Art: Cover Book In Oil
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cover Book In Oil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cover Book In Oil

Coverbook make in oil, for book terror gotic theme, regards. Tenllado:evilbat: TENLLADO STUDIO

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey it's finally working for me.

I like it, it reminds me of the old horror magazines from the 70' and 80's. I like the atmosphere and the style, I just wish she'd look slightly less relaxed. It looks to me like she's just posing for the photograph. She's holding a crucifix in a dungeon, so methinks it can't be all that cool and relaxed, right?

I'd like to see her either worried, and _potentially_ see some sort of threat perhaps. A shadow coming from above, or an arm trying to reach for her, you know, the cheesy old horror-movies style.

I also think her right hand (in the shadow) needs more work and there's something a bit bizarre with the left side of her face, maybe the lighting (lips area), and I also think her left eye could be lowered a little.

basically, you're 95% there, imho. How's that for a critic ?

good job.

C.

Cyril Van Der Haegen - www.tegehel.org

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, tegehel, yes you are reason, is a coverbook to magazin of horror, the usual idea is the pretty girl, the horror was the secondary.
    Are you reason in that need work in some areas, this is a very old illustration, I make at 23 years of age, ang very speed time, but I like by the look cheesy old horror.

I like your work that I see in your website, is more interesting. Regards, Tenllado:chug:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.