly cute and well-executed,but there's also something severly creepy with it. the way that hamster looks at me just disturbs me deeply

edit: btw,i think the blue bg/polcadots version works best-would be a perfect tshirt motive
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    voted for entroid, really suiting the subject.
    reminds of the happy tree friends...

Thanks
    entdroid - because its just awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
    SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Went for Carnifex on this one, though entroid's is soooocccuuuuttttte.

Good job everyone!

Thanks
    With an overpowering sugar-inducing coma 33 of 63 votes, the lovely Entdroid retains her crown and title Queen of Vectors...at least til we do it again. This was fun, all, and thank you for participating...

Thanks
    Wow Ursula! I love those re-do's! Seriously, take Carni's idea, go load 'em up on CafePress and make some cash on those.

Drop that on some panties, and I swear I'll buy some for my wife Let me know when you've got it done!

I-Man: Thank you, and thanks for the threat, it is the only thing that made me finish this. Hell, it is the only thing that made me start! I'm getting deeper into Illustrator now, but I took a hard left into InDesign, and I find that program to be nearly orgasmic. It fits into my day job work so seemlessly, that it could cut some of the time spent on our caveman processes in half...now I just have to be able to sell it to a cash poor president.

Lovely work my Queen, it still makes me grin!

Thanks, for the feedback Magicgoo & Yumiko...every little bit helps!

Thanks
    Oh Goddess In design makes my blood boil .. damn I hate that program

but really beautiful work you all
    Wish I could do vector..but I dont have my vector programof choice
    (Freehand)

chaos
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Omg I'm trying to learn vectors and this is awesome!
    Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern