Sketchbook: Tell me your story...

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tell me your story...

I'm currently doing some research for an art project about lives as narratives.

I would like to hear from you if there is a moment in your life which may at the time have seemed entirely inconsequential, but which in hindsight you can see as a pivotal moment in the narrative of your life.

To give an example, here's my story.

One night when I was 17, I had some friends over and my mother asked me to make sure i washed up the cups we were using before I went to bed. I forgot to do this, and the next day this sparked a huge argument between us. I moved out of home (albeit briefly), quit college and got a job. I often wonder how different my life could be now if I had just washed up 3 cups; all the people I may have met or not met, the relationships I may not have had, the places I have ended up.

So please, if you have a story like this, email it to me at pjcoulthard@googlemail.com or reply to this thread.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have also thought about this kind of extra-temporal or "what if" situations. I thought about those a lot, but there isn't any big decision that I made or had to take that would influence me as much when you left your house. That is probably a stronger "what if" situation that my ones "what if I chose this course instead of the other"; "what if my friends were evil doers", etc.

But I think this should be on another section.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.