Art: Demon Elf Girl

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Demon Elf Girl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Demon Elf Girl

Move this image if you need to. I figured it fit for me because it is 'FINALLY FINISHED!' lol. So yeah, if it's still a little too newb, you can move it : )

This is my first 'serious' attempt at doing some different lighting. if you've seen my other works, they always tend to be flat or more design oriented. So comparatively speaking, this was a little of a jump for me.

I'd love some help on the lighting, especially because it was a first try and I would like to get better. Such as how light hits certain areas or reacts differently on the skin or the hair which i think i had a lot of trouble with.. but mostly on the wings))

Comments on the anatomy will probably be ignored because of the fact that I took a random sketch and tried this out. it wasn't really a study on realism as far as the drawing went. Just on how light affected it.

Here's the original sketch: click me for the pic

Thanks so much!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think her left arm should be under the shadow cast from the body, as the light is behind her. I think the same crit goes for the whole piece, it kinda feels like you haven't made up your mind about where the lightning is coming from. Is there a lightsource in front of her, too, that we just cant see? Or is that glowing.. thing (Think it's supposed to be the sun but I'm not sure) actually in front of her? Other than that, I think it is a pretty nice image.

Btw, you should also think about how light effects the colors of different things, not just make all the colors brighter where the is light and darker where there is shadow, it will look more realistic if you have different tones of colors. And the wing membranes should look more yellow-orangeish if the sun is shining through.. keep practicing dude!

Life is a promise
    nobody keeps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wicked, thanks for the crits. those are all definitely things I have to work on.. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me those things.
    I guess i just kind of splashed a lighter color all over the upper left, hehe. ah well. next time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice a little manga.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.