Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    great great stuff here, some of your pieces are really dynamic, so nice to look at
    thanks for sharing and keep going!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice stuff. I'm not sure if I like your paints or pencils better...

Keep updating : ]
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Awesomme stuff! I hope to see more of this

Thanks
    whoaa O_O you rocks, Calader grab it. Love your last pencil's works)

Thanks
    Hello again,
    wow ! that's lot's of replays, sorry for keeping you waiting for so much time.

Pedro Cardoso - thanks alot. About my process it varies alot, I don't have exact rules that I follow, often I use small pencil or pen sketch(most of the time small thumbnail) to start, and all the rest is in photoshop. I'll try posting some WIP states from time to time.

rlederer - thanks, thou I'm not sure which background are you talking about, most is messy stuff with large brushes, I don't have the patience to go into more detail on the back

agelaos - dooon't !, just draw, draw, draw. For the start I'll answer again sometimes I do start in grayscale sometimes I don't. It's hard to say which I prefer or do more often.

jMarkus, Fellah., D@niel, kischi, Razorb, Addiso - Thank you all !

Chupacabra - yeap, I know about the faces, should exercise those more, especially the perspective

Epias - Most of the time I use a custom chalk-like brush with opacity set to presure(and maybe some texture), I'm to lazy to change opacity manually

mentler - It's an honor.

Artguy, naomiful, Discoskull,

Mr.Delicious - I'm ashamed of myself , I wish I could be more organized, and be able to concentrate easily and more often

spazazo - ok, I'll try again, sketching or speed painting every day, but sometimes I'm just sooo tired after work, and after all I share the PC with my wife, ok, ok, I promise no more excuses

undergroundsean, alyssa milano, cartoonfox, iatriki, Leo Snow - thank you too, and hope a wont let you down next time

...aaand here's some of my production after loooong period of laziness, and all sorts of distractions:

The Lost Post - Small squad of parapostmen dropped on the wrong address

Attachment 214810

...and here are some steps:

Attachment 214811

Just all for today, the rest are tiny sketches or abandoned stuff. I'll try to scan and post some tomorrow.
    Last edited by Calader; October 8th, 2007 at 04:44 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calader For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Gang, the Beasties and some more

As I promised this time, some more of my recent crappy sketches(I have even worse of course)...
    First - Some random character some of them loosely based on a common theme, I had the idea for this to be some sort of gang lineup, but lost the idea quickly after the first 2-3 characters, after that it was random(as it is evident from the mess to the left)
    Attachment 215107

These are some of the first sketches of a campaign I've started, the main objective "Learn to draw creatures", I hope I soon move to something more dynamic with more idea into it
    Attachment 215108

This is a quick chick doodle loosely inspired by certain parts of the "Death Proof" movie soundtrack(has nothing to do with the movie itself I think). And a quick gesture of my wife being bored to death
    Attachment 215106 Attachment 215105

...and yeah, I know they may be small(thumbnail size) but usually that's the format I sketch in, I know that's a bad thing, but I'm really paper efficient !

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calader For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 907 Posts
    cool stuff man, that post before this one is really sweeeeeet. I'm glad that this wasnt just another bump after months of no art! hah!(thats me pushin you to do more.)

MOOOOOOREEEE!!!!!!!! Great work man
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    i love this thread.Its got cool designs, great lines, cool colors and chicks.
    I subscribed and already voted ya 5 stars, but just for the heck of it i'll hit the star button again.

much respect to ya

ciao

Thanks
    Mr.Delicious - thanks man, nope, no sipmle bumps, I usualy feel uncomfortable posting without images attached

TheGnoll - thanks alot, I'll be back with more stuff tomorrow I hope

Ok, now I started making daily sketches again, too bad the first 3 from today and yesterday I did at work and I just can't take home anything from work , sooo just one quick(not so quick maybe about an hour)study from photo (random environment), I'll try warming up like that for some days. going trough various light setting and palletes, filling some gaps, and than move to something more creative and interesting.
    Attachment 216359

Thanks
    Hey Glad you've started sketching again!
    I really like how simple yet effectively rendered the water is in the last one. Also, I like everything else about it.
    Thank you for the inspiration
    When in doubt, run and shout.

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!

Thanks
    waaaa jus amazin man always love comin in here for new work always a major pleasure thanks

Thanks
    014 is my pick from the creatures you posted! That one rocks and is full of personality. I think your campaign of creature design is done!

Thanks
    tnx all !

Sketch -thaks but I tink the campaign just started i'll continue this wikend if I dont distract myself with something else

Here's a quick sketch i did a while ago, inspired by Mr.Delicious's amazing SB, as it is evedint my tabled drivers crashed and I caried out much of it without sensitivity , until I gave up totaly. I decided to post it anyway
    Attachment 217380

...and this should have been this evening's speed paint, it wasn't very speedy, and I couldnt finish it. i stated without any idea just some volumes in space. After the first half an hour it was still going nowhere. I was just about to leave and dump that, as I do very often, but it just started to look like something, and I'll maybe even finish it, if I still like it tomorrow.
    Meanwhile I'll apreciate any comment and sggestions on that, it's my first hangar/shipyard thing I ever draw.
    Attachment 217382
    I know te perspecrive is still off in many places, I hope I'll be fixin than

Thanks
    crap man your pencils are wicked cool!

as for the hangar, what about really adding some activity to it. what the people inside it would be doing? Repairs? Upgrades? Boarding? Smaller ships entering/leaving. Is it a really busy commercial shipyard, or a more slow/restricted military zone?

keep it up i know you can pull off something sweet.

Thanks
    Thanks Gus - but I still don't like my pencils, must exercise more, and thanks about the advice I intend to include most of that stuff, later, for now I'm just playing with the big shapes

...btw sorry its still not finished

heres somethin that started as a speed paint(again, I really wish to make'em fast but I'm just to slow, and don't know when to stop, and how to divide my time properly, this one was almost 3h)...as it is evident i think, I'm really heavily inspired by Sparth lately

It's something like "The Forest of the Overscreens"
    Attachment 218293

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast