Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Helzon's SB:In Ever Loving Memory (7/21/33-01/03/07)

Thanks

silhouettes+a little line work

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Brendan,
    thanks bro....i have to start dropping some love to the EMW crew pretty damn quick...just had to finish this up today. Didn't want it to be one of those lingering images that one never gets back to. Anywho...as always i appreciate you and the rest of the guys. My best as always.
    Mike

Thanks
    ho ho! danger will robinson! danger...those sils are sweet! great job!
    props!
    d
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    dood, you're definitely gonna borrow the huntsman from me this week, you will so love it.
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your loss....your inking is really amazing
    Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    Great to have you back Mike! Love the silhouette's,great ideas in there. I really liked your Marko inspired character designs.

I just want to take a bite out of those clouds, they look yummy! Great work.
    2011 Sketchbook

New Helzon's SB R.I.P. Mike

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" -Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Hello Mike,
    Those silhouettes are just what I need to see for motivation. Got to get my brain doodles onto paper. Love your great and strong work as always. Did you use a tablet for these as well as the
    Penelope linework?
    Thank you for dropping by my SB. You are so kind in you estimation of my skills.
    To answer your question............nope. I work in retail currently. Haven't figured out how to plug my traditional skills into the industry I once served in as a 2d efx animator. Been honing my skills in digipaint and now am in a enviro design class with an eye on character/concept design as a profession.
    Last edited by AztcFireFlower; January 23rd, 2007 at 02:29 AM.
    Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Awesome creautre pieces and those silhouettes are awesome. Really love the variety and the flow..That tiger at the end is my fave.

Really sorry about your loss as well, hope youre coping alright.
    TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Oh my goodness...look at you all...such kindness. Let me respond to each of you.
    EDIT: Dave : oh hell bro...didn't mean to forget you in all of that. Happy to know that you liked them. Again..i would really be intrigued as to what you'd do with the same brush. Thanks as always for pushing and encouraging. Cheers!

Brendan: bro that was definitely one of the reasons why i did the sils, those images just hung in my brain and then i just riffed from there. Those guys are just incredible and I would be honored if i could borrow the book, trust me i will devour (visually) every image. Thank you so much in advance.

Themissinglink: I thank you for your kindness on my loss, she is so dearly dearly missed. I will have to get over to your sb and see what's going on and return the favor. My best to you.

Mack: Hey boss, im so glad you are enjoying what's been dropping on the sb here. Yeah after watching marko's video...it got my brain firing and wanting to go after that style again. It's so texture heavy and material intensive...it makes you think about how to create texture with just pencil strokes. He's a mad man(in a good sense). Thanks again for all the encouragement and support.

AztcFireFlower: I don't know if you want me using your real name...let me know if it's ok. Yeah silhouettes are a great way to get what's just tripping around the aether onto the page. Yes, i used a tablet. Painter has a great brush just for this occasion, it's called the "Scratchboard Tool" you can find it in the "Pens" menu....that is if you use painter...if you use photoshop..im sure if you fiddle with a hard edge brush in the brush engine...it would probably mimic it as well. As for Penelope, she was traditional pen and ink then just cleaned her up in PS. The border and lettering were all PS.
    Oh no that was not just kindness...that was pure conviction as well...your skills are stunning to the point that I am seriously going to pm you about em. As for not being recognized in the industry...or working in it...my god they don't know what they are missing. The industry and the public suffer, and im not blowing smoke or bs-ing you. I can't wait to see your enviro's and more of your characters and concepts. You've got the skills and can't wait to see your work out there.

Sirio: Oh it's been a long time friend. I've so neglected your sb...shame on me! Your new avatar kills me...that's just too friggin funny! Can just imagine the next few seconds after that photo was taken...the cat launching itself at the owner all teeth and claws. Thanks for all the kindness, still trying to get my brain and hand in synch with each other. As for the tiger...i figured why not change things up just for a touch of variety at the end. I appreciate your condolences, trying day by day...it's all i can do for now.
    My best to you all!
    Mike
    Last edited by Helzon; January 23rd, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks
    what brush was that again? was it in the 'pen' section?
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Duuuuuuuuude!!!

Those clouds are amazing. Definitely a leap forward for you in terms of color technique. I'd love to see you bust out some more of these little experiments. And the sillouhettes... Hot damn. You know, after looking at the Huntsman book and talking to you and Brendan I started inking out some sillouhettes of gestures for our favorite hammer-swinging norseman... but.. nowhere near the level of what you've cranked out here, man. You've always had killer linework. That scratchboard tool is doing you well...

Thanks

Thanks

revving up the gumption

Attachment 82070Attachment 82400

Not quite sure if I should enter it in ChOW or not.
    might still work on it a bit..dunno.
    Last edited by Helzon; January 24th, 2007 at 09:07 AM.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast