Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts

ConceptArt.Org Atelier website launched

http://www.conceptart.org/school

We are happy to announce the ConceptArt.Org Atelier, in partnership with Massive Black Inc. Today's Art training programs at the university or private college levels are not fully preparing students for the field of entertainment design. Massive Black and ConceptArt.Org have prepared a refined program which will enable students of the entertainment arts, illustration, or Fine Art to move directly into driving the oncoming train that is their careers, instead of getting run over by it or missing it altogether.

Students will be moving through a vigorous traditional foundation program of cast drawing, life drawing, still life, landscape and full color painting while learning the basic and advanced production design techniques utilized exclusively by Massive Black Inc on REAL games, film, and toy projects. This is the real deal. By graduation, the students in attendance will have built an entire world from start to finish and will have the strongest portfolios of any program anywhere.

Students are already hard at work and as we move into the new space this month we will begin to accept the remaining prospects.

For those interested, tuition is set at 600.00 per month. MB and CA does not do this for the profits as this is the cost of running the program only. We do this for the love of art, and because we enjoy teaching and helping others.

We look forward to this growing new program which costs less than 1/5th the tuition fees of the private art schools who are attempting to train concept designers for the entertainment industry.

Graduates will have the opportunity to enter a career in concept design through a full list of entertainment companies working with Massive Black and the best of the best will have opportunity to join MB directly, perhaps even prior to graduation. Those who earn their portfolios through hard work will be given dedicated main page spots on conceptart.org which reaches 500,000 artists, students, companies, and art directors every month.

Students of the Atelier will also have their ca/mb workshop tuitions waved so they may further their skills in a place where their work will be seen by dozens of top companies looking for concept artists.

This is a most ambitious effort and we believe the students chosen so far are worthy and up to the task. Spots are still open to those interested in attending. Additional information is available on the website.

Massive Black is providing 3 scholarships to the ConceptArt.Org Atelier. One full ride (tuition) and two half-rides (also tuition).

If only we had it served up on a plate for us when we were in school...

Enjoy and best of luck!

Jason Manley
    Massive Black Inc.
    ConceptArt.Org
    Last edited by Jason Manley; November 17th, 2006 at 04:20 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    What a boon! A truly fantastic opurtunity for those who can go. Great news Jason I expect things will start to get exciting!

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Wow!!!
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Oh lordy, I wish I could take time off from working long enough to do this program. It looks like a better option than grad school... would people who are already working in "the industry" be turned away? There's always ample room to better yourself and to keep learning...

Congrats to this year's very lucky batch of students and thank you to MB and all of the instructors who are making this a reality!

Thanks
    unbelievable opportunity. this looks like one of the best programs you can imagine. very exciting man.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    WOOHOOO!!!

Jason, next time we meet I will buy you a WHOLE cake!

I expected the Tuition to be at least 1k a month... even with inflation... this alters alot of my plans radically!!!
    Last edited by Justin.; November 16th, 2006 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    Love it.

Thanks
    Will there ever be small 2 week courses in the future?

aside from that, wonderful! Just plain wonderful!
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Cool, thats really exciting to me. I have a few questions and I admit I haven't been following this very closely. Where is the school? I have to take the schedule the atelier sets up correct? Can you provide information on good 3rd shift jobs in the schools' area? Boarding homes?
    SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 376 Posts
    Massive Black Inc - unmatched enthusiasm, initiative and pure energy!

you guys are amazing.
    In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy.

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    that course layout looks smart.
    good job guys!
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    anything and everything can be found on http://sfbay.craigslist.org/

we love to help, but you gotta do SOME of the work yourself ya know....

Thanks
    Okay, its based out of your studio in SF, got that now. How long does it run, all year? I'm just trying to figure out if this is an option for me or not.
    SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Damn! Congrats, you guys! Looks amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley
    ...which will enable students of the entertainment arts, illustration, or Fine Art to move directly into the oncoming train that is their careers.

Yikes.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Jason, best of luck with this. What you've managed to do in the past five years is pretty damned amazing.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    The ConceptArt.Org Atelier is located downtown SF in the SOMA district...about two blocks from Massive Black...walking distance.

Thanks for all the support. We have been working very hard to keep pushing and doing things the other companies in our space would never even consider doing.

DS: thanks much...the curriculum is a thick mixture of traditional and historical art training and cutting edge digital production. It is deeper than what we use to train interns here at MB and should yield very good results. The students who have begun are already doing a great job on their tasks. We will settle for nothing less than greatness with them. Of course a student to instructor ratio of 3:1 will help quite a bit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell
    Jason, best of luck with this. What you've managed to do in the past five years is pretty damned amazing.
    That means a lot coming from you. Thank you.. Dream big right? What I am doing is no different than what anyone else could do. Just have to be a workaholic and be able to think of how you wish your life could be..then break it down into tasks and plug away til one day it is done...nothing special here that way. I think the biggest thing I learned was to always surround oneself with great people and to always persist and push forward even when others say it is stupid or impossible.

We have a lot more to do...a lot more. I am still dreaming of having CA member driven workshop spaces in major cities, starting with SF, Seattle, NYC, Paris, and London. Shudder to think how much work that will be to set up and figure out funding...but it will be worth it if artists like us have great spaces to create in as they travel the globe. That is part of the big dream.

For now our full attention is on the triad of MB, CA, and the Atelier and strengthening each into becoming institutions that are long lasting and ever building.

J

Thanks
    Congrats, looks like it's going to be a wonderful time for everyone involved.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jason Manley
    ...which will enable students of the entertainment arts, illustration, or Fine Art to move directly into the oncoming train that is their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis

Yikes.

The key is to not get run over by the train, or miss it altogether. Artists need to be able to drive it anywhere they want to go at whatever pace they wish to take it.

Thanks
    It may be a bit early to start thinking about, but any idea when the next round of enrollment portfolio submissions will be?
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    It may be a bit early to start thinking about, but any idea when the next round of enrollment portfolio submissions will be?
    We will play it by ear there...we are still accepting portfolios as there are some spaces left for those who have been working very hard and need the "lucky break" they have coming to them.

J

Thanks
    *head explodes*

This sounds fantastic. I'm so stoked that you guys are doing this. Any scholarships in the offing? I'm contemplating my next steps after my MFA and how to continue my perpetual student status...I'm torn between teaching, schlepping off to an atelier in Italy and Gnomon...geesh, another option to consider, and just at the right time...ack!!!

Congrats guys! This is such a great hybrid between the traditional and the digital. Very cool to see the cutting edge in action...

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
    1300 Factory Place, Unit 308
    Los Angeles, CA 90013
    www.korpus-la.com
    Blog
    Facebook Page

Twitter
    korpus.info@gmail.com
    Phone: 213-228-2014

Thanks
    Congrats! I'm sure all the students will go on to exciting things. Studying under Dobsky sounds unbelievably awesome.

Thanks
    My golly.

Thanks
    God, I wish I could afford this. If I didn't have all of these student loans I would submit in a heartbeat! You guys are doing great thing for the community and your work ethic and standards are very inspiring. Best of luck to you all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccak
    *head explodes*

This sounds fantastic. I'm so stoked that you guys are doing this. Any scholarships in the offing? I'm contemplating my next steps after my MFA and how to continue my perpetual student status...I'm torn between teaching, schlepping off to an atelier in Italy and Gnomon...geesh, another option to consider, and just at the right time...ack!!!

Congrats guys! This is such a great hybrid between the traditional and the digital. Very cool to see the cutting edge in action...

We have a full ride scholarship available and two half rides, courtesy of MB. You are most welcome to attend/ submit and give it a your best. Scholarship decisions are made by parties at both MB and CA.

J
    Last edited by Jason Manley; November 17th, 2006 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley
    We have a full ride scholarship available and two half rides, courtesy of MB. Please submit. You would be most welcome to attend.

J
    *falls over*

You'll be hearing from me.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
    1300 Factory Place, Unit 308
    Los Angeles, CA 90013
    www.korpus-la.com
    Blog
    Facebook Page

Twitter
    korpus.info@gmail.com
    Phone: 213-228-2014

Thanks
    that's great Rebecca. Plz see my edit...I should be clear that I am not who makes the decision on scholarships. That is a committee decision.

J

Thanks
    Ah, pity I'm in Australia. Oh well I can still watch!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast