Sketchbook: Janos' old and musty sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Janos' old and musty sketchbook

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink Janos' old and musty sketchbook

Hey folks, welcome to my very own sketchbook!

I started drawing at a very early age and enjoyed it since then. Although sometimes those frikkin artist blocks come knockin at my door and I often want to burn my pictures after seeing some great ones on the net and in books or gallerys, I guess drawing is my one and only dream.
    I've had quite an experience with showing my art to people, personally and on the net, and although most like my stuff I am looking forward to getting constructive...or less constructive criticism from you guys and gals!

Before I start showing you some of my "work" I'll tell you what you can expect from me: Mostly fantasy sketches, lineart and coloured pictures inspired by books, paintings and fantasy worlds.

By fantasy I mean any heroic fantasy from LOTR, over HP and HP.Lovecraft to those weird pictures nobody understands

So enjoy and I'd welcome any comments and critics and will answer them happily

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Janos; January 6th, 2009 at 08:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My first Pictures are linearts that I am planning on colouring in near future, when I get my new markers. The only Problem is I hav never used markers, so some advice or help that you can give, or even links would be appreciated. The inspiration came from the fantasy World of Aarklash. Enoy!

The militia broke into the house without even trying to knock or get in some other way.
    An official search warrant in one hand and a seargent in the back, the militias entered the candlelit room. But even after several hours of intense search they would have to accept the escape of the child...Sidamie was quite tricky to catch!

The Warrior of Danu, Ahnyghan, entered the room quietly. It was warm and cosy, candles had been lit and incense could be smelled. The scent was very different to that he had encountered in other houses of this sort. It had a metallic note to it, which made it mysterious.
    Behind a red curtain he could see the curved outline of a woman. She was taking of her clothes when she suddenly spoke: "I welcome you, strong warrior, to the house of Azharim Bisalia. Tonight you shall forget your worries and lay in the arms of a Crimson Vestal. Be prepared for the night of your life..."

Order of the Sun

Last edited by Janos; July 31st, 2008 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is an illustration for a friends character in a book. She's called Ni'Tashat. She was coloured with watercolours about two years ago so I guess I could do better now!

Next up is an illustration of a miniature of the 100kingdom line. He was drawn for a contest. Any comments would be appreciated!

The next one is my last...I like it a lot and I hope I will be able to colour it soon! I might try to show you some rougher sketches I've got lying around someday, but not yet!

Last edited by Janos; July 31st, 2008 at 03:58 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wellthere...new post, new comments!

All right here are some wips and other paintings, please feel free to comment and crit.

They vary in Style, and god do I wish I had finally found myself my own style, but I guess I'll just have to go on painting...

Leramettev is offline climbing up the endless rungs Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there. That's a long break from posting!

I like the Arabian night vibe from some of your pieces. Don't see much of that around here.

The perspective in some of your pieces are muddled. Lines don't converge to vanishing point correctly.

Anatomy issues in figures. Might want to delve into the wonderful, but often frustrating, world of anatomy studies.

Don't wait too long to make more posts!

Members who have read this thread: 1