Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

► beautiful liar

Yo peeps!

Head on to the last page for fresh updates, they also smell less like vomit and ass. tyfyco

ciao!
    Last edited by Brendan N; November 1st, 2007 at 07:25 AM.
    Brendan Noeth

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i think the first peace is still your best peace you made digital.
    your pencils are rocking the shit out of the place.

Welcome back, really liked your previous work, and i gonna like your know work and sketchbook, 5stars allready .

Grt'z oma.

Thanks

~evacuate~

Oma - many thanx mate, appreciate the kind words and the undeserved starz! Will update with some more pencils soon, going to experiment some.

I'm moving all the first post's updates here in order for me to be able to change that little icon thingy. Another update probably in a few minutes...

many thanks,

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks

~dead meat~

Getting inspired by Meatsworthy .... he makes it look so easy. Bugger.

http://www.4shared.com/file/11366558...Maara_FM2.html

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ented_Brendan/

c&c welcome!

- d.
    Last edited by Brendan N; February 27th, 2007 at 02:39 AM.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Its true, Meat just makes it all look to easy. Youve created a good atmosphere though, works well. The caves from the above post is nice, great stuff.

Thanks
    you filthy bugger with your new sb
    Last one is cool, i think you could do more in terms of depth but the ship is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 593 Posts
    Great new sb man !!
    The pencils are looking very good, but the speeds are even better. Good work on the brush work.
    But in second one, the enviro, the color of the sky is popping out to much. i dunno why the reddish colors doesn't really fits.
    Anyway, looking forward to seeing more !! =)

Thanks
    I would love to see a contrast in color somewhere either on the character or the the ship or both... I did a quick paintover to demonstrate what I mean. You've got a lot of warm going on in here with nothing to punch it up so I added some blue to your shadows. I also added some dust/particles being kicked up by jetwake and a shadow to imply closeness to the ground... the red cape and light on the front of the ship are totally subjective - I just felt like adding them... what are the hexes? I can't figure out if they're supposed to be windows or panels... I would either give them some backlight/reflections or make them very sublte to imply panels... also think about defining rocks a bit more in foreground and even adding a few shrubs here and there and a cloud or 2 to break up the sky some...again totally subjective - these are great mate

► beautiful liar

Thanks

~chickenshits on ecstasy~

Hey guys!

j a k e: Thanx mate! Yeah, he makes it look so easy, and to top it he goes around acting like its not good enough and that he needs to do more studies. Bugger. Thanx for the props, was thinking of you and Idiot Apathy when I was applying the texture to the caves!

blanquish:
    You cocky Aussie with your smart replies you! Thanx man, in terms of colour it could use more depth, though I was going for some more photorealistic.

Daniel: Awesome thanx man! Yeah, I need to get some practice in on my pencils.... glad you like the speedies. I see what you mean with the sky, something to keep in mind. It was really awkward because the warm colours were in the background and the cool colours in the foreground, really wierd.

rlederer:
    Thanks! See what you mean with the colours, as I have said I agree it could use more colour depth. It was an attempt to get some realistic lighting, something I need to work on... did another one using the same formula, but added some more colour, hopefully this one will have more punch. Else I'll try until I get it right.

K, two more for today, both speedies. The first is using the same formula as the one in the previous post, though I work some more colour into it, hopefully it comes through. The seond is almost purely playing around with colour.
    Each took no more than 40 min...

hope you like! c&c welcome!

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Looking very good man !
    The colors in the last one are well chosen =)
    Keep it up!

Edit: i didn't even see that you putted my sb in you sig. I guess i have to return the favor =)
    Last edited by DanielC; November 11th, 2006 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks
    good to see you posting in this section again D, speedies looking sweet

keep posting, cheers

Thanks
    d, you are updating again. Yeah new stuff.

really like that first one.
    but don't you think that tank shoots over that target ? anyway, looks cool! plzz post more!.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oma
    but don't you think that tank shoots over that target ?
    Maybe, but remember that projectiles also fall, the smaller the gun the quicker they fall. I'm no expert, but i'd say this type of vehicle doesn't have an effective range of more than 800m.. dunno.

Besided, it was more compositional than anything else lol.

decent replies later!
    ciao!

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    i'm diggin that last one u posted of the tank. the explosion is sweet. keep it up.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Hey Brendan.

Really like the beast on post #3 and the most recent character. nice speed painting.

to crit the ship on post #4... It seems like the closer ground and the further ground are the same. I think the closer ground should be clearer.

Thanks

~grubby muddy study blues~

Hey thanx everyone - return posts & ratings to all of you soon, if not already!

DanielC: Thanx man! And thanks for returning the favour man haha - no need though ! I'm putting some really inspirational threads in there.

Shinryu: Hey dude, thanks for the props. Saw you started a new book yourself, will need to check it out. Thanks for checking in man!

oma: Thanks man, glad you like! What happened to your sb, I don't see it anywhere?! Update if you are not doing so!

ArtZealot: Many thanks. Nowadays I'm just picking colours as opposed to using dodge/burn or other modifiers. Glad it's coming through, though there's a lot of work left!

SantaClaus: Many thanks! I agree fully with you on the crit. The composition sort of blindsided me, failed to get round to that effectively. Thanks for stopping in man!

-----------

K, updates! First up: this awesome character was referenced from a photography site, linked in j a k e ' s sb. Really wierd face, HUGE eyes and a very warm smile. As you can see I failed to capture many of his qualities, and the drawing itself isn't exactly cool either. meh.

The second is a figure study of Luba Shumeyko, whom I discovered in Marco Nelor's sb. Marco's sb, btw, is the shit. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so determined and hardworking, or anyone that made so much progress so quickly.

Third is a character, incomplete but I'd like some suggestions and crits. He's a flagbearer in a post-apocalyptic world or something - still need to nail down exactly what.

Lastly are some oldish inks. Page to the left I used construction, in the page to the right none.

hope you like, c&c welcome!
    ciao!

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Woohoo, new pencil work, i am sold to your work once again .

that luna girl, > i would do her . ^^.

and my sketchbook, eum. i got a new one. look in my signature. > the face house 2.

maybe you could give that not complete char. some wounds ore something, like he got in to a fight and is now flothing to heaven ore something.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    HEy Bro, New sB huh?
    Didnt know how I missed it . Still it looks good.
    I love your sense of lighting, but figures, work on them . the guy with the axe it has some perspective issues and some anatomical gliches. In the last update , the girl looks smokin hot, and the guy looks good too but the foream , is too cubical or maybe flat, foreshorteming problem probly.
    Anyway, great to visit this thread. It always is.
    Take care.
    Oh yeah, subscribed.

Thanks

~more from a colourblind hedgehog in a bag~

Yo dudes

oma: Thanx man, much obliged! I'm going to work some body paint and tattos onto the character, and shade it further when I'm not feeling so tired. Thanks for dropping in man, ciao!

bhanu: Thanx bro, what you up to? The figures need work, I'm going to grab a Hogarth book as soon as I'm done typing and some studies. I'm in the process of fixing that forearm, I've probably redrawn it like 9 or 10 times, and the paper is starting to get damaged, so I'll figure something else out. And armband, or changing the armpad thing. Will fix and update. Thanx for dropping in bro, going to stop by your book asap.

--------

Two updates - another speedie. Trying to work my lighting, but it's not coming along fast enough. Frustrating. And another Luba study, which I swear to looks abnormally tons better in life than here. My camera really doesn't do the job, seriously need a scanner....

c&c appreciated, hope you like peeps
    ciao!

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    woohoo, daily updates again? >>> plzzzzz.

hehe the photo's work fine for me, i hate my scanner. fucks all my drawings up.
    and yeah drawing could be frustrating, but thats part of life! try to deal with it, and the frustration will soon been gone, and you will have more fun doing the same exercises.

and is that luba girl posing for you nude? damnz how can you focus on the drawing then? and if she is posing naked for you, i will drop by to south Africa and gonna draw her with you . ^^

Thanks
    Thanks for stopping in oma - and for the compliments!

The model though is not from South Africa, there are a lot of her photos on the net. She's considered by many to be the world's best nude model. Just Google "Luba Herge" or "Luba Shumeyko" and you'll find some good poses from which to draw. Her boobs are a bit too big, but otherwise she's got a pretty ideal body, great proportion... hehe

Anyway, just thought I should clear that up. Thanks for dropping in!
    ciao!

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Hey brendan !!
    Good updates.
    I got a suggestion about the pencils: try doing a more curved hatching, not jus straight lines. Take your time and do a nice line that follows the form.
    ...about the digis... gosh you just inspired me =)
    Great work !!

Thanks
    best way to improve your lighting would be to do some still life/ any work from life. Try doing some digi painting studies and observe the best ways to show light hitting form. Also remember with painting how the temperature ets will influence the colour of the shadows.
    your stuff is definatly looking better man
    keep it up

Thanks
    Hi d.! Your progress with that paintings is just awesome - really good looking stuff. My favourites are the pic with the bloody guy (chow#43) and your stillifes just kick ass. Post more, mate, always inspiring to see your work!

Thanks

~and on the ceiling~

Yo!

Daniel: Hey thanx dude! Yeah, currently I am rushing my pencils for no reason, you're right I should spend much more time with them. I'm always scared of curvilinear lines, since my drawings sometimes look archaic when using them, so I'll definitely practice them some! Thanx for the kind words bro, and for checking in!

Spade: Thanx dude. Right now I'm more concerned with the colour effects of light. Currently, the brighter the light the more it tends toward yellow (at the highlights). But I'm struggling to find the right balance and "gradients." I'm also trying to get more comfortable with multiple light sources. I'll do some studies from life, but with colour it's usually best to study existing paintings I think. Dunno. Thanx for checking in man, appreciate the encouragement!

Ulver: Thanx dude, much appreciated! Glad to hear you think I'm making progress, even if I don't feel like it lol! ciao!

--------

K, updates aren't much to look at. More pencils, getting there but these still suck. I want to also start drawing motion blure into some of my pencil stuff soon. And a very quick Painter speedie. Well, started off in Painter and did some excessive finishing off in Photoshop, just playing around with colour and EDGES. Really need to start looking at my edges in my paintings, harden and soften them where appropriate... <sigh> learn learn learn!

EDIT: Oh Yeah, forgot to mention I had a good look through my Wes folder before doing those pencils. So don't get too excited if the faces look better than usual. They're still just feaces, really. But thanx for the inspiration Wes!

hope you likem a bit, ciao!

- d.
    Last edited by Brendan N; November 14th, 2006 at 04:26 PM.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    the pencils!! awesome. really looks awesome.

for that painter photoshop creature,

can you explain why you used photoshop and painter for the stages you did.
    i mean, you made it with painter, and finished it with PS.

and what brushes did you use in painter, because iam into painter to .

Thanks
    Thanx oma! To answer your question - I did most of the work in Painter. I use Trevor's brushes, which he explains on page 4 of his sb. You should really try them out, very easy workflow and fun to use! I then take it into photoshop, where I apply colour correction and clean up the brush work were necessary. I would also use photoshop to add texture, since Photoshop's brushes are much better for this!

hope that answers your question!
    ciao

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Man, this thread must suck lol. work work work brendan!

K, if you're in the northern hemisphere be grateful. Today was damn hot (especially after a few days of rain), my room is the hottest in the neighbourhood thanx to its windows - perfect east and perfect west - and I have NO air conditioning. No wind. I'm pretty sure I can stand any temperature below 0 C, but heat pisses me off. /rant.

Contrary to what you'd expect, the updates have both been rushed instead of carefully taking my time to fix it all. So forgive the quality - the first was done in painter, colour correction and contrast in PS. Second - some pencil stuff. Both from imagination.... hope you guys like, thank you for listening and please send me some snow for christmas ....

ciao peeps!

- d.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    wow, the pencils, can't say it enough time. but they look awesome!

that speedy is indeed not the strongest you made, but it's the heat .

and here is it cold, but 0 degree's can be funny, we can skate on ice .

but the pencils looks awesome, but i think the nose of the upper guh is a little bit off, but it could be me. drop more pencils here. love your work.

Thanks
    Coming right along man...great stuff here...particularly digging the pencils on the still life and cork...looks like you really took your time and put a shit load of effort into them. The Meatsworthy inspired stuff is very dynamic...just wondered if you checked out paperblue.net? Just make sure to have a chair handy to catch you.
    Best to ya.
    Yeah...sorry about the heat...i'll try and send ya some ice cubes...lol.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast