Art: new stuff

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: new stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's very detailed, but it looks like you used too much white for highlights and too much black for shadow. It dulls the image and nothing really seems to pop out...half for that reason, another reason being that everything is very, very detailed, and my eye kept darting around, as there didn't seem to be any focus on a specific point that you wanted the viewer to focus on. A good way of remedying this could be to put the most contrast at the face, if that is the focal point...or to leave the "tightest", tiny details for the face, and then branch out with larger shapes for the remaining sections of the picture.

Right now the image seems more "embossed" than "3D", which could be a result of having high amounts of contrast and detail everywhere, and not having a very defined source of light.

The only remaining crit I'd have is that all the texture here seems the same. It's the same "plastic" look for the metal, for his face, for his horns, which all should embody radically different characteristics in how each reacts to light.

It's a good effort though, and I commend you on putting so much effort into it. I'm a harsh "critter", so sorry if I offend - it's not meant!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.