So..wacoms
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: So..wacoms

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question So..wacoms

Well, so I have a wacom Intuos1 9x12 that I got as a gift last year, and I'm still learning how to use it..well I know how to use it, just not how to use it effectively..>.> which has more to do with my art skills than the wacom.

But I realized that the reason why i dont use it as often is because it is so big, that carrying it around the house to the living room and stuff is just SUCH a pain in the butt...and keeping it on my lap comfortably while having to look at the screen is sort of ..weird.

So anyway, I went and decided to get myself a treat from my paycheck and ordered a graphire4 4x5 from amazon. But I don't know the differences between graphires and intuos...except maybe that I just got it because it is by far smaller than the one that i have which is basically A4 sized.

So my question is, what is the difference. And if any of you do have graphires that are 4x5 .. are they good to work with? don't you find the small space a bit...constricting?

I don't know, I'm getting it in 3 days.. so we'll see.. but I haven't found a good picture of a hand-size to working-space ratio that could tell me just how much freedom i'll have..so i'm .. a bit lost.
    and im not good with ruler measurements, so go figure.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Basically, Graphires are for home/general use, while the Intuos range is expensive and aimed at professionals.

Graphires have half the level of sensitivity than the Intuos. Intuos also feature shortcut keys on the tablet itself. Intuos have a nice matte surface that i prefer to the Graphire, but Intuos are too expensive for me.

I was only refering to the Intuos2 and 3 by the way, i have no experience with 1.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.