Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lynn's acrylic paintings and studies

Thanks

Lynn's acrylic paintings and studies

Hey,

I had another account here at CA before. I was "Sillyling" and I had a sketchbook long time ago. Since I lost the email address to the other account, I guess I'll reintroduce myself again.

My name is Lynn and I'm currently 18 years old. I'm currently going to a local CC college. In two years from now, I hope to transfer out of there and go to a bigger art school. (no idea where, yet)

I hope to improve my drawing and painting skills with this sketchbook.
    Last edited by Lynn Yang; December 19th, 2006 at 12:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 259 Posts
    Sweet! Keep going!
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Nice! More, Please

Thanks
    Thanks guys and gals.

Anyways, I did another painting today. It's one of my grandmom's toy collection.
    I guess I'll be doing more reflective/ shiny things paintings. It's so diffcult getting the colors right.

3 hours- acrylic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 259 Posts
    Awww, cute! Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    hmmm.... I did a quick study of the eye tonight. There's nothing really to say about it. After all, it's just eyes done in grey scale. x_x The other is a crappy webcam picture that I have been working on for over 2 weeks for my figure drawing class. ^_^;

Anyways, there was an art center speaker that came to my college today. O_o; It does seems like a reallly nice school.... like every other art school under heavy video production and under pretty-ful photo shopping. Luckily I brought my portifolio along with me and I had the art center person look at it.

Let's just say.... I was rejected.

My painting = weak point
    My drawing = strong point

Anyways... I gotta update my portifolio for the next few month. Currently I'm embrassed of showing it cause it's sooooo behind in my skill level as of today and this year. o_O Most of my works were from 3 years ago... O_O;

So:

*more charcoal drawings
    *more pastel works
    *more ink drawings
    *more better pencil drawings
    *more better realistic paintings
    *more personal works
    *more better figure drawings

@_@;

Art center or bust in 2008!

Thanks
    hey lynn!

long time no see huh

huh, so i guess you remembered your old account password and stuff

so are you updating this sketchbook from now on?

those first two paintings look really strong, nice rich colours and awesome contrast, the fabric is pretty ambiguous though, you don't really get a sense of what plane its on apart from the way the fruit are sitting. how big are these paintings? sorry but your third one isn't quite as good . it kind of looks like you were painting a character... its really hard but you have to try painting it as if it were a piece of fruit, theres too much life in the bunny....? (i don't know if what i'm saying is true but yea, somethings not right)

the eye studies are really nice, you get a good sense of the top eye lid being on top and the edges of the lids and stuff. you can also tell that the second eye is a dog's.... unless its not in which case its wrong... but it really looks like a dog's eye

i can't really tell from the webcam pic but the portrait is looking good, post a better pic if/when you can

oh and sorry to hear about the rejection but it sounds like you've got some goals, ambitions and motivation since, so just keep painting and drawing and you'll get in no prob
    - book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Krono: Yeah... Actually I did remember the password to this account. xD I'll be updating this sketchbook from now on too.

They're small 9x12 paintings. Normally I work bigger with serious studies (18 x 24). I really should work oil paints.... but I should learn how see colors first.

Actually, that bunny was a still life. I don't think it's bad..... There's too much going on the background and it's realllly white. bleh. :p

Yeah... art center sorta rejected me cause my portiflio wasn't what they were looking for. ^_^; (It's filled with painting of still life, life drawings, and drawings.) They wanted me do the things that I was doing in my last sketchbooks with the cartoon characters and making my portifilio more "fun". In other words, I would have to revamp and redo the entrie portifolio to meet thier standards. -_-;

Funny thing. The other day, I went to the portifilio day at mica. There's one school that offered to pay the full tution for thier merit scholarship competion if I applied.

Ps. It's a cat's eye.

-------------------
    But anyways, I NEED to update. xD I have finals coming up sooo.... I probably won't have time to update this much until it's over. ^_^;

Wip painting.... it's a painting for my design class... I'm supposed to use 3 colors only. o_o; I kinda cheated a little bit with the white....

It's based on

Anyways... some older works...

I haven't been "seriously" drawing in sketchbook.. mostly, I have been getting in the habit of doing 30 sec quick stick man gesture drawings. ^_^'

Thanks
    hey that grey scale cat thing is really nice! you captured the face really nicely. with the colour painting are you allowed to mix the three colours before you apply them to the canvas (or whatever your painting on)? at the moment the yellow on the cat sticks out as "straight from the tube" kindof yellow. and also, try and reserve pure white for highlights.

BAH! exams suck! ..... well good luck and get back to drawing and painting as soon as you can
    - book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks

Of the four cats that I did for my design class, these two are my fav. Let's just say, I half assed it. I didn't spend as much time on these painting project as much I would of liked of... >__<;; I think this project was assigned 3 weeks ago.... But, I ended up doing most of the work during the last 1 1/2 week ago... and one of them was finished tonight. o_O; But anyways, I'm supposed to be writing my essay about my reflection on the project. It's due in a couple of hours from now... To be exact,12 hours from impending doom.... DUM DA DUM...

ARG. I wanna go to ssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee epp...

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I have to stay awake and work on project.

p_o

Thanks
    hey lynn, the purply one is my favorite, although i think you lost the form of the body a little, its squished or something, the head is a lot better.also it kind of blends into the background, you got a better contrast between the foreground and background on the browny one. don't worry your not exactly the only one who procrastinates

sleep is for the weak

haha, nah just kidding, but we all know the terror of staying up uber late for assignments, it sucks.....goodluck!
    - book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Lol.... yeah. There's nothing I can do about the cats now. >_^; I could fix it, but I have to study for my final exams though.

siiiiiiiiiiigh..... I should of spend a little more time on the drawing stage...

<rant>
    But anyways, I have a final exam on this weds that I must study for. I should probably study for it. If I ever choose to be an art proffesor, I believe art classes should NOT have written exam.
    </rant>

Anyways, I'm going to start a long study of oil painting on an 18x 24 canva. This is a quick value study of the still life that I have set up ( bad scanner! It had more contast in my sb) . Right now, I feel the compostion is lacking..... hmm.. What if I put a pearl necklace in there?

Thanks
    The last cat paintings are very nice! Post that drawing for figure drawing class!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast