28 weeks later...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

28 weeks later...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=535&item=0

None of the original cast seem to be in this though. Still, looks really really cool from this preview! I like Robert Carlyle.

I also checked out Danyy Boyels new Sunshine

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/

looks pretty damn interesting, and THIS one has Cillian Murphy in it.

Last edited by timpaatkins; November 27th, 2006 at 01:41 AM.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i dunno about 28 weeks later.. im usually a big fan of flicks like that, but then some 'other guy' gets a hold of it and then its crap. but it might be too early to tell.

one that looks like total trash is the upcoming Day of the Dead remake.. although i guess it cant be much worse than the original. after a while the 'of the dead' films just got weird.. and disappointing - JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The opening sequence is impressive, and the first half of the movie, there is no infected gore madness, but it still keeps your attention, the second half of the movie sorta digresses into a b-movie zombie fest, which i suppose is good and bad, 28 days later had a hyper realistic feeling to it, the second half of this movie becomes comic book improbable, also the apmospheric track, "in the house in a heartbeat" is slightly overused.

Robert Carlyle is an excellent actor and has strong screen presence, it's a shame he isn't in the movie more, when the attention focuses on those two kids, they are sort of anoying and you don't really care about them, but Robert Carlyle's transformation sequence, spazzing out and popping eye lids is probably the highlight of the movie.

This is a pretty decent sequel, alot better than i thought it would be, it isn't as good as 28 days later, it try's to do too much, but it is was pretty good.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I thought it was pretty damn good. Its not the typical gore and expletive fest that most zombie movies (even though the things in the move aren't technically zombies) have. To me, the movie really drew me in and put me in the moment really well. I like the camera work and the music. I think it put a new spin on the genre. I never seen 28 Days Later, but I will now.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wasn't greatly impressed. I think it was a good movie in it's own right, but not a great sequel. I just wish it was more in the same vein as '28 Days Later', which it was for about the first half.

*Spoiler*

Up until when they escaped captivity it was ok, with a few things forgiven. But then it kind of descended in to a typical horror flick. There were to many silly little things that bugged me. Like what kind of containment procedure is it to lock survivors in a parking lot and shut the lights so there in total darkness? it was to obvious what was going to happen. Then theres the whole helicopter bit, going into the dark underground, that two kids can outsmart the army and escape so easily, etc. Afterwards I felt like it was a wasted opportunity.

*spoilers over*

We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by halflife99 View Post
    The opening sequence is impressive, and the first half of the movie, there is no infected gore madness, but it still keeps your attention, the second half of the movie sorta digresses into a b-movie zombie fest, which i suppose is good and bad, 28 days later had a hyper realistic feeling to it, the second half of this movie becomes comic book improbable, also the apmospheric track, "in the house in a heartbeat" is slightly overused.

Robert Carlyle is an excellent actor and has strong screen presence, it's a shame he isn't in the movie more, when the attention focuses on those two kids, they are sort of anoying and you don't really care about them, but Robert Carlyle's transformation sequence, spazzing out and popping eye lids is probably the highlight of the movie.

This is a pretty decent sequel, alot better than i thought it would be, it isn't as good as 28 days later, it try's to do too much, but it is was pretty good.
    Except for right at the very beginning.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well yea, but that's an opening before the title's role, in a diffrent time frame.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i kinda liked 28 days later. it was weird... im looking foward to its sequel 28weeks later. heres a still from the movie......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I LOVED this movie! although there were a few things I disliked (IE: The infected dad following them around everywhere) I'm still not sure if I like the first or second one better but I think as a whole I prefer the first one but the second had better action.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in 28 days later, they said that the last radio they heard said that NY and Paris had already been infected...i cant remember, but i dont think they said anything about that in 28 weeks.

I do enjoy the whole "leaving it open so the audience can use their own imagination to fill in the blanks" though. i thought it was good. His transformation was impressive.

anxious to hear about what they will do for #3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think in the first one, they all think the virus got to the rest of the world but they are not sure yet.

And then the guy inside the army bunker says he believe that it stoped within the island and the rest of the world put them in quarantine.

My Internal Organs ... my "sketchbook"
    To visit my portfolio, http://www.simonrainville.com
    my best friend

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.