Sketchbook: Helzon's SB:In Ever Loving Memory (7/21/33-01/03/07) - Page 5

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh Dave, you had me at hello.... ROFL!
    Gotta fiddle with some adjustments on the colors..still having that damnable
    problem between PS and Painter. And besides I couldn't let Mike V have all the fun with the elder god anyway.
    As for the other sils looking like Min's work...I only wish I had Min's talent...dear heavens. But you know I appreciate the love bro.

Aztc: Oh lets get things clear here...who's inspiring whom. Haha...yeah your work is frickin stellar and you know it. Can't wait to see more trust me.

Lee: well boss..seems alot got lost in the translation of that piece there...what can i say...other than will try better on the next one.

Designboot: Many thanks! much appreciated. Was trying to take him in a bit of a different direction. Hope the rest of it gels.(fingers crossed)
    Cheers all!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooo, that's nice! The black silhoette is just your style, don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't do that or that it isn't marketable or whatever. I'd say you could blend in the black with the background even more in some areas; I'd say the creature is popping off the purple haze a little too much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

linework

Name:  Heinyho wip.jpg
Views: 4253
Size:  221.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That chtulhu piece is looking damn good, and needing that tad bit of desaturation as you already mentioned, cant wait to see the final of that beast. As for that last update, im sort of afraid to ask! Its cute and grotesque at the same time, makes my head hurt.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kick ass colour work and line work! super clean n sexy really nice to see ! 5 stars

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ack! great way to anthropomorphize a vacuum clear.

cthulhu piece is going well, too, I'll be looking forward to more progress on that one.

bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow tipping, once and for all.

Name:  Heinyho copy 1.jpg
Views: 4261
Size:  269.3 KB
    So, your lord and leige master has been a-seiging and a-conquering the neighboring fiefs and lands...well then
    you know there's going to be a great many new hostages. Well one also knows there's only so many cells in
    the old gaol and it's up to you to keep turn around high. How does one keep the filth and muck covered gaoled populace
    from spreading rampant disease and festering sickness throughout the entire stronghold? Take a moment govna and
    think about that...well that's where this little beauty comes in. Yes, sir!...the handy dandy heiny-ho.
    Just feast your eyes on that bit of high workmanship and breedin! Oho...and may i take a moment of your
    precious time to point out a few features.
    A generous wide mouth for your extra-large puddles of blood.
    Stony plates that surround the entire model...good for getting up your most stubborn flayed skin and embedded bits
    of bone.
    If you're having a breaker of a time getting all that shite off the walls simply flip this gem over
    and let that extra bristly hair have at!
    And would you just marvel at those carbuncles...oh not just any carbuncles..those little wonders
    are just jammed full of a rather potent acid. Really gets into those pits and hard to reach areas
    where rats breed and all manner of unsightly thing goes on.
    I'd bet my last ducket that if your high lord justice is less than quiveringly happy with the state of the dungeons..well yes em
    you'd better reach for the Ye-Hairy-Heiny-Ho!™

*Gassy steam cleaning model shown(surplus charges will apply)*
    *Stick sold separately*

Ok...this is just to clarify that im not bitching, moaning or whining...but
    this was an entry for COW...however due to reasons i will not go into...i pulled it and will leave it in this state. Still hope you all enjoy..and will get to responses on the morrow.
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason: Hey there boss, been hitting the silhouettes pretty hard and the provide a great contrast when you paint over them. Somehow all the colors just hit. Still want to graduate to Raymond Swanland land though. If I could spend twenty minutes watching the man work...it would all be on dvd..just so i could run it back and forth till my eyes melted. But I thank you for the love.
    Still I wait patiently for your sketchbook to get onto CA. nudge nudge

Sirio: Thanks so much bro...im still having a shitty time trying to get into your sb to drop a little love in there. Hopefully today....i'll just keep trying, want to see what you've been up to. As for the dungeon cleaner...haha...it was a little piece in tribute to Coondoggle, JoBeSu, and Arteric who knew never to take COW so seriously and I miss something fuckin terribly on this site. And that also goes for Lukavi, xia, and prostate sunrise. The Seattle crew used to just tear some shit up in Fozzyland. So much fun.
    I ramble and wax poetic...not a good combo, so i'll stop.

Razorb: You humble me to my roots. Many many thanks. All I can promise is to keep pushing my boundaries and make each one better than the last. Cheers!

Brendan: Howdy pard. Yeah was having too much fun with this topic...then somehow it all fell apart. As for the elder god..will have to put him on the back burner..as i need to get another piece going for the gig.
    Thanks as always for the support...gotta go drop the EMW crew some love.

I humbly thank you all and my best as always!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol, I love the colors and material depiction on that dungeon cleaner, it looks. . .ah, um, convincing. You are progressing with our technique to say the least!

I actually posted some stuff on CA.O a while back, I'm going to move it to the sketchbook forum (Since all my own stuff is still sketchy ) along with my current character that I found the time to move on to lately.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dunno if it can be any more phallic. hahahaa....
    ok ok...only suggestion is to give the steam less opacity and thickness as well as only it to breeze over the tail/stick aspect of the critter, that will help define some spatial quality and make the image a bit more dynamic.

also suggest decreasing the chroma/saturation on the tail end by about 15-25% so that the head comes forward more.

cute bud....makes me smile, even if it looks like a twig and berries. rofl!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

NES Main Character 12 years later!

Name:  KidIcarus copy1.jpg
Views: 4160
Size:  264.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, nice take on Icarus dude, hes an underrated player of the NES age. :1 It looks damn great dude love the line art, the only thing that i could consider a bugger is that one wing to his right side, might be interfering with a good silhouette! Love the character on mr. Icarus, now prominent disgruntled employee. Cant wait to see the color version Helzon! (and that seems like an interesting CHOW topic!)

As for the recent COW issue, agreed, people shouldnt take that stuff so damn seriously. Its supposed to be all in good fun.

Last edited by Sirio_Brozzi; February 6th, 2007 at 08:12 AM.
    TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude-- your sense of humor is always the ballz... Love Icarus. I'm glad to see you hitting the linework hard again-- it's always been your strongest point. You taking that bad-boy to color?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bdfoster is right, your humor is the ballz!!!That octopus piece is sweeter then honey. Let's see that finished. Great job!

2011 Sketchbook

New Helzon's SB R.I.P. Mike

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" -Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bwahaahhaahhahaahh!

ha!
    love it!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're sure you aren't an animator Mike? lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I promise ...tomorrow i will post responses to all this love.
    In the meantime..much love back and then some...
    Icarus is in color at this moment..and still working away on him.
    Cheers all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shit. now this is the real world job for kid icarus. (wtf would strider do besides ninja-counter espionage? BAH!)

bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wish i had more time

Name:  Helzon_Chow_58.jpg
Views: 4168
Size:  406.1 KB

This is how this one is going to have to roll. Gotta hop onto another image for the gig.
    Best to you all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay as promised....Responses!!!

Jason: Yeah..it's funny when you start playing around with different brushes and techniques the things that start to happen. I don't want to jinx myself at this point...so im not questioning what why or where this is all coming from..just hanging on for the ride. I still have to make it back over to your SB to answer your question..im getting there bro...i promise.
    As for being an animator..haha...would you believe that doing super tight line work actually relaxes me. Must be the sadist in me. Thanks for keeping and eye out here bro.

Dave: Dr. Freud on line 1,2, and 3....lol! Yeah the steam is a little thick..but it's digesting all manner of rot and roil in a dungeon...(no passes for that?). As for the shape of it..yeah..that would be cool..let it waft a bit more..i see your point. Ok...tone the back down and let the front come forward...again..eagle eye.
    As for Icarus...im glad he gave you a smile man. Hope the color up does him justice..but..me an color bro...you know the story by now.
    Cheers!

Sirio: Thanks for the warning on the wing vs silhouette conflict...hope i solved it ok. It was just something whipped up in about 2 hrs start to finish in terms of linework. In terms of Cow...oh hell yeah..i think some personalities think it's the prelude to a job with Massive Black and mash unmercifully every last fuckin ounce of whimsy from it.

Ben: ahaaaa!....gotcha with this one huh?...yeah this strapping lad is in color. As for line work...been just grooving on some sleek tight ones. It's like a nasty craving, can't keep away for too long.

Mack: Hey bro! Thanks for all the kindness..yeah...i have to make a concerted effort to get back to him...just trying to settle down and not suddenly crank out anymore side ventures.

Brendan: Well big man...my thought is that if you're dedicated to strider..then definitely push his ass 12 years into the future...what other line of work do you see him doing? Bonsai Gardner with his ninja tactics?...Failed koi fisherman...he ends up killing them in the end because of flashbacks? There's a ton of things he could do. Loosen up bro it's there..you just have to tap into it.

Cheers all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's a bit nip ticky, but you wouldn't see the right nip and the left should be down and to the left more due to the man boobage.

other than that, dude...it's perfect. color it done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok...go grab his nipple and yank my friend....

Understood...I was debating it when i painted it and just shrugged the old shoulders. Should have known a nipple man would be in the crowd...lol!

Cheers mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not offended by unnecessary parts of anatomy, makes it feel more at home. Take it how you will.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Old Shaman's Hut

Ok..nipples aside...
    This is just a mishmash of techniques that tried to wrestle their way out of my brain all at once and under 30 mins. GAH!
    im putting my hand on the shiny chrome handle of my American Standard and listening gleefully to the bawoosh.
    Name:  charcoal.jpg
Views: 4076
Size:  156.6 KB

Last edited by Helzon; February 11th, 2007 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there Helzon, I like where this is going. Do you plan on adding to it? I definitely would like to see you kick out some more environmMentals.
    Kid Icarus reminds of the MAD Magazine characters along with all the fun details you find on a second read, like the 'lil bones in the bucket of swill.
    I know. I'm commenting backwards: The octopus creature is coloring out in that style you do SO well. Love the dark lighting and mood.
    More........

Last edited by AztcFireFlower; February 11th, 2007 at 06:08 AM.
    Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hyung-taekim homage

Just a little something done in his style...but alas i think i still have a long way to go to capture his color sense or for that matter his flow.
    Hope you enjoy anyway.
    Cheers!
    Name:  ColdFusion.jpg
Views: 4041
Size:  270.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Aztc: I added a couple of mountains to the bg..nothing too spectacular.
    pushes the depth a touch but not all that much. Just lost the love for it, i suppose. meh..onto other things. Thanks for all the kindness and the support.
    My best to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mike, remember what you did with the colors on that big black samurai armor? That might help. I like this design a lot are the details done?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Indeed I remember Jason, and still wake in a cold sweat screaming from it..
    nah just kidding. Yeah that was a totally different coloring method i went through for that one. Did you mean in terms of the lighting itself or more like getting more detail on the piece?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Good to come home to someone who loves you.

Name:  Welcomehome copy1.jpg
Views: 4017
Size:  165.4 KB

Figured I'd do an enviro but with a twist. This one hopefully tells a bit of a story.

Last edited by Helzon; February 15th, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 9