Where 2 Find Toned Sketchbooks?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Where 2 Find Toned Sketchbooks?

so ive seen a bunch of people sketching in toned notebooks then touching it up with shadows and highlights. but i cannot find them anymore. does anyone know of any manufactures who still make this stuff?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Just make your own. It's not all that hard, and you would have complete control of the paper type...

I've made simple ones with maybe 36 - 48 - 60 pages and just sewed them together with yarn or string. You can spend a day making about fifty of them and save a good bit of money by buying the paper in reams from a commercial graphic arts paper supplier, since most of the paper is acid free today (except for the really dark colors like black and dark blue and maroon.).

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    I was looking for something like that a while back but with little success (although my local art suppliers are pretty limited)

I did find a range of pastel sketchpads made by Daler-Rowney ("Ingres") that are pretty sturdy and have a nice range of mid tones, but they're expensive and a bit thicker and more textured than what I was after initially.

If I need another anytime soon, I'll be going with Ilaekaes advice- just get some toned paper and attack it with a hole punch.

Thanks
    I found mine made out of recycled paper at my local art store. Cost about 20 bucks...

Thanks
    thanks i will have to try that. ive been pretty inspired seeing what people can do with it and the range of mediums which can work with it.

Members who have read this thread: 2