Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Thanks

01Jan08 Update

Hapy New Year all

Mr.Delicious - thanks man, unfortunately I didnt have as mutch time to draw as I wished around these holydays

jangsa - tnx yeap some of them are fast, I'm realy stuck on the initial abstract thumbnail phase and rarely go beyond that, a thing I'm trying to change, qickly finishing things and bringing the further, I realy slow on the finishing part

ikuru - ;P "Wicked Sick" as they say, that's what I aim for, which reminds me I havent drawn any mosnters and creatures in ages, not counting the little tree friend

bonedog, Dished, Gilles,_^SlayeR^_ - tnx alot

panda - thanks for the comparison, not that I look at it again there are some similatities, but not that much and I'm not realy sure this is the direction I'm heading towards, but who knows

sabin boykinov - hope to do so, the worlds and stuff I mean ;P, happy new year to you to

drazen - hey thanks, and nice to see you here

archipelago - thanks for the comment and suggestion, I'll try and keep these in mind, those are indeed common mistakes I make. About the simplicity in stylization and rendering of the female face, thats something I know about, but trying to rethink the right balance of, right now

28chelseaslater - thanks, I'm glad you like'em, I have some plans for some more creatures in near future

marioucci - hey thanks mario, I still have to work alot more on those damned pencils and I still dont feel comfortable enough using them...
    glad to see tou here, I kinda expected to meet you in digi-guys, but I guess I just missed the moment

heres some thing from last week:
    Here's another thing I started, danm I'm good at starting and not finishing things, I kinda dont know that to do with the colors here, will try something
    Attachment 270379
    Some nude studies from photo reference, nothing special here
    Attachment 270380
    A thing I've been doing these holydays is going trough Bumskee's amazing SG, I've see what it means to be seruous towars studies(and many other things), so here's some atempts at being more serious(in numbers)
    100 hand studies, mostly from some anatomy book, mainly Hogarths Dynamic Hands, and various other sources of refference...
    Attachment 270382

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calader For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 907 Posts
    hey there, you got some nice hands. I'd totally die trying to do that much . great stuff!
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    the one with the woman and the girl there, finish it! that shit rocks, and then come teach me something im my sb!

Thanks
    not much stuff recently, I'm still recovering from holidays , played alot of games these last days/weeks...
    Gears Of War, Helgate:London and oh the horror...Puzzle Quest for DS, this one was damn adictive...so here's what I managed to do:

Sky Fish Hunters

It's about those two lucky guys who have just discovered what's supposed to be a huge colony/hive of those little bright colored creatures, who jet around on tail of blue flame.

Attachment 280095

Managed to finaly finish this one, I'm not proud of the results , no perspective, messy lighting again and so on, but you give the critics, I'll be glad to here some.

...there is some more stuff in progress, which I hope to post in the very near future.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Calader For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    impressive,like always.i wanna to draw like you in future.
    sorry,I'm not in a position to critique your work.
    but i think,you can do it for me in your spare time.
    post more.
    Need your critique
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 907 Posts
    you played games?! you were playing games?!?! you must advance! stop the distractions! you got awesome work, doo moreeee!

I like the colors in the last one/the creatures
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    killer work all round'. I went through your whole sketchbook front to back and certainly took some notes. Love your rough grayscale character thumbs, Im definately jumping on some of my own fosho. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Awesome sketchbook. Those hand studies look really tight (in a good way )

That last image misses indeed some depth through perspective. The foreground elements like the hill they are standing on and the trees almost seem to be in the same place. The lighting is something you can fix more easily, as the colors in the foreground and especially on the characters themselves are a bit muted still. I think with some more vibrant and saturated highligts/colors you can do something about that lighting and make the image more striking.

Thanks
    so most of your wips are done first in sketches and then overlayed in color? i really love these new ones calader!!!

love the flow of the colors, the lighting is easy to follow and the sense of the scene great job! both your colors and your paints!!

keep it up.. maybe you could do another breakdown of one of your new paints!! that would be very interesting!

Thanks

Thanks
    I think this is grate start of the year, I see style changes.
    More details and look more finished, I really like the structures at the background.
    Keep painting!

Thanks
    hej Georgi,you painting machine!
    those are coooool. downloading all

Thanks
    hej, we can make one day competition in hand-drawings.[I mean hands as motive]

Thanks
    wow, ops for not visiting your sb before, frggin' wonderful.
    Keep this up, I'll be back soon.

Thanks
    Love your work Calader. You have some excellent ideas.
    Thanks for sharing!

-kodak

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast