Art: Wanna learn 3d max ?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wanna learn 3d max ?

If so, my website offers you guys some kool video tutorials. An introduction to its interface, and a basic geometry tools tutorial. You will get along with it. Soon to come: geometry operations. My website offers tutorials for both pro and beginner levels.

Please visit regulary: http://bmc.unrealcodex.org

Last edited by titansolaris; June 19th, 2003 at 12:35 AM.
    Always 2 sides
    For one to grow, one must shrink.

Bruk Marat Center ( Place for video tutorials on game editing )
    http://bmc.unrealcodex.org
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man,
    I think you're in the wrong forum... as administrators said no links here only posted images and If u want to speak about 3d go in the 3d forum... It's not so difficult don't u think?:chug:

I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't mean to sound mean, but your work really is'nt of any quality to be wasting your time creating tutorials. I suggest spending that time improving your work. Your pictorial tutorial about creating a head are horrible. You could simply edit a shpere in a matter of seconds to acheive the same shaped object you create in the tutorial. This is'nt meant to be an insult, but tutorials are best saved for profesionals to write.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont know crap about 3D, but ouuuuuuchhhh...... what a buuurn!:electric:

Forge is right, man. It doesn't belong here.

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :confused: What head?? Shows you only looked at the pictures. Dude, if you read all of the tutorial, it says BASIC CHARACTER. Its not about making a head, its about knowing how to create a simple mesh for unreal tournament 2003 to make a bone system in it.

Did you look only at that tutorial ? Its the oldest one. I got new video tutorials. Whatever, I aimed this site cause lotsa people here have talent and should put it to 3d.

My work is of no quality ? Wanna see my work ? here:

Wanna learn 3d max ?

Wanna learn 3d max ?

Wanna learn 3d max ?

Last edited by titansolaris; June 18th, 2003 at 08:58 PM.
    Always 2 sides

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think that sucks. The opposite. Except for the large amount of tris in the model wich is a nono (ok, not if you're converting to tris anyway...)

But it should still go in the 3D section.

As for the site: i cant find anything on that... :-/ no working links there. Sorry, no video tuts... except basics

Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uhh, every link works, well it works for me, and if those guys are critisizing me, it must work ? anyways, thanks for the feedback Erik

Always 2 sides

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Relax man.

I'll stick to my guns, the only mesh I see that is decent is that female. Even then it's far from professional. Do whatever you want. I just think you have a lot to learn before you start making tutorials. That Poop monster or whatever it is has traumatized me quite a bit too.

The main grip I had was that your mesh construction is very messy, and the methods you use are semi-redundant, and dont seem to stick to any kind of rules. It's just my opinion. And the last thing, is that if you react to crit's this way in the future don't plan on getting a job. Everyone is going to crit your work in some way. Your tutorials seem to just mimic the 3ds max help files as far as mesh construction. I see you have PS7 and 3dsmax r5 Hope you have legal registered copies etc, blah blah blah. Those are quite expensive, especially your "stand alone liscence" as opposed to the more affordable student liscence. You are just turning 18 if i'm correct. You might be rich too, i dunno, just felt like picking on you. Don't take things too personally. Art is art. I was just suggesting things, you wont get many visitors if there exsist tutorials of a more professional nature already. Make them unique.

And he's right. None of the vid links work. Thats why i was looking at the only tutorials that did work, that character setup/head tut.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ill just stick with 3dbuzz.com for now
    you have a bad attitude, but you did good anyways =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What did I say wrong?

Always 2 sides

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    titansolaris

i think the whole thing started simply with the post in the incorrect forum. and then doing it again. i work in the 3d "art" field and i think your work is good, but still has room to improve. Heck you never fill that room up you can always improve.

but you are going to have to get used to critique, good or bad. it takes along time and a thick skin, and you will have bosses that you will want to kill becasue of how rude they are about your work.....but thats the way it is. i've been doing this for a while and i still have a hard time with it.

I saw your tutorials they are not bad, i have seen much, much worse. there are lots of cg newbies out there that could benefit from them.

anyway, keep pluggin away

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @painiac: calm down man....
    it's lowpoly (isn't it? ) there is sometime a little polywasting but its no bad work! the is looking ok and not that far away from professionell models as you say...
    btw @erik tris are more then ok in lowpoly, engines are counting in tris, so why not using em to get a convex/round/smooth mesh?

@titan nice work, but try to use not that much polygons in areas where you don't need em in such a finde density

bonus vir semper tiro.

Steffen 'Neox' Unger
    freelance 3d artist

www.airborn-game.com
    www.polyphobia.de

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @cinsev Your right, theres alawys place to improve cause new programs are always out and have new features, but I cant be more improved then I am in 1.5 years of experience with max 5. Your right tho. The other thing is that your right when talking about accepting critic. I dont know man, its just that I got the need to defend myself cause many ppl are watching the fight. Anyways, I find it cool that ppl see the positive sight. The thing I wanted to avoid is ppl telling me that im rude. How can I be rude by wasting my time making tutorials for ppl who dont know anything about max or whatever my tuts are about ? Thanks for the feedback about my tuts. Had to make em crappy quality cause of bindwidth on my host.

@Neox Finally someone who understands what is a low poly modeling. If id defended myself alone without you, they would probably think that im a freak. But anyways, you seem to know your way in the gaming industries about tris and polys. So good to hear that my brothers are helping me out with explaining to the community that low-poly=low-poly. You cant really make a clean mesh unless you work more than 8h on it. That was my case.

Thanks for your time guys

Always 2 sides

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i know the engine does it all in tris. And i know it's ok to have tris in lowpoly. Like i said ;-) But i'll still state they're nice models. Especially if you are building them poly by poly which i'd never try - that's hard work!

Why do you do this in poly-by-poly? Is there a special reason?

Reg.

E.

NB. maybe ask some mod to move the thread over to 3d forum? We can discuss the models there ;-)

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh,

and the links REALLY don't work for me. Don't know why, just that they do. Seems you might have forgotten a <a> or </a> somewhere?

If you fix the links we can watch the video! Always good to watch tutorials, always learn something new from em.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry about the trouble eric.

I model poly-by-poly because this feature disables smoothing group problems. This technique is very useful when it comes to making a mesh from a drawing in your back ground viewport. And when you meshsmooth your model, theres no "fecked" faces. Works very well.

Anyways, what are the links that arent working ?

The thing is that my host put then in a place that only a certain amount of ppl can dl em at the same time, so youll have to retry now and then.

Always 2 sides

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^can't agree with that
    modelling poly by poly takes to long, and i can aonly change proportions after building the model, not during this process, but this is just my stubborn opinion

bonus vir semper tiro.

Steffen 'Neox' Unger
    freelance 3d artist

www.airborn-game.com
    www.polyphobia.de

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it's not so much the fact that the links dont work, but that they are not links. It starts from the second section.

Also: you have underlined text that is not a link! This is 'illegal' in the webdesign book of laws ;-)

I agree with Neox. Poly by poly is damn difficult, i feel like i'm building a card house if i do it ;-)

But you seem to do fine with it so keep on it!

E

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First off, i'm calm. I was never the opposite.

Second, poly by poly is a really healthy way to learn. My guess from the images is that you use edit mesh, and shift-drag edges. I use this method. Yeah it takes a little longer, but if the artist is familiar with it, it's very detail oriented. Also for oganic surfaces, it's much easier to control.

I don't however understand your smoothing group problem. You can manually edit any smoothing groups to your hearts content. That feckles effect is native to 3dsmax, i rarely see it in an engine. Just turn down specular in the materals rollouts.

The quad vs tri issue is quite easy to resolve. The major up side to quads, is they look better in smoothing groups, and are subdivided cleaner. Other then that, a texture really negates any quad/tri issues. You should really never see the geometry in a finished model. Good luck with everything, never meant to sound harsh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is incredible the rude that people can be with others. The boy has very good intentions and he worries about putting tutoriales, thing that for some, it is a pleasure for learn. And it is certain that it can improve, all those that are here have errors and they make errors in everything that they make.

Criticism is not to kill... ok? if your boss make u hate him, don't pay your cowardice with others. It is too pretty to pay the fury with the wrong people.

I see many comments of dirty prepotency in like he has been answered to the lad. If he is in the wrong forum... a moderator will already tell it to him, it is not question that an user comes and in bad ways and with pejorative irony he tells it to him. Some cordiality for god...

I applaud the serenity and patience he has showed.

regards

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    White Blazer, you got a head, thats for sure. And if so, you got a brain, a big one compared to some unconciderate people here, who dont give a flying monkeys ass for the hard work that others input to help the society around them. You own. thanks for helping out. Your one of these ppl who are actually beneficial to the developement of the cG community.

Always 2 sides

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uh..i think u guys are bein' kinda petty, the guy that said that u need to be a professional yadda yadda to have a tutorial about 3d, thats bull...everyone has their own techniques, there are people working in concept art in big companies that actually hold classes and such and frankly think my little sister could do a better job and she's 13...it just happens that these guys have the degree that says they're 'professional'. if a person doesn't know anything about 3d it wouldnt matter, i mean someone could go to this guys site look at his tutorials and decide for themselves if its helping them out or not, its not for u to judge if its good or not just cause he didnt model a head from a sphere or whatever it was u said.
    i have a feeling ure just one of those guys that think u have a good grasp on the program and decided well "someone is in here offering a tutorial, i'm gonna check out his work..."u see it and then ure like "tch...thats not so great as compared to mine" so u come in here and u post a rude comment which u try to make seem a little 'prettier' by starting out saying u don't mean to be rude/insulting or whatever u said, which u were.
    and to the person thats aid "ooh burn" or whatever..ure simply adding more fuel to the fire, stop being whiners, at least the guy that posted the tutorial had a good intention, teaching what he knew to someone else that maybe doesn't. if u think ure pro enough and can do a better job than he can then go to some other site or maybe ure so pro u don't need a tutorial at all, but u shouldn't come in here and start bashing this guys tutorial because ure also bashing his artwork and i never heard him ask for a critique.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.