Hello! my name is jim

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello! my name is jim

Heya!

My name is Jim and im a lurker .

Ive been lurking for a while now and have only just plucked up the courage to make an account and maybe get a bit involved in the whole thing you lot have going here.

im currently studying in my last year of GCSE's and am a huge Art enthusiast.
    the project im on currently is botanical connections (Flowers) and im hoping for me to be able to post some of my work and get some tips and advice on how to improve what i am doing.

within the near future i am also looking at purchasing a graphics tablet as it seems pretty essential for a lot of the things that go on in this community and it also seems a great way to create art quickly and without hassle.
    i have a price range of between 100-150 pounds and i am just looking for a tablet that will get me going and so that i will be able to create illustrations and work on without it being really crap and me not being able to do anything on it so maybe some people could suggest some good brands and places to buy things.

ill post an image of a quick watercolour painting ive done erlier today (when its dry) and perhaps some other things.

I am also looking for any friendly people who can comment on my work and perhaps assign me things to do in terms of gathering pictures and using various bits of media so i can improve and hopefully get a better grade from this project.

Thanks all

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is an introduction thread in the Lounge, as well as a "Tablet Info" thread near the top. This is the Art discussion forum, for discussing art related topics.. usually about other artists.

But while you are here; Go to the "sketchbooks" section, start a thread, and post your things. Just make sure they are sized well, not too big, not too small.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah.. never really ventured there

thanks though.. im kind of shakey about posting straight into the sketchbooks bit.. but i shall.. once ive finished scanning my things onto the computer..

thanks anyway

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Jim,
    You may be interested in the "Concept Art 101" link in my sig. . . Cheers! :-)

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very useful thread mate.

im probably going to go and buy another A4 sketchbook and start working through your assignments then post the progress on the sketchbooks fourm..
    but i really dont know how long it will be before i can get a graphics tablet right now as money is in short supply and with christmas coming up its about to get even shorter >.<

i can really tell im going to like it here.. already lots of support and advice.. even if i am a bit of a n00b

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome! Hey, and don't worry about not having a tablet. There's soooo much you can do with a sketchbook. :-)

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello jim, and welcome to CA. I hope you injoy it here, this is a pretty awsome community. I think the best way to get involved here and to progress is to start a sketchbook immediately, it is very helpful. Also participating in the activities really helps too. Alot of them are filled with great advice and all sorts of excersizes that help.

as far as tablets go, Wacoms are pretty much the prime tablet brand to buy. At least from what I've seen they are. Plus they are pretty much indispensible to anyone looking to learn digital painting, because its not digital "painting" if it was done with a mouse. When you get It I suggest to look up some painting tutorials because its hard to learn at first.

looking foreward to seeing some art from you.

-Taylor

The Nameless Ones
    NJord-E55
    iolarnula
    Apocalypse Rex
    Invinciblewombat
    Wake101
    Q-Caddlewick
    "Draw till your hands a bloody stump then learn to draw with your teeth."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Jim. I'm the forum's punishment for being such an obvious pit of talent and creative genius...sort of a "before" example, if you know what i mean. Welcome. Post. Say something really stupid once in a while so i can have some fun jumping up and down on your head...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ilae.. behave.. (Jim ilae's our hotshit vector guy..but he doesn't like to admit it)
    Justin ..be more friendly

hi Jim Welcome to CA... the sketchbook is good advice... start one. there are several biological and medical illustrators among our ranks..oh no not me Im a humble costume designer..... look at the Sketch book of Redehlert...

and never be ashamed of old fashioned skillz like actually drawing..with actual non digital media... most of the finest digital painters here are also amazing with a pencil...

again welcome..hope to see you around
    chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.