8 Films to Die For.... (HorrorFest)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 8 Films to Die For.... (HorrorFest)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

8 Films to Die For.... (HorrorFest)

I was basically wondering if anyone saw any of the 8 Films to Die For over the weekend? If you have can you give a review/ Critique on the movie. I happened to see a film called Penny Dreadfull. Heres my review.

Penny Dreadfull is your classic "build-up suspense that leads to nothing" type of movie. The movie begins where Penny an Amaxaphobic decides to take a ride with her therapist to try and overcome her fear of riding a car. About 5 minutes into the movie it flashes to a horrorific scene where Penny is remembering the incident which ultimately causes her Amaxaphobia. After that the movie goes right into Autopilot and into the basic plot of the two riders getting side tracked and stuck in the woods with a killer on the loose.

Penny soon finds herself in her worst case scenerio. Here is where the director and cinematographer try to draw you into the car and make u see what penny feels being an Amaxaphobic and that is where the movie stays. It does not try and reach past the intense fear a person with a phobia can have. The killer running around outside slaughtering people is only second to Penny's fear of being in a car. As a matter of a fact the Killer is really an awefull looking person with bad teeth and horrible sense of style (yes, thats how bland he or she was) .

Penny Dreadfull plays on a persons paranoia and tries to emulate some of those classic suspense films where you have all that build up with no gratification in the end.

If you want to watch a movie that is going to speed up your heart rate, not scare you, and has one of the most abrupt endings ever watch Penny Dreadfull... If not rent the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    actually i did.. i watched all three fims played on saturday. the best [of all 8 if you ask me] was The Gravedancers. the film was actually really creepy until the last 5 minutes when it went just plain retarded and turned into a cartoon with over the top cheesy sfx.

penny dreadfull was just lame. and you pretty much nailed it in your review, but i would add that it was very very boring.

the abandoned had a promising start, then it went dead.. then it kinda twitched for a little excitement then it really died... then it was over.

1 out of 3 propmted me to skip out on any of the sunday showings.. but overall id have to say i was severely disappointed with the '8 Films To Die For' because they really werent very exciting or scary at all. what a waste. hopefully the next round will be better.. - JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah.. i kinda got the impression that they basically were going to bank on the hype... The Hamiltons was probably going to be the most disturbing being that it was about a family of cannibals right? Dark Ride looked good... doubt it was though.. I'll just wait for the dvds to come out..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah ill catch the rest on dvd. most of those really didnt look s very appealing.. and i dunno where the hell 'too scary for ratings' ever came into the situation as was advertised on the commercials??? nearly all seemed very independent film-style so i guess they couldnt get distribution from a big studio, they all kinda banded together and made a mini-fest for themselves. gotta give 'em props for that at least.. - JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was going to go, but they wanted full admission price(for each movie) for what I had heard was just a film fest of "straight to DVD" quality horror movies. Is that how it was for you guys too?

I did want to go on sunday and see 'The Hamiltons' and 'Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horrors', though. Guess I just didn't get around to it. Anyone see those?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.