Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
I am wondering what is the workflow steps most people use before they start painting anything like in the illustration phase or when setting up the composition of the scene, especially pertaining to Digital drawing using the tablett:
1. What are the steps sequentially you take to ensure your drawing is in correct Perspective?
2. Do you actually decide on the the picture width and setup the 60 degree cone of vision then draw within it?
3. Do you use grids or the measuring point method?
4. What perspective system do you guys use to draw perspective? If its Linear, how do you correct the distortion outside the 60 degree cone of vision?
5. How do you determine the outline of shades & shadows?
6. What software do you use to do it like to measure the lines to scale to get accurate proportions?
7. Any other info that maybe useful to drawing objects in correct Perspective digitally
this DVD was very VERY helpful when drawing perspective and how to do envirnmental sketches.
from Feng Zhu, one of the best (if not the best) concept artists of our time
even the short clip was helpful
ok thanks for the dvd recommendation, anyone else care to share their workflows?