• Paolo13

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

IDW 0022: Assassination Droid [VOTING]

Topic: Assassination Droid

Background: In the year 3124, Emperor Vladimir II has succeeded his highly successful father, Vladimir I. However, instead of using his vast armies to protect and expand the human empire, he's taken the opportunity to wield ultimate power; holding the empire in an iron grip, oppressing the human race. The people need him dead. Design a droid to provide Vlad II with a suitable end.

Brief:

1. Design an assassination droid.

2. The assassination functionality should be hidden (or the droid itself) as security around Vlad II is tight.

-------------------

Sogbad
    The scientists had made Vladimir II invulnerable, the technology they provided made assassination impossible, nothing could penetrate the shields, laser grids force fields, body guards and surveillance, and even if they could get past the security, advanced medical techniques allowed for almost total destruction of the human body to be repaired.
    SPES, Latin for hope, was what Fawkes, Vladimir II's Chief Scientist, came up with, obviously he needed technology that couldn’t be found or countered, a droid that wasn't even there, and then to be able to cause Vladimir II to cease to be.

SPES uses dimensional physics, it floats around scanning the environment for its target, 'jumping' constantly into and out of this dimension, avoiding detection and any from of barrier, when the 18" high droid finds its target it 'jumps' inside of the targets body, embedding the razor sharp shards through the internal organs, once embedded SPES makes one final 'jump' into another dimension with the impalled corpse attached, removing any possibility of recovery.

-------------------

R13
    The producers at C-News took a huge gamble when they outfitted one of their standard vid-hoverers with an electro-assassin unit. Though they would get the credit for ridding humanity of a tyrant, their reputation for unbiased coverage was forever tarnished..

-------------------

Technoscream
    X3-PL "Lurker"
    The X3-PL "Lurker" is a mecha that can take on a variety of roles. Designed primarily for stealth assassinations of human targets, this is a vicious killing machine. It has also proved to be excellent at infiltration/surveillance work and has also found use as a trap; waiting underground until troops pass which it will quickly rip through.

-------------------

tuzz
    With nano technology finally perfected, and many industrialists tired of Vladimir II's iron fist ruling the masses, have come together to form what will become the downfall of his rule...the new technology combined with a silent killer, as it was known in the early 2000's will bring Vladimir to his death...once released the carrier has only one thing on its mind...blood...and with the gene code of Vladimir running through its senses, it is only a matter of time before the release takes place...even if the carrier is swatted as it bites, the infection will have already taken place...then there is only death as the nanos eat away at the lining of the blood vessels, organs and finally the brain, filling the inegmatic ruler with his own blood, until he bursts from the inside out....

-------------------

ViDA

-------------------

Act.Appalled
    One Time Use Directions -

Remove Mantis from wrapper.
    Say the name of desired victim and press start.
    Sit back and the Mantis will now seek out it target.

-------------------

Paolo13
    The idea is that part of a chessboard becomes a robot (sort of like the rover on mars), and can inject poison in its victim.

Research shows Industrial Design of the Week is addictive.
    Come get your fix.

Sculpty Fight! - The Sculpt & 3D Challenge

Flipbook 2
    www.Philistine.com.au

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    technoscream, love the clean design. And its very menacing in its simplicity

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Supervlieg
    technoscream, love the clean design. And its very menacing in its simplicity
    Thanks to everyone that has voted on my design! Its my first entry so I'm very pleased to be doing so well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Technoscream: I agree that looks excellent. Did you render that in 3D with non specular lighting?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work technostream.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinatus
    @Technoscream: I agree that looks excellent. Did you render that in 3D with non specular lighting?
    Thanks! Im totally self taught and so I lack alot of the terminology but I think you mean that the light doesnt reflect if its non specular? If so then you are correct as with the program I use (Sketchup) I dont think it can handle Specular lighting unless you export it into another piece of software (Ray Trace). Im happy with the way it renders in Sketchup at the moment but may try to learn how to use other programs later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sogbad- I liked how you finished this up compared to its start. the idea was just a little extreme for me, though the blade thing, something I liked a lot.

R13- Humerous and probably closer to real life political situation. could have been sharpened up a bit.

Techno- although seemingly the favorite. I thought this unit wouldnt be that hard to detect for in that time frame. I thought the presentation was good, as is your style in general, (checked your site).

Tuzz- got my vote as it would seem something that would be obtainable by then, (maybe closer to now). I had a similar idea, maybe thats why. but I thought the presentation was decent and the idea palattable. sp?

Vida- very nice work. but if I was the body guard, aint no way that thing would be anywhere close to anyone. but I loved the artwork.

Act. not quite as finished as some of the othes, and certainly something you would see coming and should be able to destroy.

nice work all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sogbad – this design would certainly accomplish its task with no chances of the target surviving. Given the time period of the brief I find the design totally fitting for possible technologies. My only critique would be that if found the spikes to be a little excessive, preferring a simpler arrangement but this is only a personal preference. Good work that got my vote.

R13 – I liked the concept and background. Looked a bit raw still, I would like to see it finished and see how the weapons worked.

Technoscream – a good clean model and render with nice mechanical detail. I would have liked to seen something to give some scale (although I keep seeing it as coming out of the plug hole in a shower). Some nice work in your gallery too.

Tuzz – good concept, innovative and a nice different approach.

ViDA – I would have liked to have seen the background for this piece. Nice image, good presentation of the concept, a good clean and simple design. I would agree with others, that I could not see it getting close enough to do its job – of course in a world where mechanical pets were the norm it would blend in far better.

Act.Appalled – I liked the idea of the pre-packaged assassin, I felt the details could do with being ironed out, method of operation etc.

Paolo13 – a good design and an interesting choice of object to conceal it into. The rearing droid looks quiet sinister how you have shown it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.