Art: Robin and Batgirl

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Robin and Batgirl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Robin and Batgirl

In the city of loooooooooooove (Bludhaven). Wish this was canon. I always thought they were real perfect for each other . Tim and Cass, sittin in a tree...k.i.c.k.i.n.g. (the crap out of each other - only if you follow canon!)

Long time no see CA! X_X, school/work is killing me!

Pretty quick work this time, more practice with environments in a rather obtuse way There are quite a few big whopping errors I should've noticed, but didn't till it was too late. I corrected an anatomy error with Batgirl's back, but her front leg should probably be *behind* Robin's arm lol. Whoops. Robin's grappling arm is sort of messed up too. I should probably go fix that, since all it would take is a private message to Mike C. . Robin's lower foot...ahhhhhhhg. Plety of other issues, but I forsee much work, and less play in the coming weeks, so decided to finish it up hehe.

Thank you all of you (if you remember) who posted in the WIP section months ago when I made the sketch for this. I appreciate it, hopefuly the anatomy issues there have been resolved in this final one !

Detail shot at the bottom . As always, crits/comments/etc are completely appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by JenZee; November 26th, 2006 at 02:29 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The background and details are beautiful. And that cape is just gorgeous! The skin tone is so realistic. Love it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there. Your use of colours is great. Lovely stuff. The only thing I think stands out to me is that the figures look a little static?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey jenzee, like this very much! your painting/coloring-technique is great!
    but i think batgirls head could use a little perspective. if we see her head from above, it would fit better to the rest of her body.
    and one thing, i see in many of your pictures: you give more love to the faces than to the rest.
    but over all, its a cool picture!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, thats badass.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooh, gorgeous. Very nice work. I feel like the values could be simplfied somewhat to make the overal composition work better... especially with the area around Robin's right (our left) leg and its relationship to the background.

That's being picky though. Great stuff.

Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love this. Great idea, subject and effort.

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey jenzee excellent piece. For my critique it seems that Catwoman's breasts are misplaced on her torso. They seem too low. Also, as mentioned the poses are slightly stiff, especially in their facial expressions. Otherwise, nice colors throughout. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zen this piece is absolutely wonderful, it has a great sense of movement but the still shot and compositional style is believable. 4 stars.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Jenzee,

i REALLY love this piece, so much mood, it's great.
    i do think putting robins arm over her leg would be benificial.
    robins back leg, does look a little long, but i think it adds to this elegant pose and composition.
    Great job,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, crap... This is awesome. I say "crap" because i was just drawing Cassie Cain... and I now have to start all over. Mad good.

Just... Robin's insignia is on the wrong side. That's all.

*clicksave*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey jenzee, love this, very nice that u can still c the brush strokes,
    lovely detail shot
    as for crits

well the breast are mentioned
    - she appears to be staring.. not looking at robin.. on purpose?

- the blue in robins hair is a bit to bright i think (imo)

- the black shade on catwoman's upperleg is very very dark compared to the rest

- their is a lot of space between the neck and her left shoulder, but i guess that goes allong with the breast crit, cause if u fix the breast ull have the fix the shoulder 2

but still great pic and it didnt keep me from saving it to my HD
    thx for sharing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So Robin IS straight!
    Fantastic! Spot on crits mike...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by asoir
    So Robin IS straight!
    It depends on which Robin this is. There's been three. I think.

P.S. Great critiques Mike.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    look: !!! SANKYOU Lookie . Haha, glad you like it m'dear!

j a k e: Thanks a bunch I definitely agree about the static poses, it was a problem I only noticed very late into the painting, which was rather frustrating. I think placing Robin more vertically, and angling the backdrop a little differently might've helped this much, but I'm not sure. Any ideas ? Thanks for the help!

Arne S.: I completely agree, too bad I only noticed her face was such a boring angle way way late into painting it. I was way too lazy to redo it. But you are definitely right, the angle is boring and flat. Haha, I love painting faces, shhhhh. I know it's one of my bad habits, but I guess my logic is that if the faces don't look right, then everything else looks less good. Maybe it's because faces are such a focal point of a painting. Most people look at them first... I think. This is why I need to do a bunch of paintings that have no people in them! Haha .

light: Thanks XD

Tully: Thank you! I actually had the colors far more simple before, but I was told the values were too monochromatic, and looked bad. I might've overdone it here of course, so maybe a nice medium between the two would've worked better . Thanks for the feedback!

L. Scott Knight: Thanks! Very happy you like it .

Fvallejo: Yeah, I think you and Jake are completely correct in pointing out the stiffness/static-ness of the poses. I thought it might've had to do with the angle they're represented.... Robin is nearly vertical to the canvas, and that might've been part of the problem. I do need to work on more emotive facial expressions. Definitely. Darn those breasts... I need to work on anatomy. Thanks for the help!

Chariot: Thank you, I'm not worthy!

SBACHAN: Thank you! I hadn't noticed the leg being too long... I think that's a good point. Maybe it's also an illusion due to coloring I messed up on? I will try to fix it! Thanks for the helpful crits, and of course the wonderful compliments !

Threshold: Haha well thank you, but I'm sure your cassie pic was perfectly good . I'd love to see it when it's finished! Very glad you like this, and for the record you are only the second person who has noticed that Robin's R is on the wrong side LOL. Nerd. Haha, yeah I know... I kind of wanted it there, but not under Batgirl's hand . "Artistic License" I say, but it's a terrible thing to do. Forgive me!

Joey-B: thanks a bunch! Yeah, the whole shoulder/breast thing was hacked at a lot... I think it used to be much worse, but obviously still needs work. Thanks for pointing that out. (And she's Batgirl, not Catwoman XD!!! Hehe, an easy mistake to make though).

Mike: wow! Thanks for all of that, I really really appreciate it. The diagram really helps :9. I definitely agree with all the things you mentioned, now that you point it out, I'm thinking of going back and implementing a few changes you suggested . The one thing though, is that they are actually *in love* and not *fighting* LOL. If this didn't come across, then obviously I screwed up. Then again, I have no idea how *you* express love! A love-filled punch to the face perhaps? Haha jk, anyway I think I have gotten a few critiques that their faces wern't quite expressive enough, this might add to the confusion. Batgirl's hand is supposed to be resting on his shoulder.... not punching him lol. Oops.

asoir: LOL. Glad you like it, thanks !

Scorned: don't forget the fourth, and very female Robin XD.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome! Except Robin has no genitals. I hate to be the one to say it 'cuz...well, how does that make me look? But, it must be said. Don't know if it's been said, Robin's right pectoral also needs to be stretched out. Still, very nice piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I most definetly felt love in the air! Well illustrated. I just feel as if batgirl's got a bit of a too bland expression on her face... It's probably got to do with the eyes. They're just staring into some sort of nothingness, or his well-built arms, instead of robins face.

That said, absolutely amazing.

mike corriero- That was quite some piece of advice! Even though I didn't paint the piece, I'm very grateful for what you've learnt ME^^

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think there needs to be more wildness or someything in the eyes and maybe a bit of a smile. Their expression looks like they are sitting on the couch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up Whoa!

Wow, this is really awesome, good stuff! I really like the colors and the composition itself, the only thing that really sticks out to me is the way batgirl's shoulder looks, and their expressions, since you said it's about love, it doesn't really feel that way, but I really don't know how you would convey that. Maybe smiles, and a loving look in their eyes...

But awesome!

Oh gee.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    + I love your style, the palette is soothing and makes for a great atmospheric effect. The capes and clothing are beautifully done. The background is very effective. The coposition is nice except for Batgirl's foot being cropped.

-As you mentioned yourself Robin's feet are bubbly and odd looking. Also Batgirl's foot has been cropped in a weird area. Batgirl's neck looks a little too long, that maybe just the angle however.

I think these tiny anatomy errors are the only detracting thing from this otherwise amazing piece. DC should be knocking on your door soon if they know whats good for 'em

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mike isn't all caps anymore but he sure gives great crits
    you already know how I feel about your piece but you will make it even better now right? O___O

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.